Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predictability and Slow Sarts on offense

Jay Kirk

I don't think they'd release him in June unless they felt he has a medical condition that wouldn't be better by September. But yeah he has been terrible. Do you remember me crapping my pants watching him in pre season ? He's been terrible since the Colts hit the field in August.

His play is considerably lower than last season but he's not even the worst lineman on the team... how can he be so horrid? Also if the middle of our line wasn't called upon to do some of the dumbest shifts and double teams maybe he'd look a bit better. That's my biggest issue with the line, they seldom play like a cohesive unit and I think that is a much more glaring problem than talent, which I actually think we have a lot of.

I don't think they'd release him in June unless they felt he has a medical condition that wouldn't be better by September. But yeah he has been terrible. Do you remember me crapping my pants watching him in pre season ? He's been terrible since the Colts hit the field in August.

He's been up and down. A lot of down...

I do remember you calling him out in preseason. I didn't disagree, I just didn't think his pay was relevant. When the offseason comes, I think his pay will be relevant. Cost above replacement will matter, and overall impact on the team's ability to control the line of scrimmage and win games against good teams will matter.

Also, we could designate him as a post-June 1 release at any point after the season is over. Don't have to wait until June.

His play is considerably lower than last season but he's not even the worst lineman on the team... how can he be so horrid? Also if the middle of our line wasn't called upon to do some of the dumbest shifts and double teams maybe he'd look a bit better. That's my biggest issue with the line, they seldom play like a cohesive unit and I think that is a much more glaring problem than talent, which I actually think we have a lot of.

I don't know how is play can be so horrid but it is.

He's been up and down. A lot of down...

I do remember you calling him out in preseason. I didn't disagree, I just didn't think his pay was relevant. When the offseason comes, I think his pay will be relevant. Cost above replacement will matter, and overall impact on the team's ability to control the line of scrimmage and win games against good teams will matter.

Also, we could designate him as a post-June 1 release at any point after the season is over. Don't have to wait until June.

Sorry I had a couple of Sakis at dinner and got confused to the meaning of "post" and "prior." Yeah.. the June 1 date would not be an issue.

Could it be the Colts are not as good as you expect them to be? IMO the Colts have been over achieving since the day Luck stepped onto the field. One of the reasons the Colts are not playing as well is the other teams have studied the Colts and figured out how to play them. That's what top tier teams do like the teams the Colts lost to. It is plain as day on film that the Colts o-line is weak and the other teams know this. Even the top QBs in the league get rattled when they are being pressured and hit all the time. You mat say the Colts were not intent on winning last week but I highly doubt that. They just got beat by a team who was at home and have more talented player

Talent level on Dallas is not significantly greater as a whole than Indy. You can't tell me that in a do or die dogfight, playoff level scenario that Dallas takes Indy 42-6. Dallas may very well be a better team collectively than Indianapolis, but forget about what we saw last week. That was garbage. 

Talent level on Dallas is not significantly greater as a whole than Indy. You can't tell me that in a do or die dogfight, playoff level scenario that Dallas takes Indy 42-6. Dallas may very well be a better team collectively than Indianapolis, but forget about what we saw last week. That was garbage. 

Look at the differences just in the offensive lines. Look at Dallas's running game and the time Romo has to throw the ball. Do we even have a RB even close to Murray? I rest my opinion.

Ive got to agree although Dallas is in sinc right now , but we are not... they do have a considerably better O Line though , L.M didn't rack up 1800 yds on ground without it. :thmup:

Agree, every 1st down should be in shotgun or play action. Also, Luck needs to run more. There have been plenty of times where he could have gained big yards by running but he doesn't, he needs to work on his running from the pocket awareness like Wilson and Rodgers.

AGREED!!!!!!!

Look at the differences just in the offensive lines. Look at Dallas's running game and the time Romo has to throw the ball. Do we even have a RB even close to Murray? I rest my opinion.

They definitiely have the advantage on the offensive line. I think that 75% of the teams in the NFL however would trade their o-line for that Dallas group.

Ive got to agree although Dallas is in sinc right now , but we are not... they do have a considerably better O Line though , L.M didn't rack up 1800 yds on ground without it. :thmup:

Yes, they (Cowboys) are in full rhythm offensively. Would love to see more production out of Nicks and Moncrief. It seems every time Wayne is out or injured in some capacity, the entire offense struggles across the board.