Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Cowboys Game Day Thread

Back to back good plays by the defense.  Looks like we made some adjustments on D.  Now we gotta get the offense in order.

Missed FG!  Things are starting to turn up for us!

I wanna see a touchdown on this drive before I start getting my hopes back up.

well to quote simms, "romo knows when to go down"

Don't do that too often, people will think you're that dumb.  haha.

Calm the hell down guys, Colts are not focused, but they WILL STILL REACH THE AFCCG.

Please explain your reasoning?

Resting/sitting players is the difference between Patriots and Colts

Belichick plays to win every damn game. He understands the messages/mindset you create by mailing in performances.

Jets are awful, but they don't lose games in the first quarter (like we have against Denver, New England, and Dallas).

One or two players with lack of concentration, sure. The whole team? That's coaching, and preparation. Just so I know where you're at, as a fellow colts fan, how much % blame do you put on the coaching for this?

Not sure what exact percentage I would blame the coaches for, but it would be fairly minor. I do not know if you have ever played a team sport, but I have never had a coach run a drill specific to concentration or focus, that was just expected. Now you may have a point with coaching and the Oline, but again I am not qualified to assess that. I only mention it because I do not see the Oline improving as the year has gone along.

These penalties point to poor preparation by the coaches, in my opinion

Hard to disagree.  One or two, but we're getting a rash of them now.

Time to start cracking some heads on the sidelines.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Usually after the combine. I still think for most non-injured players(Tua) the meetings and interviews with the prospects are more important for the teams especially at QB than anything they can show on a football field in non-competitive environment(pro days, drills at combine, etc.)
    • The only statistics that count are "traditional statistics".  And what are those better metrics? Do you give him "style points" for heaving up a particularly nice spiral that gets picked? 
    • This really made me laugh? Where is 10buck2?   Or do you mean Timbuktu? 
    • I mean, I can't defend their rankings since they are... you know theirs, not mine. One is here - @Four2itus ranked him in the top 5. I still haven't gone through his film so I don't know if I will agree with him or not. I think reasonable people can disagree on highly ranked players depending on what they value most and what they project will improve.    Examples(just going through The Draft Network's big boards):  -Solak has him no. 9: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2020-nfl-draft-big-board-rankings-december-solak -Sikkema has him no. 10 https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/trevor-sikkema-s-2020-nfl-draft-big-boardposition-rankings -Fanspeak has him no.5 https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/preview.php?board_id=0 -Matt Miller has him no. 10 https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2868550-2020-nfl-draft-big-board-matt-millers-latest-rankings#slide1 -Drafttek has him no. 9 https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Draft-Big-Board/Top-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2020-Page-1.asp   and so on...    You can disagree, and I might too after I watch him, but it's not THAT outlandish for someone to have him ranked high. He's a talented player. Different people will have different opinions and that's OK.    About scheme fit... I actually think he fits in the LDE mold that Ballard likes(the Sheard types that might kick inside on passing downs). But this was more a thread about pure talent rather than needs and fit. At least that's how I understood the exercise. 
  • Members

• 2006Coltsbestever

2006Coltsbestever 25,056

• indykmj

indykmj 1

Rookie
    • lincolndefan

lincolndefan 18

• coltsfeva

coltsfeva 1,389

• Hark

Hark 182