Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The other side of the coin is as soon as this guy became available they start talking about AV being injured. Maybe they liked him enough? Oh the speculation. 
    • He still has time to hold onto the ball longer than most QBs in the league.
    • I don't want to write a four page white paper, so some broad brushed statements have to be made.   Agreed about your characterization of Love.   QBs tend to get injured when they have contact.  The more an offense relies upon the QBs mobility either by a designed play or by ineffective pocket play, the more likely they will be injured.  Tua got hurt on a pass play where he was outside of the pocket.  Aaron Rogers broke his collar bone at least twice because he had to scramble or was extending the play.  PM, Brady, Big Ben tended to stay healthy.  Also, having some size and strength to withstand a DLs or LBs arm tackle helps too.   I'm simply saying that it seems counterproductive to our investment in a #6 LG to form a 4 second long stout pocket to now covet a college QB who's strong strait is mobility outside of the pocket.  I'm not talking about Love, since I would consider him more of a pocket passer, and his escapability from a collapsing pocket is not really on tape.  Given our oline, I'd think I'd want Love more than Tua, but I also want a 6'4 240 pound QB to stay in the pocket with confidence he can shed an arm tackle.  As far as Love with regards to that, he doesn't look to have the frame for it.  Burrow would be the guy.
    • I think the earliest that will happen is IF we lose the next 2 games and we play the Panthers at home.   At 6-8, pretty much, we will be out of contention then. If we are 7-7 then, I do not see it happening. 
    • Remember, he may have played against other teams 2nd stringers but he was playing with our 2nd stringer also. If he gets in now he will be playing with and against 1st team guys and a damn good Oline which he didn't have in preseason. I am also very curious.
  • Members

• chad72

chad72 10,293

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 3,081

• WarGhost21

WarGhost21 1,022

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie
    • aaron11

aaron11 2,342