Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Titans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The Colts are 4-2 against a cupcake schedule though, and have an extremely hard 2nd half schedule after the Lions game. I think everyone expected them to be at least 4-2 through the 6 games we had. Going after Rivers was a one-year win-now move. Ballard knew he was getting Buckner for the 13th overall pick, so Rivers was a one-year replacement, and Eason was probably one of several QBs that we'd keep on the roster for the future that we were interested in in the draft.    Let me ask you this. Rivers and Brissett are probably gone after this year. We'll have Eason, and probably draft a QB and sign one in FA. I don't know if we'll draft a QB early and start him year 1, or draft another QB in the mid-rounds and start a FA. However, unless we sign someone like Dak next year, do you see us competing with our QB situation? We'll either start a 1st or 2nd round rookie, Jacob Eason who may not get any playing time in his rookie year, or a FA that would just continue the process for a 3rd year in a row not getting our young QBs any playing time.   I want to go for it this year. Getting in the playoffs gives you a chance, but we need more than what we have right now most likely. Without Rivers, it sets us back another year because of reasons I mentioned above. We may have a "good team", and Ballard may "draft well", but without a franchise QB, we can't beat the Chiefs and Ravens. We'll probably struggle Vs the Titans, Steelers, and Bills. Remember, we lost to the Browns and barely beat the Bengals.   If we get a pick from 15-20, then it's going to be hard to trade up for a QB as well. That means we probably aren't getting Lawrence, Fields, and Lance. If we don't go for it with Rivers this year, we'll probably miss the playoffs next year until our QB gets better, and by then, we'll have to re-sign the 2018 draft class and be cash-strapped. We are in really bad shape unless we get a QB to produce IMMEDIATELY next year.
    • I probably will. However, every GM, Coach, or anyone associated with football should be judged based on their results, not "what looked like the right decision at the time." If that were true, Ballard would be chastisted for the 2018 draft and plenty other picks that looked like reaches. You have to give it a few years. Likewise, when Ballard makes a decision that is universally praised and it doesn't work out, you have to judge that by the result as well once you gain plenty of information. Good or bad, the end result is what you are judged on. 
    • You just basically repeated what I’ve been saying for weeks about Wisco.  Thanks.   beng from Wisco is a negative predicter of an effective nfl rusher too.   it is also my dispassionate analysis that this years line is quite. Bit better than the one Mack stated behind and that his 3.8 almost certainly would have been better with a better line.
    • Don’t be so emotional Estreet.  We are analyzing here.  I said right now.   I don’t understand why JT is getting the Brisett treatment this year.   the narrative in the echo chamber here is the line sucks, Reich sucks, rivers sucks, the receivers suck and that’s why we don’t run well.  seems far fetched.  JT will be a useful pro but I think he will have limitations and will need a complimentary back
  • Members

• Nadine

Nadine 10,562

Administrators
    • ReMeDy

ReMeDy 2,883

• danlhart87

danlhart87 3,943

• Shadow_Creek

Shadow_Creek 704

• jimmy g

jimmy g 579