Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How good are the colts?

MarquisJ

Looking at the Colts the most impressive win might be the Bengals and that's without A.J Green playing; or maybe the win vs the Ravens but that's also not saying much.... Colts o line play is below mediocre, running backs below mediocre, defense mediocre at most-moments of greatness against terrible teams. I look at the colts and all I see is potential but shy away against any team that is above average... We will struggle in the playoffs and a lot of changes need to happen this upcoming offseason if we want anyone to take us seriously.

1 & Done good

Been saying it for the whole season, this team is being lead by the wrong people. Expect the same in January. Nothing more than an above average team (barely) in a sorry division

Texans will be division champs next year

Coaches don't change anything so oh well. We'll continue to lose

But can't speak the truth on this forum cause people call you a closet :flyingelvis: fan but hey, truth hurts

1 & Done good

Been saying it for the whole season, this team is being lead by the wrong people. Expect the same in January. Nothing more than an above average team (barely) in a sorry division

Texans will be division champs next year

Coaches don't change anything so oh well. We'll continue to lose

But can't speak the truth on this forum cause people call you a closet :flyingelvis: fan but hey, truth hurts

You're right.  They don't change anything.  D still looks confused, O can't block.  Same old each year.  They'll pick up an O lineman or two in the draft, sign a couple of FA third stringers and tell everyone they've improved.

I think the Colts are a lot better team than was on display today.

This game was not a "must win" game and it showed in the Colts performance and the way the coaches managed personnel.  They were mentally not in the game, they were looking ahead to the playoffs.

I think next weeks game will be similar to today but maybe with more backups getting game time.

At this point we're in the playoffs and with Luck at the helm then anything is possible.

I fear one and done. But people said that about the Ravens in 2012 against the AFC's favorites Broncos and Patriots. What happened? Ravens won Super Bowl XLVII.

Did that Ravens team ever rush for 1 freakin yard?  We have no one behind the wheel, the ship has hit the iceberg and is going down.  (that about sums it up, I think)

One and done.  We are not worthy of being in the playoffs, let alone winning a game in it.

I fear one and done. But people said that about the Ravens in 2012 against the AFC's favorites Broncos and Patriots. What happened? Ravens won Super Bowl XLVII.

That is definitely not going to be us. lol. At least they had a running game. We are beneath even them right now.

I made a post around mid season after one of their bad games (although nothing compares to today's game) and said something about the Colts needing to tear down just about everything and pretty much start from scratch, and a lot of people got on my case about it.  Guess I wasn't so off base, was I?  I have been watching football for over 50 years now and have to say that today's Colts was one of the worst, if not THE WORST, overall performance I have ever seen by a "professional" football team.  Really bad.  

I think the Colts are a lot better team than was on display today.

This game was not a "must win" game and it showed in the Colts performance and the way the coaches managed personnel. They were mentally not in the game, they were looking ahead to the playoffs.

I think next weeks game will be similar to today but maybe with more backups getting game time.

At this point we're in the playoffs and with Luck at the helm then anything is possible.

Whatever makes you feel better. Pagano needs to go. Pep needs to go too

1 & Done

We're not a team to be reckoned with in the playoffs. Grigson and co. have failed miserably. Our defense in incapable of stopping anyone, and our offense is one-dimensional and thus easy to shut down by quality teams i.e. playoff teams. Offense has been feasting on pathetic teams in the AFCS and other teams with bad QB play.

Denver, Pittsburgh, New England and now Dallas all have top QBs, and we quite simply don't have enough quality players on defense to stop those teams. We will never make it to the Super Bowl unless we get quality players on defense AND get a proper running back.

If the Chargers come to Indy, we're gonna get wrecked at home. It's going to be like that game in SD last season. 

I'd have to go back and double check my numbers, but it goes like this.  Against Peyton, Roethlisburger, Brady, and Romo we've given up 15 TD passes, and against all of the rest of our other opponents  (11)  we've given up 10.  Amazing.  So we're better than average, but clearly a rung or two down from the true top teams of the league.

This team is only good because it plays in the AFC South. It relies too much on Luck to win, he has to play great everytime for us to keep the game close against elite teams. When he plays average the games aren't close. It's not just a coaching problem but it's also about the lack of talent in the trenches. There's no way this team can beat the Chargers in the playoffs with Pagano as the coach. 

I don't know

I've been confused by what I've seen this season

Honestly looking from the outside I didn't think the colts had it from the start of the season. Still lacking too many pieces.

I was and am surprised at the record and Luck really had a lot to do with that despite the INTs.

People expected more than what was there to begin with.

Middle of the pack.. wouldnt be in playoffs of we had a competitive division

The Colts are not as bad of a team as they were today. I had a feeling we was do for a beat down. Can't deny the fact that they just haven't played very good the past couple weeks. The O is very slow getting going (Pep/OL, drives me crazy) D plays good to great vs decent O's but struggles mightily vs the great/elite ones. Hopefully we can get back to playing some good 3 phase football before the playoffs. Love PMac but even he has had a couple bad games lately. I couldn't disagree more with the starting OL unit our coaches are putting out there but I'm just armchair :rock: Start 1st possession with 3 runs, heck yea, down 7...cherry on top please :thmup: .....Don't get me wrong I'm all for establishing the run but c'mon man! Having said all of the that I still have faith that maybe somehow Andrew can still will us to a victory or two.  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :goodluck: