Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How good are the colts?

MarquisJ

And please, I'm asking nicely :D , can we stop with the IF the Colts were in another division we wouldn't blah blah blah! We are NOT in another division so that's that, it is what it is. What about the Falcons division? Sorry just read it about 15 times today.....Chest hairs gone now. :)  Proceed on :thmsup:

There is one quick fix for the running game...a super good running back (or 2) can make up for a lot of deficiencies.

It forces the opposing defenses to defend the run and allows the rest of the O to function.

I would draft 1 or 2 RBs as high as possible (RBs have year 1 impact)...and let the D picks come later.

The Colts are not as bad of a team as they were today. I had a feeling we was do for a beat down. Can't deny the fact that they just haven't played very good the past couple weeks. The O is very slow getting going (Pep/OL, drives me crazy) D plays good to great vs decent O's but struggles mightily vs the great/elite ones. Hopefully we can get back to playing some good 3 phase football before the playoffs. Love PMac but even he has had a couple bad games lately. I couldn't disagree more with the starting OL unit our coaches are putting out there but I'm just armchair :rock: Start 1st possession with 3 runs, heck yea, down 7...cherry on top please :thmup: .....Don't get me wrong I'm all for establishing the run but c'mon man! Having said all of the that I still have faith that maybe somehow Andrew can still will us to a victory or two. :blueshoe::blueshoe::blueshoe::goodluck:

"Due for a beat down"

NE, Pit, now DAL

How many beat downs you have us down for?

The Ravens also had the balls to make a coaching change midiseason that year.

All they did was fire Cameron and promote Caldwell, Its not like they went outside the organization or changed a lot offensively that year, Flacco happened to have the best four game stretch of his career at the perfect time

I'm not going to overreact. Lets focus on getting a convincing win against the Titans, picking up momentum, and seeing what happens against the Chargers or one of the AFC North teams in the playoffs.

Just outta curiosity, what would constitute a convincing win over a dumpster-fire team like the Titans?  

I didn't say they haven't been beat down. I said they was due. The last one was 6 weeks ago & they just won 4 in a row.

By the skin of their teeth on the last two.  Let's not forget, they allowed COLT MCCOY to throw THREE TDs against them when they beat the Redskins.

Just outta curiosity, what would constitute a convincing win over a dumpster-fire team like the Titans?  

By the skin of their teeth on the last two.  Let's not forget, they allowed COLT MCCOY to throw THREE TDs against them when they beat the Redskins.

I agree ColtsRule, why I said in my original post that they haven't been playing good in some time now.

We are a very young team, not many third year QB's even make the playoffs three years in a row so I think we are on the right track.  I think we are a year to two years away.  I think we lose the wild card game or to the Pats in the divisional round(of course I hope I am wrong). We need to draft offensive linemen and pass rushers imo.  With a solid line and pass rush this team will be extremely dangerous.

Unless our defense starts playing more consistent and our pass rush appears, we will have no chance in the playoffs even at home.

We need to go back and play our best players on our OL.

Reggie needs a reduced role and more reps for Nicks. (Shocking I know)

Pep needs to grow up and use his Stanford brain.  Every offense play seems like a struggle, While Andy Dalton makes big gains from easy passes.

Yeah Cincy is giving Denver a real battle right now. They won't be an easy out for the Colts. Steelers just own us. Smh

I was so hopeful cause the old Steelers like Polomalu and everyone who was there when Peyton was here in Indy are gone or old. Yet we still got spanked like old times smh, actually worse

Unless our defense starts playing more consistent and our pass rush appears, we will have no chance in the playoffs even at home.

We need to go back and play our best players on our OL.

Reggie needs a reduced role and more reps for Nicks. (Shocking I know)

Pep needs to grow up and use his Stanford brain. Every offense play seems like a struggle, While Andy Dalton makes big gains from easy passes.

Reggie needs to retire after this season. He's done

1 & Done good

Been saying it for the whole season, this team is being lead by the wrong people. Expect the same in January. Nothing more than an above average team (barely) in a sorry division

Texans will be division champs next year

Coaches don't change anything so oh well. We'll continue to lose

But can't speak the truth on this forum cause people call you a closet :flyingelvis: fan but hey, truth hurts

It's almost like you take pleasure from being negative....

How good are the colts?

Outside the QB and a few skilled players, they're a 3-13 team

This team has one chance in the playoffs - to let Luck rip it and play up-tempo, aggressively as they can for four quarters.  What do you have to lose?  If Pep and Chuck are dumb enough to try to slug it out with the Bengals, they will lose.  If they are dumb enough to attempt it in New England, they will lose by 4 TDs again.  You have one prayer in these playoff games, and that's to jump out to a lead.  If the opposition gets a lead, with our defense, it's over.  It just snowballs from there.  This defense only ever plays well with a lead. 

Take out the AFCS games and the Colts are 5-5. An average team that benefits from the (second) worst division in the NFL.

This . . . Put us in a average division and we're a 8 - 8 team.  

Last year 2 of the 4 teams in our division picked in the top 5.  This year looks like it's going to be the same, 2 of the teams in our division will be picking in the top 5.

It's nice to have a weak division cause it leads to us getting to the playoffs easily and having a great record.  On the other hand I'm starting to believe that the fact that we are year in and out an 11 win team means certain fundamental flaws in the team arn't noticed as much and may not be addressed.

I'd have to go back and double check my numbers, but it goes like this.  Against Peyton, Roethlisburger, Brady, and Romo we've given up 15 TD passes, and against all of the rest of our other opponents  (11)  we've given up 10.  Amazing.  So we're better than average, but clearly a rung or two down from the true top teams of the league.

It's very odd, this team, especially the defense seems to play very well against poor to average offenses, but against the top teams they get torn to shreds.  I have never really seen anything like it.  This is the NFL and there really isn't that much of a difference between top teams and average teams, at least not since the salary cap.  Somehow it seems like we are a AA team playing a major league team against top sides.  Then when we play the bottom and average teams it's reversed.  

There is one quick fix for the running game...a super good running back (or 2) can make up for a lot of deficiencies.

It forces the opposing defenses to defend the run and allows the rest of the O to function.

I would draft 1 or 2 RBs as high as possible (RBs have year 1 impact)...and let the D picks come later.

every running back in this leauge is very good, thats why they made the teamand  are on the  rooster.All they need is someplace TO run and there off.

Bottomline we will be 11-5, so we aren't bad. We beat the bad teams, and usually play well against average teams. We just can't compete with the good teams, yet. We are 2 Offensive linemen away from being a solid balanced offense. (Luck makes up for a lot of O-line deficiencies, like Peyton did). We do have the talent positions covered on offense, however. We could use another RB to go with Herron (and honestly, TR's just a waste of touches). On Defense, we need pass rushers, and run stoppers (basically a lot). Our DBs are solid at CB, but safeties are vulnerable. This adds up to about 7 players away from being top notch. You can get 1-2 of these in the draft and 2 from free agency in one year. So I'll say we will be better next year, but 2 years away from being where we want to be---which is advancing further than one win in the playoffs and truly challenging for the SB.

Looking at the Colts the most impressive win might be the Bengals and that's without A.J Green playing; or maybe the win vs the Ravens but that's also not saying much.... Colts o line play is below mediocre, running backs below mediocre, defense mediocre at most-moments of greatness against terrible teams. I look at the colts and all I see is potential but shy away against any team that is above average... We will struggle in the playoffs and a lot of changes need to happen this upcoming offseason if we want anyone to take us seriously.

I agree with this post 100% !!

every running back in this leauge is very good, thats why they made the teamand  are on the  rooster.All they need is someplace TO run and there off.

We need to address the defense ASAP. The lack of defense has been the Colts weak link even in the Manning days. Other teams can't win if you keep them from scoring or at least keep them out of the endzone. We certainly have the talent. We need to look for a new D-Coordinator.

I'm not going to overreact. Lets focus on getting a convincing win against the Titans, picking up momentum, and seeing what happens against the Chargers or one of the AFC North teams in the playoffs.

Speaking of the Titans game, do we REALLY need to play Luck, T.Y., Wayne etc?  I think we should play 2nd string on offense. It would be nice to win the game but we don't NEED to win this game.  

Speaking of the Titans game, do we REALLY need to play Luck, T.Y., Wayne etc? I think we should play 2nd string on offense. It would be nice to win the game but we don't NEED to win this game.

Well most people feel that the offense needs to play with how bad they have looked recently. I'd sit Wayne but that's it.