Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Is Your Bounty For Luck?

For me this first round is all about Luck or RG3

I expect Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan to be talking with Colts mgmt about a trade up all the way until draft time. Hopefully we will be at pick number 3 (we are currently at 4, we play the Vikings and they need 1 more win to fall below us besides beating us)

I figured our season would be a disaster but never expected the Colts of all teams to go 0-16 and the Rams to be so terrible.

But for me its Luck or RG3. If the price for Luck is too high and we are at 3, we can just stand pat and take RG3.

The question really is this

Is Andrew Luck worth more then RG3+keeping picks

Well then what do you see the Skins giving up to get Luck? Total trade package...?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me this first round is all about Luck or RG3

I expect Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan to be talking with Colts mgmt about a trade up all the way until draft time. Hopefully we will be at pick number 3 (we are currently at 4, we play the Vikings and they need 1 more win to fall below us besides beating us)

I figured our season would be a disaster but never expected the Colts of all teams to go 0-16 and the Rams to be so terrible.

But for me its Luck or RG3. If the price for Luck is too high and we are at 3, we can just stand pat and take RG3.

The question really is this

Is Andrew Luck worth more then RG3+keeping picks

Well....if you want RG3 you got a little help last night because USC LT Matt Kalil apparently changed his mind and will enter the draft....so talent-wise, he immediately jumps into the 2nd overall slot and either the Rams or Minnesota will take him at #2, IMO.

Some may think the 3rd overall pick is too high for RG3 but i don't doubt for a minute some team could grab him there. It looks like that spot will be the Rams or Vikings though...and whichever one loses out on Kalil are in a pretty nice trade-down situation if RG3 rises that high on a couple other team's boards.

You guys might have to trade up a spot to get him even if you're at the 4th pick. If Barkley comes out too....you might be in good shape for RG3.

Obviously, the #1 spot will cost more so the answer to your question lingers in the minds of Allen and Shanahan....assuming Snyder doesn't insert himself, and at the QB position you never know.

What about to Cleveland for QB Colt McCoy (Who I was hoping the Colts would get in the 3rd round of the 2010 draft), DT Phil Taylor, Cleveland's 1st choice this year ... and depending on how Luck does with the Browns, either their 1st or 2nd rounder next year.

I don't know, obviously, whether such a bounty could be had from the Browns, but if it could, I would make that trade.

Well then what do you see the Skins giving up to get Luck? Total trade package...?

Eli trade if we are at the 4th spot. 2012 1st and 3rd, 2013 1st and 6th. No players involved.

This price is impacted by a) Manning's health and b) the depth of the QB class and c) the final draft slot Miami/Cleveland and even Atlanta are in. If Cleveland ends up in the bottom part of the top 10, obviously you want more compensation to move up to number 1

With it looking like that a) Manning will be healthy and b) RG3 and Matt Barkley in the class, I don't see any reason to sell the farm for Andrew Luck

Well....if you want RG3 you got a little help last night because USC LT Matt Kalil apparently changed his mind and will enter the draft....so talent-wise, he immediately jumps into the 2nd overall slot and either the Rams or Minnesota will take him at #2, IMO.

Some may think the 3rd overall pick is too high for RG3 but i don't doubt for a minute some team could grab him there. It looks like that spot will be the Rams or Vikings though...and whichever one loses out on Kalil are in a pretty nice trade-down situation if RG3 rises that high on a couple other team's boards.

You guys might have to trade up a spot to get him even if you're at the 4th pick. If Barkley comes out too....you might be in good shape for RG3.

Obviously, the #1 spot will cost more so the answer to your question lingers in the minds of Allen and Shanahan....assuming Snyder doesn't insert himself, and at the QB position you never know.

It will be prudent in my opinion to move up into the 2 spot at least, just to ensure we get the QB we want after Luck

Angerer has 120 Tackles this season, was a second round draft pick, with Te'o going back to school, it could be realistic that the Titans would have interest in Angerer after they lost Tulloch, therefore I was saying Angerer "The second rounder" could possibly bring the Titans first round pick. Eagles are decimated at the linebacker position, they also could use their first pick elsewhere, probably offensive or defensive line and give up their second round pick, for two linebackers that play in a similar system.. its really not that farfetched. Angerer is not the Mike linebacker the Colts need going forward, and hes average on the outside, Conner is back-up material on most other NFL teams, but you want these guys starting? The whole defense needs an overhaul!

While I think you are underselling both guys, that is fine. My point is that if you are right, then these other teams, even with their needs are not ging to give up draft picks of the that value.

You are putting a lot of weight on the imprortance of the linebacker positiion, in my opinion. The new DC may see that as necasary. depending on the system, but I would be surprised if that was the case.

That might be true, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of these scenarios are far too unrealistic to happen.. That's all.

Much More Realistic:

Trade the Number One overall pick to Cleveland for their two first (4&25), their second (37), and fourth round picks this year, and their first round pick next year. Trade the number four overall pick to Washington for their first and second round picks.

Round One (7)- Trent Richardson RB

Round One (25)- Donta Hightower MLB

Round Two (33)- Dontari Poe NT

Round Two (37)- Kelechi Osemele G

Round Two (40)- Kevin Reddick OLB

Round Three (65)- Cam Johnson DE

Round Three- Kevin Zeitler G

Round Four- Tommy Streeter WR

Round Four- Leonard Johnson CB

Round Five- Case Keenum QB

Round Six- Matt Daniels SS

Round Seven- Star Loutelei DT

Lineup:

QB: Manning, Keenum RB: Richardson, Addai (Restructured third down back), Carter

WR: Wayne, Garcon, Streeter, Collie, Gonzo TE: Clarke (Restructured), Tamme

O-line: Ijalana, Zeitler, Saturday, Osemele, Castonzo

D-line: Freeney, Poe, Nevis, Mathis (Cam Johnson, Loutelei, Mookie, Addison)

LB: Angerer, Hightower, Reddick (Wheeler, Conner)

CB: Powers, Johnson, Rucker, Thomas

SS: Daniels, Bullitt

FS: Bethea, Lefeged

While I think you are underselling both guys, that is fine. My point is that if you are right, then these other teams, even with their needs are not ging to give up draft picks of the that value.

You are putting a lot of weight on the imprortance of the linebacker positiion, in my opinion. The new DC may see that as necasary. depending on the system, but I would be surprised if that was the case.

Linebacker is such a crucial position on any defense! All the great defenses in the NFL have great linebacking groups, Steelers, Ravens, 49ers, Bengals, Packers, Jets, Houston, these are the top defenses in the league, all of whom have great linebackers, interestingly enough the Bengals are a 4-3 team, just like the Colts. In my opinion the front seven is very important on any defense. The Colts only need a true nose tackle, and two more linebackers (Middle and Outside) and Angerer could play Will, and the defense would get pressure and stop the run! Making the secondary look better than it is!

But...You the Colts still need one corner and a better starting SS.. I think there is value later in the draft with guys like Leonard Johnson CB and Matt Daniels SS, where in the first few rounds I would continue to address the trenches on both sides of the ball, and throw in some linebackers.

Much More Realistic:

Trade the Number One overall pick to Cleveland for their two first (4&25), their second (37), and fourth round picks this year, and their first round pick next year. Trade the number four overall pick to Washington for their first and second round picks.

Round One (7)- Trent Richardson RB

Round One (25)- Donta Hightower MLB

Round Two (33)- Dontari Poe NT

Round Two (37)- Kelechi Osemele G

Round Two (40)- Kevin Reddick OLB

Round Three (65)- Cam Johnson DE

Round Three- Kevin Zeitler G

Round Four- Tommy Streeter WR

Round Four- Leonard Johnson CB

Round Five- Case Keenum QB

Round Seven- Star Loutelei DT

Lineup:

QB: Manning, Keenum RB: Richardson, Addai (Restructured third down back), Carter

WR: Wayne, Garcon, Streeter, Collie, Gonzo TE: Clarke (Restructured), Tamme

O-line: Ijalana, Zeitler, Saturday, Osemele, Castonzo

D-line: Freeney, Poe, Nevis, Mathis (Cam Johnson, Loutelei, Mookie, Addison)

LB: Angerer, Hightower, Reddick (Wheeler, Conner)

CB: Powers, Johnson, Rucker, Thomas

Conceptually it's far more accurate with the Cleveland trade. I like the idea of multiple trades and acquiring picks. I'm not sold on taking a 1st round running back. Richardson is a great talent, but it is hard for a RB to merit such a high pick, or a contract like Forte is seeking from Chicago, or the one CJ got out of Tennessee. I don't think they are worth it. Where do you see the DE from UNC going Top 5? top 10? How about Blackmon? I could see us spending a top pick on a WR before RB but you never know with Polian. I'm guessing you have the OT from USC going top5?

Conceptually it's far more accurate with the Cleveland trade. I like the idea of multiple trades and acquiring picks. I'm not sold on taking a 1st round running back. Richardson is a great talent, but it is hard for a RB to merit such a high pick, or a contract like Forte is seeking from Chicago, or the one CJ got out of Tennessee. I don't think they are worth it. Where do you see the DE from UNC going Top 5? top 10? How about Blackmon? I could see us spending a top pick on a WR before RB but you never know with Polian. I'm guessing you have the OT from USC going top5?

Yes at pick four from the inital trade down I have the draft looking like, Cleveland-Luck, Rams-Blackmon, Minnesota-Kalil, I still cant justify taking Claiborne number four overall, I thought Washington would want a QB, so they would trade with Indy. At pick seven, anyone but Richardson I think is a reach, since their will be value at other positions later in the draft (Like G, CB, DT, DE). I can see Coples going top 15... I would rather keep the offense mostly the same and re-vamp the defensive unit, so if the Colts restructured Freeney, Clarke, and Addai to be third down back like I want, you can possibly sign Wayne cheap for Mannings SuperBowl run. I would try to trade Mathis, (franchise tag and trade) or if he goes in free agency, bring in a Melvin Ingram do it all type DE! He could probably be selected in the second round.. See that's why my posts look crazy cause I would overhaul the defense, new DE, NT, two new LB's, CB, SS, that involves lots of trading assets the Colts currently have and moving down in the draft.

Yes at pick four from the inital trade down I have the draft looking like, Cleveland-Luck, Rams-Blackmon, Minnesota-Kalil, I still cant justify taking Claiborne number four overall, I thought Washington would want a QB, so they would trade with Indy. At pick seven, anyone but Richardson I think is a reach, since their will be value at other positions later in the draft (Like G, CB, DT, DE). I can see Coples going top 15... I would rather keep the offense mostly the same and re-vamp the defensive unit, so if the Colts restructured Freeney, Clarke, and Addai to be third down back like I want, you can possibly sign Wayne cheap for Mannings SuperBowl run. I would try to trade Mathis, (franchise tag and trade) or if he goes in free agency, bring in a Melvin Ingram do it all type DE! He could probably be selected in the second round.. See that's why my posts look crazy cause I would overhaul the defense, new DE, NT, two new LB's, CB, SS, that involves lots of trading assets the Colts currently have and moving down in the draft.

I'm in favor of retooling the offense and the defense. Even with Manning returning, I would like to see more of a WCO approach so that if he were to miss time in the future QB2 would actually have half a chance to succeed as opposed to what we have seen this year. If he returns, I highly doubt the offense changes much if at all.

I might even explore a trade at 7 instead of Richarson, even though it's not very likely. I do know Polian moved down quite a bit in his first draft with the Panthers, and was able to get more picks, but when you look back it might not have been worth it. I'd rather have Coples at 10-15 and an extra pick later than Richardson at 7.

I'm not sure how cheap Wayne will come, and I'm not sure if he's worth what he might want.

Those of us who want the Luck pick traded (me included) have been saying “Luck would bring a big bounty!” Well I am curious outside of draft picks, since we all expect at least two first round picks and a handful of others, what players would the teams who may need a quarterback have to give up to get Luck? These should be impact players who could help the Colts win several championships in Manning’s final run! So I want to know.. What is your Bounty for Luck?

Teams in need of a QB:

Miami: Need their next Marino- Paul Soliai NT, CB Vonte Davis

Washington: Need franchise QB- Larron Landry SS, Kerrigan / Orakpo OLB/DE

Seattle: Jackson and Whitehurst are back-ups- Earl Thomas SS, Clemons DE

Cleveland: McCoy not the answer- Ward SS, Haden CB, Taylor DT, Thomas LT

Kansas City: Cassel is trade bait- Berry SS, Flowers CB, Charles RB

Denver: Elway wants Elway 2.0- Von Miller OLB, Dawkins SS, Bailey CB

Tampa Bay: Freeman has dropped off- Talib CB, Price / McCoy DT, Freeman QB

New York Jets: Sanchize wrong for this franchise- Scott LB, Fergeuson LT, Revis CB

San Francisco: Reuniting the duo- Willis LB, Whitner SS, Smith DT, Aldon Smith DE, Bowman LB

Kansas City, Tampa, and San Fran have a lot of value on their team that I would be very interested in entertaining offers involving any of these players from the three teams not to mention draft picks! Kansas City has two young great secondary pieces, Tampa has a young shut-down corner and good young DT’s, San Francisco has help all over the place, a hard hitting SS I wanted the Colts to pursue in free agency, two young physical talented linebackers (Bowman could play Will or Sam), Justin Smith could play DT next to Nevis. I like San Fran the most, getting one of those two linebackers and Justin Smith or Whitner and draft picks (1st, 2nd, this year and 1st next year) would bring the veteran players in to make an impact while still having draft picks to address the team! Thoughts?

You dont want the players...they would trade

You want draft choices....I want two No.1s and a No. 2.....leaving the Colts with four of the top 60 picks...

..and I want the team's No.1 for next year as well..

..becausea team with a rookie QB will lose more than they win..

You dont want the players...they would trade

You want draft choices....I want two No.1s and a No. 2.....leaving the Colts with four of the top 60 picks...

..and I want the team's No.1 for next year as well..

..becausea team with a rookie QB will lose more than they win..

Agreed my man, which is why I wrote this on that very post- outside of draft picks, since we all expect at least two first round picks and a handful of others, what players would the teams who may need a quarterback have to give up to get Luck? These should be impact players who could help the Colts win several championships in Manning’s final run!

I'm in favor of retooling the offense and the defense. Even with Manning returning, I would like to see more of a WCO approach so that if he were to miss time in the future QB2 would actually have half a chance to succeed as opposed to what we have seen this year. If he returns, I highly doubt the offense changes much if at all.

I might even explore a trade at 7 instead of Richarson, even though it's not very likely. I do know Polian moved down quite a bit in his first draft with the Panthers, and was able to get more picks, but when you look back it might not have been worth it. I'd rather have Coples at 10-15 and an extra pick later than Richardson at 7.

I'm not sure how cheap Wayne will come, and I'm not sure if he's worth what he might want.

I would be all for another trade down, getting lots of value picks between rounds 2 and 3! Which is why I suggested things like, franchise tagging Mathis and trading him, or even trading Freeney for a first rounder! Possibly shopping Clarke, and maybe Brackett and Conner together to a team in a 4-3... I would like to have Monte Ball in the second/third round if not Richardson, and I think I would prefer Ingram over Coples...

The thing is, barring an unforseen win, the Redskins will have pick number 4 at the lowest. We win all the tie breakers with the current 4 win teams.

If the Vikings beat us (very possible considering our o-line currently) and the Bears in week 17, we will have the number 3 overall pick

Beating the Giants was your unforseen win... Probably the Vikings and Bears will be wins for you guys as well...

Agreed my man, which is why I wrote this on that very post- outside of draft picks, since we all expect at least two first round picks and a handful of others, what players would the teams who may need a quarterback have to give up to get Luck? These should be impact players who could help the Colts win several championships in Manning’s final run!

Polian is not trading the pick.

http://profootballzo...k-in-the-draft/

http://profootballta...rst-round-pick/

Just in case people didn't see it in another thread. This is a direct quote from Polian

I think we need an infusion of talent at every position but offensive tackle. Young talent in Castonzo and Ijalana.

http://www.coltzilla...cember-19-2011/

So no more nonsense of drafting Kalil.

I've been saying it for a while now, but Polian and Irsay both have been dropping hints for a while that they have every intention of drafting Luck if they have the 1st pick. It is obvious and plain as day.

Polian is not trading the pick.

http://profootballzo...k-in-the-draft/

http://profootballta...rst-round-pick/

Just in case people didn't see it in another thread. This is a direct quote from Polian

http://www.coltzilla...cember-19-2011/

So no more nonsense of drafting Kalil.

I've been saying it for a while now, but Polian and Irsay both have been dropping hints for a while that they have every intention of drafting Luck if they have the 1st pick. It is obvious and plain as day.

That's well and fine, but things happen and change, and its a long time until April anyway.. What if Irsay got rid of Polian and his ^fool^ic statement and logic thinking self before the draft? I bet a more refined and modern thinking GM would consider all possibilities... If Peyton is healthy, it does not help the team to take Luck to sit for four years! So his statement from the article (Thanks for posting btw I didn't read that until just now when u sent it) was *ic, that having first round picks over several years is a bad thing? That veteran players wouldn't be able to fit under the salary cap, well if the Colts didn't drastically overpay their own they wouldn't be in this dilema...If several players were to restructure, and much of the dead weight players cut, their would be foreseeable room to add one to three impact veteran players! Think of Kerry Collins gone, maybe Manning restructuring, Freeney and Clarke no doubt restructuring... there could potentially be room. I am not a cap expert, but I think maybe there could be room for one or two veterans, and multiple high draft picks!

That's well and fine, but things happen and change, and its a long time until April anyway.. What if Irsay got rid of Polian and his ^fool^ic statement and logic thinking self before the draft? I bet a more refined and modern thinking GM would consider all possibilities... If Peyton is healthy, it does not help the team to take Luck to sit for four years! So his statement from the article (Thanks for posting btw I didn't read that until just now when u sent it) was *ic, that having first round picks over several years is a bad thing? That veteran players wouldn't be able to fit under the salary cap, well if the Colts didn't drastically overpay their own they wouldn't be in this dilema...If several players were to restructure, and much of the dead weight players cut, their would be foreseeable room to add one to three impact veteran players! Think of Kerry Collins gone, maybe Manning restructuring, Freeney and Clarke no doubt restructuring... there could potentially be room. I am not a cap expert, but I think maybe there could be room for one or two veterans, and multiple high draft picks!

I said in another thread that everything could indeed change if Irsay wises up and cans the Polians. I would like to see Luck in a Colts uniform, but if Irsay cleaned house and brought in a different GM then it is entirely possible they could go in a different direction, but I find it highly unlikely Irsay will fire Bill or Chris.

I said in another thread that everything could indeed change if Irsay wises up and cans the Polians. I would like to see Luck in a Colts uniform, but if Irsay cleaned house and brought in a different GM then it is entirely possible they could go in a different direction, but I find it highly unlikely Irsay will fire Bill or Chris.

Man you know people are just searching for ways to hope we trade the pick. The only person that could get shown the door after this season is Caldwell. The Polians will in all likelyhood stay and therefore take Luck on the notion of that interview you posted.

Man you know people are just searching for ways to hope we trade the pick. The only person that could get shown the door after this season is Caldwell. The Polians will in all likelyhood stay and therefore take Luck on the notion of that interview you posted.

I think Manning will be gone in that case, how can this team compete with all the holes, and the number one pick on the bench 4 years?

I have the gut feeling that Polian has made his decision and that is Andrew Luck and that Manning's option bonus will not be picked up and he will be released.

Funny I just did this mock I thought you specifically would like!

Trade the #1 Pick with Miami for their first, second, and fourth round picks this year and their first next year.

Players: CB Vonte Davis= 1,787,500 (Cap number2012) 2,068,750 (Cap number 2013)

That is his rookie contract over the next two seasons, despite Polian’s recent statements about not being able to afford any impact player in the trade, obviously this wouldn’t cripple the cap!

This has no free agents, letting Mathis walk and only retaining our own, very realistic!

Round One (10)- Quinton Coples DE

Round Two (33)- Brandon Thompson NT (Would prefer Poe but Thompson could still be around here)

Round Two (43)- Kelechi Osemele G

Round Three (65)- Dwight Jones WR

Round Four- Nigel Bradham OLB

Round Four (Mia)- Leonard Johnson CB

Round Five- Ryan Broyles WR

Round Seven- Case Keenum QB

Manning, Keenum: Addai, Brown, Carter: Wayne, Jones, Garcon, Broyles, Collie: Clarke, Tamme

Castonzo, Reitz, Saturday, Osemele, Ijalana (Pollak C/G, Diem G, Link T)

Cover Two Base Defense

Freeney, Thompson, Nevis, Coples

(w) Bradham, (m) Angerer, (s) Brackett

CB: Davis, Powers, Johnson, Rucker, Thomas

4-3 Under Variation

Addison, Mookie, Moala, Anderson

(w)Angerer, (m) Brackett, Hughes/ Wheeler (On the LOS next to Anderson)

I have the gut feeling that Polian has made his decision and that is Andrew Luck and that Manning's option bonus will not be picked up and he will be released.

San Francisco has $17 Million of Cap space free.... Manning in San Fran would make them some badddddd mothersss

Schefter on ESPN says it's worth three first rounds and two second rounders...

That's one flaw with the trade Luck so we can improve this team with more picks, odds are all the picks we are going to get aren't going to be in this draft.

Let's say Schefter is right that trade only nets us probably one one extra pick in this draft. You give up your first to get a first so that cancels that pick out so that would mean one of the two second rounders would have to be in this draft to get any extra picks this year at all.

Where does the 5-6 Million in dead cap space come from?

The proration of bonus dollars that are spread over the life of the contract that have yet to be earned.

For example if a guy signs a 5 year deal with a 10 million dollar signing bonus, that is divided up @ 2 million a year. If the guy plays 2 years and then is cut/traded/forced to retire, then 6 million (the amount that was allocated in years that he did not play), would accelerate into the current league year.

The proration of bonus dollars that are spread over the life of the contract that have yet to be earned.

For example if a guy signs a 5 year deal with a 10 million dollar signing bonus, that is divided up @ 2 million a year. If the guy plays 2 years and then is cut/traded/forced to retire, then 6 million (the amount that was allocated in years that he did not play), would accelerate into the current league year.

I will post the link that I got those figures from, but I do not think he would count that much against the cap where Miami couldn't make the move!

That's one flaw with the trade Luck so we can improve this team with more picks, odds are all the picks we are going to get aren't going to be in this draft.

Let's say Schefter is right that trade only nets us probably one one extra pick in this draft. You give up your first to get a first so that cancels that pick out so that would mean one of the two second rounders would have to be in this draft to get any extra picks this year at all.

If the Colts got Vontae Davis in the trade, that is like having a first round pick, because he was a first round pick and is a proven talented CB in the NFL...

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/bigo/2009/08/breaking_down_2009_rookie_cont.html

Our best trading partner would be Cleveland. Our 1 could possibly get their 2 first rounders this year, maybe 2 or 3 this year, and quite possibly a 1 in the next 2 years, or some other combo of 2's 3's over that time frame.

Our 1 would then turn into the #4 & #22, this year and then our 2nd (33), and the CLE (36). If we got their 3, it would be 68 as the way things are right now.

That would be a pretty nice package. Only 2 other teams have 2 first rounders this year Cincy & New England and those picks aren't nearly as attractive as the Browns and neither of those would have any interest in moving up to get Luck. We then would have more ammo to move back up in the 1st if we wanted to.

If we do a deal with a team with only 1 pick,, then we would have to receive more picks that would happen in the future, and even if we received 3 1's, 3 2's and 3 3's, that paired with Manning is better than Manning & Luck paired together, because barring injury Luck isn't going to see the field except for garbage time.

I will post the link that I got those figures from, but I do not think he would count that much against the cap where Miami couldn't make the move!

It might be slightly lower. I'm just saying his cap #'s are pretty attractive for a player of that ability and the Dolphins might not be willing to give him up in part of a package.

Our best trading partner would be Cleveland. Our 1 could possibly get their 2 first rounders this year, maybe 2 or 3 this year, and quite possibly a 1 in the next 2 years, or some other combo of 2's 3's over that time frame.

Our 1 would then turn into the #4 & #22, this year and then our 2nd (33), and the CLE (36). If we got their 3, it would be 68 as the way things are right now.

That would be a pretty nice package. Only 2 other teams have 2 first rounders this year Cincy & New England and those picks aren't nearly as attractive as the Browns and neither of those would have any interest in moving up to get Luck. We then would have more ammo to move back up in the 1st if we wanted to.

If we do a deal with a team with only 1 pick,, then we would have to receive more picks that would happen in the future, and even if we received 3 1's, 3 2's and 3 3's, that paired with Manning is better than Manning & Luck paired together, because barring injury Luck isn't going to see the field except for garbage time.

Cleveland because of the draft picks, but other teams like a Miami or Kansas City, because of they high draft picks and the players that would come in compensation.

Cleveland because of the draft picks, but other teams like a Miami or Kansas City, because of they high draft picks and the players that would come in compensation.

The players make any scenario even more complicated... Like when SD traded down out of the Vick Choice and picked up Tomlinson & Brees. It was a draft pick trade and not a player trade. Eli/Rivers was all draft choices. When Atlanta traded up with Cleveland for the receiver from Alabama it was all draft choices. It is extremely rare for top-of-the-line to be traded. It can happen, but the cap issues for both teams make it more complicated.

The players make any scenario even more complicated... Like when SD traded down out of the Vick Choice and picked up Tomlinson & Brees. It was a draft pick trade and not a player trade. Eli/Rivers was all draft choices. When Atlanta traded up with Cleveland for the receiver from Alabama it was all draft choices. It is extremely rare for top-of-the-line to be traded. It can happen, but the cap issues for both teams make it more complicated.

Agreed, I would be all for Cleveland giving up all three of their picks in the first two rounds, but, Polian will probably not trade down if he is the GM here next year..

Agreed, I would be all for Cleveland giving up all three of their picks in the first two rounds, but, Polian will probably not trade down if he is the GM here next year..

Well one good thing about that is the draft is in April and Manning's option bonus issue comes due in March, so we should have a pretty good idea of at least how that will play out at that point, and then we will have to wait and see if it's Luck, or some package of picks.

If someone had gun to my head and said you have to bet your house right now, I would say Manning's option isn't picked up and we draft Luck.

Well one good thing about that is the draft is April and Manning's option bonus issue comes due in March, so we should have a pretty good idea of at least how that will play out at that point, and then we will have to wait and see if it's Luck, or some package of picks.

If someone had gun to my head and said you have to bet your house right now, I would say Manning's option isn't picked up and we draft Luck.

Lol very drastic, but I would agree with you, although that is not what I want, but I am also not the GM of the Colts! But with how poor the Colts are playing this year, we have nothing else hot to talk about!