Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bethea

CR91

3rd best Safety in the AFC only behind Reed and Polamalu.

Bethea is great but I wouldn't put him in the class with Reed and Polamalu. He's a solid safety and is able to stay healthy but what does he do to make himself stand out? He only has 12 career INTs to Polamalu's 27 and Reed has 57.

Bethea is good but I wouldn't put him in the class with Reed and Polamalu. He's a solid safety but and is able to stay healthy but what does he do to make himself stand out? He only has 12 career INTs to Polamalu's 27 and Reed has 57.

not really his fault hes asked to play deep alot to take the big play out which forces the qb to dump it off or hit wrs who get 10 yard cushions

Bethea is great but I wouldn't put him in the class with Reed and Polamalu. He's a solid safety and is able to stay healthy but what does he do to make himself stand out? He only has 12 career INTs to Polamalu's 27 and Reed has 57.

Who said he was in the same class? I clearly said "behind".

I didn't say he wasn't good. I just said the he wasn't in the same class as Reed or Polamalu.

Bethea currently has 559 tackles in 6 seasons, Polamalu has 583 in 9 seasons. Also keep in mind that Pittsburgh plays in a much more aggressive Defense where there are a lot of chances for turnovers, same for Reed. If we played a scheme like Pittsburgh of Baltimore then I say he has anywhere from 5 to 6 INT's a year.

I didn't say he wasn't good. I just said the he wasn't in the same class as Reed or Polamalu.

Well, those guys are surefire HOFers who are consistently part of some of the best defenses in the league. The Colts defense doesn't have many people saying good things about it, so people don't pay much attention to it. When you think Indy, you think Peyton. When you think Ravens, you think Lewis and Reed. When you think Steelers, Polamalu is one of the first names that comes to mind

not really his fault hes asked to play deep alot to take the big play out which forces the qb to dump it off or hit wrs who get 10 yard cushions

He is actually best when he plays deep, he just needs some help underneath. Bethea seems to raise his play every year. His first couple of years he was a liability in tackling, now he has over 100 on the year...however that may just a be testament to how bad the rest of the defense is.