Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans to start QB Charlie Whitehurst against Colts

TKnight24

@KBowenColts: Started vs. the @Colts back in Week 4, too RT @jwyattsports: Whisenhunt said Charlie Whitehurst the #Titans starter on Sunday vs #Colts

I'm not exactly sure this is a surprise cause aren't Locker & Mettenburger out for the season? Do they even have any other QB's?

:colts:

No one sits unless they are hurt!  This team has to get right before the playoffs. 

They're not going to get right enough against the 2-13 Titans in week 17 to justify any injuries going into a playoff game. 

If Luck forgot how to play well, they're toast anyway.

@KBowenColts: Started vs. the @Colts back in Week 4, too RT @jwyattsports: Whisenhunt said Charlie Whitehurst the #Titans starter on Sunday vs #Colts

I'm not exactly sure this is a surprise cause aren't Locker & Mettenburger out for the season? Do they even have any other QB's?

They'll have Jameis Winston next year.  Jake Locker will probably be in Cleveland to join the cavalcade of clowns.

Maybe he'll be the next Tony Romo and have a career game.

They're not going to get right enough against the 2-13 Titans in week 17 to justify any injuries going into a playoff game. 

If Luck forgot how to play well, they're toast anyway.

I agree. There's really no reason for Luck to play at all.  or TY or Reggie or Fleener or Allen. Sit a few guys on defense too.   

THIS GAME MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Kevin Bowen talked in a podcast last year how Luck in 2018 even went to coaches to complain about his work ethic. All of this happened after he said he had a big talk with coaches about wanting the ball. Reich forcing the ball to him in the Miami game trying to appease him. There is no speculation. He quit after a fall out with the coaches. That ankle could of waited until after the season.
    • It wasn't mysterious. He had issues with his ankles and was getting shots for weeks prior. The FO just figured he'd play through it, but it was known he'd need a procedure or procedures after the season. That's not speculation because Ballard talked about it.    And again, he didn't develop stone cold hands anywhere near the Pitt game. He didn't drop the ball in the Pitt game, nor 3 previous. Those are easily available stats.   I'm not spinning anything. I don't care for him as a player or person. I do not however have a problem for him taking care of his body for the next year, as his body is his primary asset and means of making money.   Fans seem to think players owe it to teams to play through injury. Some players do, some players don't. My expectations, and your expectations on the topic don't matter either. But the reality of it is, if you're a player, and under contract for the next few years, you're probably more inclined to play through injury. If you're not under contract, and especially if you don't think you're going to be resigned, you're probably inclined not to. Again, it's a business. 
    • A few thoughts:   The speed guy can't just have speed, otherwise you have Philip Dorsett.  TY could do many things, and that's what made him a threat.  He didn't go first round because of small school and probably size.  To get a TY talented guy who is bigger is going to take something higher than the low second round he was drafted, IMO.  Its possible to find one lower, but from a planning standpoint, I think you have to plan to devote a first round pick to get the same impact and mileage we got from TY.   The question is, can we get by without a TY?  That's a legitimate question.  So far, when TY has been absent, the Colts struggle, but maybe that's what the Pittman and Campbell investments are supposed to alleviate.    While the other guys were talented, we signed them only because they were not good enough to be in the long term plans of the teams they left.  I don't think Ballard wants to use that FA method for key positions on a perpetual basis, and that's what the Pittman pick is supposed to stop.  Campbell was always more of a slot or a TY clone, not an X.    IMO, Ballard has seen the need for having proper talent at the skilled positions by drafting a slot and an X with second round picks.  Thankfully, a Colts GM finally pulled those triggers, now we just need Campbell to live up to his investment.
    • Correct, it's all just speculation. Yours, mine, others. Bottom line is he quit on the team during the season with a mysteriously brand new ailment immediately after getting benched for being a * to the coaches after developing stone hands and getting very few RZ chances from JB/scheme/whatever.   You like to repeatedly spin the conversation towards your speculative opinion that he deserves a pass for that behavior because he's just a pro making a smart business decision. Meanwhile, I'll continue to point to his mercurial attitude and willingness to quit on his team during the season as the key factors that sway my speculative opinion.    For me, it's case closed.    
    • Pittman was an early second, almost 1st, as was Rock. So in reality, some decent draft capital on both WR and CB. As far as WRs go, a dominant X with speed is harder to find than a speed guy. There's a reason why Pittman and Claypool were in demand. You can get the take-the-top-off guys later. The guys that go 1st are typically the guys that are just plain good in all phases.  I wouldn't go that far saying it's built for non-stud pass catchers. Drafting guys like Pittman, Campbell, and signing Funch and Ebron don't jive with that line of thought.  Last year, having TY, Campbell, Funch, Ebron, Doyle, and Hines would be considered fantastic by most QBs had all stayed healthy. We just had some very bad luck, and also had a QB that was simply not that good. I think you're really forgetting about what Ballard "intended to have", and stuck on what happened because of injury and having a good QB retire. Autry is balling out, so don't forget about him. He's playing much better now that he's back at DE, which shouldn't surprise most. The O has to account for Buckner and both Autry and Houston. Mohammad played very well last game to, and did much better than just the run stuffer label most gave him. Not sure if that continues, but he's a decent depth guy. I've very happy though with our starting 4.  Burton is more slot than TE IMO. We don't run a lot of 2 TE sets anyway, so not a big deal. I'm good rolling with Doyle and MAC. Just need Doyle to get healthy. I'm most interested in who, besides Pascal, emerges at slot. Pascal is a "big-slot", and I want to see someone like Dulin or Hines emerge as the "traditional-slot". Don't be too surprised to see Hines line up in slot this week.    I wish we would have taken a flyer on Prince Tega Wanogho. Can't believe he dropped like he did after many were predicting early 2nd. Raw but full of potential. If he comes off the Eagles PS in a year or so and balls out I'll be highly irritated lol.    I see either LT or DE as our #1. AC has looked all that great thus far (65ish PFF), but I'm not sure we pull the trigger next year with another year on his contract. I think it'll be DE if we don't resign Houston. If we do resign him, it's a coin flip I'd guess.
  • Members

• Fluke_33

Fluke_33 1,780

• MarquisJ

MarquisJ 478

• Nesjan3

Nesjan3 1,070

• Nickster

Nickster 442

• RollerColt

RollerColt 2,465

• Clem-Dog