Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

rest the starters

grimluck72

At this point we might as well. I don't think they are going to fix all the problems against the titans.....in fact I bet we barely squeak out a win against them. This Colts team just isn't that good.....we benefited from a super weak division and anytime we faced an elite team we got our * handed to us. They are the weakest team going into the playoffs and I find it hard to get excited about that. I hope grigs and company finally bring in some quality linemen next season.

At this point we might as well. I don't think they are going to fix all the problems against the titans.....in fact I bet we barely squeak out a win against them. This Colts team just isn't that good.....we benefited from a super weak division and anytime we faced an elite team we got our * handed to us. They are the weakest team going into the playoffs and I find it hard to get excited about that. I hope grigs and company finally bring in some quality linemen next season.

Better offensive lineman are already on the team. Bring in new coaches next year

Bye Pagano

Rest them? Obviously, they need the practice.

I'm not worried about anyone getting injured. They're not winning anything anyway.

:agree:

Just don't understand this team anymore. If they're injured, sit them. If not, get their butt out there and see if we can't right this ship before we get bent over and spanked again in January

Resting the starters is stupid because they are not going anywhere in the playoffs anyway.

Funny. How has that rest worked out in the past? I was just venting about this last night to my son. I said the Pats never rest players, they never take their foot off the gas. They take scub players year in, year out , coach them up, and are at the top of the AFC. 

The Colts as an organization just dont have that killer instinct. 

I've always said, the fact that we started the game with 3 intentional runs and a fake punt pass shows that we had informally thrown the game. With our injuries on the OL, to TY, and others...makes no sense to try to win a road game, against an opponent that had everything to lose (a playoff spot) when we had nothing to lose (no chance of getting the #1-2 spot).

Funny. How has that rest worked out in the past? I was just venting about this last night to my son. I said the Pats never rest players, they never take their foot off the gas. They take scub players year in, year out , coach them up, and are at the top of the AFC.

The Colts as an organization just dont have that killer instinct.

rest/not resting is over rated. The Colts have won and lost in the playoffs doing both.

1999- played to try to get home field lost a key player and went one and done

2000- had to win to get in went one and done.

2002- played the starters wentire one and done and got shut out.

2003- had to win to win the division went to the AFC Title Game

2004- rested blew out the Broncos lost in New England

2005- rested and went one and done.

2006- played to lock up the three seed won the Super Bowl.

2007- rested went one and done.

2008- rested and went one and done

2009- rested went to the Super Bowl

2010- had to win to secure the division went one and done

2012- played and went one and done

2013- played won a playoff game and lost to New England.

rest/not resting is over rated. The Colts have won and lost in the playoffs doing both.

1999- played to try to get home field lost a key player and went one and done

2000- had to win to get in went one and done.

2002- played the starters wentire one and done and got shut out.

2003- had to win to win the division went to the AFC Title Game

2004- rested blew out the Broncos lost in New England

2005- rested and went one and done.

2006- played to lock up the three seed won the Super Bowl.

2007- rested went one and done.

2008- rested and went one and done

2009- rested went to the Super Bowl

2010- had to win to secure the division went one and done

2012- played and went one and done

2013- played won a playoff game and lost to New England.

Simply put, rest guys who are injured but would normally gut it out if the game mattered.

I'm thinking about driving up to Nashville Sunday.  How much do you think they'll pay me to take a ticket?

It's been a long time my friends.

At this point, I would rest the starters. There are too many players playing with injuries and the playoff seeding will essentially be set in stone here soon with Denver and Cincinnati playing tonight, regardless of what the Colts do. Bengals win out and they get the #3 seed either way. Pittsburgh beats the Bengals in the last regular season game and they get the #3 seed.

So in reality, the Colts might be better off settling for the #4 seed and getting rest for some players that are in bad shape (Reggie and TY).

You mean they need more rest than they had this Sunday ?