Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck is more Andy Dalton than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady

peytonmanning18

The Seahawks were 31st in the NFL last year in pass attempts and they're 32nd this year. You can't tell me that Wilson isn't a game manager, the offense doesn't run through him, it runs through Marshawn Lynch. I'm not knocking him, he is a good player, but he doesn't throw it nearly as much as the elite QBs do and as a result of it, he doesn't turn it over as much. He's had a top 5 defense and top 5 rushing attack to lean on every year since he's been in the NFL. Give that to Luck, and he would've already won a SB too.

Prolly 3.....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew has, in a way that never produces well for any QB, been under siege.

He is the most hit QB in the league since entering. Do not discount the profundity of this. Frankly, we're lucky he isn't at home playing FIFA video games with Bradshaw, kicking back while on IR. 

I'm upset too. Confirmations were made today, that we're not going to be winning a SB anytime real soon. Yeah, I'm ticked off too. There are those who deserve their blame, some who will not be welcome back in 2015. But Andrew has been getting his butt kicked since day one, and we're gonna ask him "Why so rattled?"

Get the # outta here. 

That just makes what he's done even more impressive. I did not know that fact.

No way. Wilson is a game manager with great play making ability, he is not responsible for carrying his team the way Luck, Manning, Brady, and Rodgers are.

Yes, and managing the game and making big plays are pretty key things for a QB.  I don't mean to make this a Brady vs Manning debate, and I'm not saying I would take Wilson over Luck necessarily, but it is a legitimate debate.

but right now he's better than Luck.

If you wanna take something away from the Cowboys in regard to Romo from today's game, it should be.....THIS is what a decent QB looks like when the franchise spends years relentlessly building a world-class offensive line. THIS is what it looks like when a team doesn't squander first round picks on worthless, muscle bound hulk RB's via kneejerk trades.

If you wanna take something away from the Cowboys in regard to Romo from today's game, it should be.....THIS is what a decent QB looks like when the franchise spends years relentlessly building a world-class offensive line. THIS is what it looks like when a team doesn't squander first round picks on worthless, muscle bound hulk RB's via kneejerk trades.

romo only dreams he could be as good as luck and I can only dream of how good we would be with a line like that...

Yes, and managing the game and making big plays are pretty key things for a QB.  I don't mean to make this a Brady vs Manning debate, and I'm not saying I would take Wilson over Luck necessarily, but it is a legitimate debate.

It's unfair to say that Wilson is better than Luck because of less turnovers whenever he doesn't take as many chances and doesn't carry as big of a load. Wilson has had a top 5 defense and top 5 rushing attack to lean on since entering the league so he doesn't have to make as much happen as Luck does and as a result of it, he hasn't thrown as many ints. Luck has to chunk the ball 40 times a game just to give his team a chance, Wilson's role isn't that big.

romo only dreams he could be as good as luck and I can only dream of how good we would be with a line like that...

Romo has taken a lot of criticism over the years (one of the reasons I don't begrudge the Cowboys a playoff berth), but he is having a fantastic season. Right now, I would definitely say he's better than Andrew. But of course his line is amazing and helps him, unlike ours.

Romo has taken a lot of criticism over the years (one of the reasons I don't begrudge the Cowboys a playoff berth), but he is having a fantastic season. Right now, I would definitely say he's better than Andrew. But of course his line is amazing and helps him, unlike ours.

and that does not make him better then andrew

and that does not make him better then andrew

If I believed the line was the only reason for Romo's play, I would agree. But his numbers have been great across the board for years now. Romo's biggest problem in the past was inopportune mistakes in the 4th, but he's cleaned it up (and of course Murray helps too). I'm a huge Luck fan, but I would put Romo ahead of Andrew right now. I get that you disagree though.

If I believed the line was the only reason for Romo's play, I would agree. But his numbers have been great across the board for years now. Romo's biggest problem in the past was inopportune mistakes in the 4th, but he's cleaned it up (and of course Murray helps too). I'm a huge Luck fan, but I would put Romo ahead of Andrew right now. I get that you disagree though.

yeah but you give luck that line and Murray and he wins MVP IMO

I don't agree  with the original post, Luck is not the major problem on this team.  With that being said I dont agree he is further along than the guys you mentioned..  

By three years Brady had two rings.  Rodgers also won a ring in his third year starting, of course it wasn't his third year in the league but still.  

You are right, Luck from a winning perspective is ahead of Manning.  It took Peyton until year six to win a playoff game, Luck did it in year two.

So what? That says nothing about the QBing of any of those players. And you forgot Ben Roethlisberger, who was pretty much awful in the playoffs in his second year, when the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers rode the bench for three years, so it's kind of pointless to even include him in the conversation. 

Luck has been asked to do more from Day One than pretty much any other QB in the history of the league. Maybe Peyton Manning, but Luck's first three years have been better than Manning's were, from a statistical standpoint, a game management standpoint, and a playoff success standpoint. Manning is my favorite player in NFL history, but Luck's first three years have been better.

out of curiosity when did we put a good team around him??

The same year we signed him and all those receivers and weapons to use. Wayne, Fleener, hilton, Allen, Ballard, bradshaw.

You can't count the D because it's not going to help luck in any way. He can't use them.

Luck has been sketchy but we have surrounded him with ways to score. He couldn't do anything with it today.

He has some major flaws that had been a perimeter day one that he can't seen to fix. He's not the Almighty.

The same year we signed him and all those receivers and weapons to use. Wayne, Fleener, hilton, Allen, Ballard, bradshaw.

You can't count the D because it's not going to help luck in any way. He can't use them.

Luck has been sketchy but we have surrounded him with ways to score. He couldn't do anything with it today.

He has some major flaws that had been a perimeter day one that he can't seen to fix. He's not the Almighty.

and having the most useless Oline in the league and no run game helps him tho?

If you think the Colts are that good then you need to reassess your football knowledge.

I never said that. I said we have put a good team around him. You don't count the defense. Luck can't use then. The only 'team' that he needs to be surrounded with us the offense. We have and you see how well he did with it today. It wasn't just everyone else. He was part of the problem too. Doyle was wide open numerous times, and when I say wide I mean noone in 10 yards of him. Doyle could have had a TD, was 5 yards from end zone and noone on him. But luck just loves to stare people down who are covered. He hardly utilizes his dump offs.

Luck has a much tougher job than Manning and Brady. He throws down field more often and doesn't get as much protection or help in the run game. Luck has better receivers than Brady (not really Manning though) but if Brady had to make the throws that Luck makes his turnovers would go up too. Luck leads the NFL in air-yards passing, and has lead the league in hits taken in years past. If Chip Kelly gets praised for a "quarterback friendly" system, the Colts offense is not at all one by scheme. Volume wise the Colts do love to pass and we've got pretty good weapons but the way the Colts play offense is going to put up yards and tds rather than maximize efficiency. 

and having the most useless Oline in the league and no run game helps him tho?

Are you really going to try and say is all the oline? Luck gets enough time, he just prefers to stare people down waiting for then to get open than look around. He played horrible today. That's why he was pulled.

I don't think Luck is undeserving of criticism but to be fair, Wayne is no longer a threat and Allen was a liability today. The other three didn't/couldn't play. 

So much was made of our receiving corps early in the season, but as it turns out, we could use some help in that area. I will say that Nicks has impressed me in the last two games.

I don't think Luck is undeserving of criticism but to be fair, Wayne is no longer a threat and Allen was a liability today. The other three didn't/couldn't play.

So much was made of our receiving corps early in the season, but as it turns out, we could use some help in that area. I will say that Nicks has impressed me in the last two games.

So because they played bad today you're going to discredit this entire season and the previous two? Ya ok.

It's unfair to say that Wilson is better than Luck because of less turnovers whenever he doesn't take as many chances and doesn't carry as big of a load. Wilson has had a top 5 defense and top 5 rushing attack to lean on since entering the league so he doesn't have to make as much happen as Luck does and as a result of it, he hasn't thrown as many ints. Luck has to chunk the ball 40 times a game just to give his team a chance, Wilson's role isn't that big.

Fair enough but Luck does throw more interceptions per attempt than Wilson. That said, yes Luck is forced to be much more reckless.

The fact of the matter is like Luck,  Wilson does a great job of leading his offence despite a suspect O line. You can focus on what Luck does better than Wilson or visa versa, but the idea that Luck is better no matter what, is a bit of a homer argument.

Do all NFL fans over react as bad as Colt fans?

No. This is downright embarrassing. I'm ashamed of the message board right now.

We have a lot of terrible fans.

Our fan base is full of spoiled babies.

I really hope a Bills or Browns fan doesn't poke their head in, it'll probably explode.

I never said that. I said we have put a good team around him. You don't count the defense. Luck can't use then. The only 'team' that he needs to be surrounded with us the offense. We have and you see how well he did with it today. It wasn't just everyone else. He was part of the problem too. Doyle was wide open numerous times, and when I say wide I mean noone in 10 yards of him. Doyle could have had a TD, was 5 yards from end zone and noone on him. But luck just loves to stare people down who are covered. He hardly utilizes his dump offs.

Well since the Colts quarterback sucks in your opinion maybe you should reconsider another team to root for. I say that because Luck is going to be a Colt for quite a few more years and I wouldn't want you to be heart broken every year. It's for your own good. :hat:

So because they played bad today you're going to discredit this entire season and the previous two? Ya ok.

Of course I'm not discrediting this season or the previous seasons. You argued that Luck had a terrible performance today and I was simply saying that other factors deserved to be mentioned as well (Allen, Hilton's injury, the line, the penalties etc). The offense has been great for a majority of the season, but Reggie hasn't been the same since his elbow injury and Hakeem hadn't shown us anything until this month. Those are facts. 

You're exagerating a bit.....Wayne is great but has been hurt a lot and showing signs of aging. Fleener Struggles with drops and frequently gets manhandled, hiltons a stud but gets doubled frequently, and where was he tonight, oh yeah hurt, Allen hurt all last season and now struggling with drops, Ballard continuously hurt last two seasons, Bradshaw, didn't start until Andrews second year and again , hurt all the time. So yes Luck is not perfect, but neither are these "weapons" you mentioned.

Fair enough but Luck does throw more interceptions per attempt than Wilson. That said, yes Luck is forced to be much more reckless.

The fact of the matter is like Luck,  Wilson does a great job of leading his offence despite a suspect O line. You can focus on what Luck does better than Wilson or visa versa, but the idea that Luck is better no matter what, is a bit of a homer argument.

Luck throws it downfield more, and as a result of it, the Colts offense leads the league with the most plays of 20 yards or more.

Of course I'm not discrediting this season or the previous seasons. You argued that Luck had a terrible performance today and I was simply saying that other factors deserved to be mentioned as well (Allen, Hilton's injury, the line, the penalties etc). The offense has been great for a majority of the season, but Reggie hasn't been the same since his elbow injury and Hakeem hadn't shown us anything until this month. Those are facts.

No what you quoted me on was in response to someone saying we haven't put a good team around him.

No. This is downright embarrassing. I'm ashamed of the message board right now.

We have a lot of terrible fans.

Our fan base is full of spoiled babies.

I really hope a Bills or Browns fan doesn't poke their head in, it'll probably explode.

I really understand the frustration that many feel but come on man. It's football. The Colts are in good shape as far on how far along we are in the rebuild mode. We all would like to see them play better. The team is still a draft away and maybe a couple of good free agents away from being in the same class as a few other top teams. But we are not that far away either.

No what you quoted me on was in response to someone saying we haven't put a good team around him.

I don't want to argue semantics, but that's not all you said in that post. You specifically said that Luck was unable to do anything today with the weapons we put around him. I simply mentioned that said weapons had their flaws as well, that's all.