Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

titans or bucs

danlhart87

the titans did have it last week. The strength of schedule changed that today

I didnt see anything about the titans getting it? and the bucs played a 7 win team compared to the titans playing an 11 win team so if it was SOS then the titans would be one instead

To me, Winston has bust written all over him.  I would stay away from him

That very well might be the case.  OTOH, there are some thngs about Winston to consider.

Despite all of his off the field antics, he has overcome the fallout to win on Saturday. Undefeated 2 seasons in a row.  Also, He plays out of a pro type offense, where Mariota does not.  Marcus is not as NFL ready as Jameis.  He will have to learn to play under center and read the D and go through progressions.  This is what trips up the most of other guys drafted over last few years.

If Mariota quickly translates his skills to the NFL and learns the speed of the game and QB from the pocket (read D go through progressions before tucking the ball in to run), etc, then he'll be the long term adversary.  Winston is likely the one to make an impact right away.  But if he doesn't grow up, he'll derail his career in a manner Johnny football is on pace to do, even if he does have some on field success (unlike Johnny Manziel).