Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucky Brooks Top Ten Prospects By Position

4. David DeCastro*, Stanford, OG (6-4, 304): DeCastro is the complete package as an interior blocker. He is smart, tough and physical and possesses the athleticism to assimilate into any offensive system. When scouts closely examine the success of Stanford's running game, they will fall in love with DeCastro's superb play at the point of attack.

What round is this guy thought to go in? We need another lineman in the best case situation this off-season. We could do worse than bringing in a guy who played for Stanford and was on the same team as Luck if we go with LUck as the top pick.

I believe late 1st but I could be wrong. If he falls to 34 that would be great luck and decastro

I believe late 1st but I could be wrong. If he fails to 34 that would be great luck and decastro

Just a thought. I think we have our tackles of the future and I think Reitz is a solid guard I am less than solid on Pollack but am pretty resigned to the fact he'll end up starting next season based on numbers but we are still a guard short.

Just a thought. I think we have our tackles of the future and I think Reitz is a solid guard I am less than solid on Pollack but am pretty resigned to the fact he'll end up starting next season based on numbers but we are still a guard short.

I agree.

I could see Manning staying for 1 more season before they trade him to get the best value out of him for what he has left.

Think about it from a business perspective, why would Peyton let the colts trade him, especially to get high value in return? That would be taking away talent from the team that Peyton is going to and giving it to the colts. Peyton can just go to free agency instead of being traded. He basically has to agree to be traded because of his contract.

Think about it from a business perspective, why would Peyton let the colts trade him, especially to get high value in return? That would be taking away talent from the team that Peyton is going to and giving it to the colts. Peyton can just go to free agency instead of being traded. He basically has to agree to be traded because of his contract.

Peyton isn't going to have a say in it if the Colts decide to trade him. He doesn't have a no trade clause to block a trade. Peyton can't just go do anything he wants short of retiring. Anything else the Colts have to agree too.

Peyton isn't going to have a say in it if the Colts decide to trade him. He doesn't have a no trade clause to block a trade. Peyton can't just go do anything he wants short of retiring. Anything else the Colts have to agree too.

Lolz, you think that Peyton doesn't have a say? You don't need a no trade clause when you have a $28 million dollar bonus. Peyton would have to restructure his contract, which would be an illogical decision by him.

Lolz, you think that Peyton doesn't have a say? You don't need a no trade clause when you have a $28 million dollar bonus. Peyton would have to restructure his contract, which would be an illogical decision by him.

I think it's a well known fact that Manning can't be traded till they work out the bonus thing so if we are working out a trade like you were in your post I figured we haved past that. Yes both parties would have to agree to move the deadline date back which might not be possiable based on the information that came out last night.

However if they do it removes the control Manning has over the situation. He's not going to be able to tell the Colts who they can trade him too or what they can get back for him. He might be able to have some say in where they trade him before agreeing to push the date back (if possiable) but I really doubt he's going to be able to set the terms of the trade in terms what the Colts get back from him. As for why Peyton might want to let the Colts trade him? If he feels the Colts aren't going to release him because they want something back for him and he doesn't feel like he's going to be able to win another Super Bowl here and he's being kept to pretty much just get Luck ready. Then he might very well be willing to work with the Colts on trading him.

Also Peyton can't "just go to" free agency. The Colts have to agree to release him or they have to agree to trade him which is my point. While Manning has some power he is far from the person in control here like some are making it seem.

I think it's a well known fact that Manning can't be traded till they work out the bonus thing so if we are working out a trade like you were in your post I figured we haved past that. Yes both parties would have to agree to move the deadline date back which might not be possiable based on the information that came out last night.

However if they do it removes the control Manning has over the situation. He's not going to be able to tell the Colts who they can trade him too or what they can get back for him. He might be able to have some say in where they trade him before agreeing to push the date back (if possiable) but I really doubt he's going to be able to set the terms of the trade in terms what the Colts get back from him. As for why Peyton might want to let the Colts trade him? If he feels the Colts aren't going to release him because they want something back for him and he doesn't feel like he's going to be able to win another Super Bowl here and he's being kept to pretty much just get Luck ready. Then he might very well be willing to work with the Colts on trading him.

Also Peyton can't "just go to" free agency. The Colts have to agree to release him or they have to agree to trade him which is my point. While Manning has some power he is far from the person in control here like some are making it seem.

The colts would have to pay him $28 million dollars to keep him on the team which I think is a good thing. The problem is having Andrew Luck on the same team as him. I don't want to waste any more chances to get Peyton more Super Bowls by wasting the #1 pick on a quarterback. That would not help him out at all.

The colts would have to pay him $28 million dollars to keep him on the team which I think is a good thing. The problem is having Andrew Luck on the same team as him. I don't want to waste any more chances to get Peyton more Super Bowls by wasting the #1 pick on a quarterback. That would not help him out at all.

This isn't about Peyton from a Colts stand point. It's about making sure you can win with Peyton Manning and make sure the team doesn't fall apart when he retires. Drafting Luck should secure that. With that said I think you can put togeather a team that can compete with Peyton if we do draft Luck. This isn't the only draft pick we are going to have before the end of Peyton Manning's career. Also the return of Peyton Manning alone might very well help this team. We lost what six or seven games this year by a touchdown or less. You going to tell me Peyton Manning isn't worth at least one more TD a game to this team? We might not be a Super Bowl team next year with Manning or Luck at QB and frankly if we went in another direction at the draft pick that guy is going to be a rookie he might not be able to come in and help us win a Super Bowl right away. This might be a two year rebuilding process regardless of what we do with the pick even with a healthy Manning with next year being like 2002 when Dungy got the Colts back to the playoffs but they weren't a real Super Bowl contender till starting about 2003.

If Manning is not healthy he'll retire as the result of a career ending injury, There would be no interest from any team, if he can't play he can't play. However, a healthy Manning has the potential to win a Super Bowl every year he's on a team with a solid defense and an adequate running game. After all football is a team game. The one most difficult position to fill is the quarterback position. Manning's injury is such that if it is fixed and he is well then he is as good today as he ever has been, maybe better. If it works out that Luck could also be a Colt then good for Andrew and Indianapolis, but if it doesn't then take another QB from the draft or another team. A healthy Peyton is a proven commodity.

This isn't about Peyton from a Colts stand point. It's about making sure you can win with Peyton Manning and make sure the team doesn't fall apart when he retires. Drafting Luck should secure that. With that said I think you can put togeather a team that can compete with Peyton if we do draft Luck. This isn't the only draft pick we are going to have before the end of Peyton Manning's career. Also the return of Peyton Manning alone might very well help this team. We lost what six or seven games this year by a touchdown or less. You going to tell me Peyton Manning isn't worth at least one more TD a game to this team? We might not be a Super Bowl team next year with Manning or Luck at QB and frankly if we went in another direction at the draft pick that guy is going to be a rookie he might not be able to come in and help us win a Super Bowl right away. This might be a two year rebuilding process regardless of what we do with the pick even with a healthy Manning with next year being like 2002 when Dungy got the Colts back to the playoffs but they weren't a real Super Bowl contender till starting about 2003.

Drafting Luck takes away from the top players that we could get at other positions. Yeah we could be pretty good next year with Manning, but I think that we would be better if we drafted quality players at other positions. Drafting Luck limits are chances of winning a Super Bowl throughout the end of Manning's career. I don't want that to happen.

Drafting Luck takes away from the top players that we could get at other positions. Yeah we could be pretty good next year with Manning, but I think that we would be better if we drafted quality players at other positions. Drafting Luck limits are chances of winning a Super Bowl throughout the end of Manning's career. I don't want that to happen.

That's one school of thought, another is that sooner rather than later the Colts are going to be in the market for a franchise QB (even if Manning comes back) and there if Peyton Manning comes back and is Peyton Manning again you might not be in this spot to get that franchise QB again till after he's gone and having to go threw another season like this. Even then there is no promise that the guy that is going to be there is going to be as good as Luck is supposed to be so if you have the chance to get that franchise QB you do it and it will be easier to get the other poistions down the road.

Again the Colts are trying to win with Manning (assuming they keep him) and AFTER he's gone. Again this is about the Colts doing what they feel is best for the franchise not what is best to give Peyton as many chances they can for him to win another Super Bowl before he retires. I am sure Irsay would love for the Colts to win another Super Bowl or two before Manning is done but he also doesn't want to have this franchise fall flat on it's face when Peyton does retire because they have sold the future to win with Manning.

That's one school of thought, another is that sooner rather than later the Colts are going to be in the market for a franchise QB (even if Manning comes back) and there if Peyton Manning comes back and is Peyton Manning again you might not be in this spot to get that franchise QB again till after he's gone and having to go threw another season like this. Even then there is no promise that the guy that is going to be there is going to be as good as Luck is supposed to be so if you have the chance to get that franchise QB you do it and it will be easier to get the other poistions down the road.

Again the Colts are trying to win with Manning (assuming they keep him) and AFTER he's gone. Again this is about the Colts doing what they feel is best for the franchise not what is best to give Peyton as many chances they can for him to win another Super Bowl before he retires. I am sure Irsay would love for the Colts to win another Super Bowl or two before Manning is done but he also doesn't want to have this franchise fall flat on it's face when Peyton does retire because they have sold the future to win with Manning.

Remember that the players we would draft instead of Andrew Luck would probably still be here after Peyton retires. If we had a very good defense and a very good O-line, then that would be a good situation to be in when Peyton retires. Our new quarterback would be in a perfect situation like T.J. Yates and be put in a position to succeed.

And next year and the years after that there still are quality quarterbacks. Next year there will be Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, Tyler Wilson, maybe Tyler Bray, and other guys as well. There are lots of good quarterback prospects in the future. I can see that you'd rather have the quarterback situation pretty covered, but look at what a 5th round pick in T.J. Yates did with an excellent running game and defense, the Texan's won there first playoff game!