Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mel Kiper Says Manning Has Played His Last Down With The Colts

deedub75

Is this guy an * or what? He just said on Sportscenter that Colts will draft Luck and either trade Manning or let him walk. I will be glad when this drama is over. We only have a couple of months before they have to make the decision on the $28M bonus and the draft will soon follow that. I really think Luck and Manning CAN coexist but the SHOULDN'T coexist.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this guy an * or what? He just said on Sportscenter that Colts will draft Luck and either trade Manning or let him walk. I will be glad when this drama is over. We only have a couple of months before they have to make the decision on the $28M bonus and the draft will soon follow that. I really think Luck and Manning CAN coexist but the SHOULDN'T coexist.

In my opinion there is no way you let him walk, I believe that Peyton may want out. This is a mess here for now,and I am sure he wants to go some place where he can win big in his last few years, but there is no way you just let him walk. best of luck to Manning with whatever he chooses.

Well, the Colts have an even bigger decision to make, and they better weigh it carefully.

If Manning goes, I go. No more season tickets for me. So there.

Betcha Kiper never considered that in the equation, now did he?

So you are a Peyton Manning fan not a Colt fan?

I'm mel kiper, I have no clue how I got my job btw.

He got his job by working hard, and knowing more about college football athletes then just about anyone on this earth. He is also not the only one saying that both Peyton and Luck can't co-exsist on the same team. Dan Patrick said the same this morning, Archie Manning has said it and others will say it. Doesn't mean they are right, but in the long run for the franchise it might be best to either release or trade Manning and move on.

Am I missing something here? You say Kiper is a dunce but then agree with his essential premise that Luck and Manning on the same team is not a good solution.

Am I missing something here? You say Kiper is a dunce but then agree with his essential premise that Luck and Manning on the same team is not a good solution.

i would assume when he saya they should not exist he means keep manning and trade luck which i agree with. mel sounds like an * saying colts will not keep peyton with no evidence to support his ridiculous claim.

Yeah, that's it..

but if in the long run it's better to go with Luck over Manning. The odds of Peyton returning to the form he had in years past is not great, so while he may still be a very good QB, we are looking at maybe a couple seasons of that at best and at what cost? Why not go with Luck who will be cheaper and allow the Colts to look out for more talent?

why is it so difficult for people to believe that luck will sit for a couple years

I dont know.....Rookie QBs struggle..either in the lst or second year....

they would all be better to be an understudy for a couple of seasons..

The Manning and Luck families seem to know each other.

I think they will work it out

I dont know.....Rookie QBs struggle..either in the lst or second year....

they would all be better to be an understudy for a couple of seasons..

The Manning and Luck families seem to know each other.

I think they will work it out

If that is the case, why does Archie diagree with that.I also believe that Peyton said it would not be in Luck's best intrest to sit. I truly believes Peyton does'nt want to sit here and rebuild and the Colts do need alot! I believe Peyton will toss Luck the keys and we will change to a different type offence.

I will be glad when all of this is over as well. I don't see why it is so hard to believe that Luck and Manning could be on the same team. If Manning gets cleared, he will still be the man in Indy. The starting QB job will always be his to lose as long as he is there in my opinion. I know that people always want to see young guys come in and make an immediate impact, but if Luck is smart he would relish the opportunity to be drafted by a team where he could learn for a year or two from one of the greatest QBs in history. And if Peyton is smart he would be thrilled to have the opportunity to hand over the reins to one of the most promising young talents playing the game today once he is through. I just think this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion by the media, as usual.

And as for everyone saying that they won't watch the Colts play after Peyton is gone, well, that's fine I guess, but in my opinion you cannot call yourself a true fan of any team if the only reason you root for them is because one guy wears that uniform. That's just my opinion.

If that is the case, why does Archie diagree with that.I also believe that Peyton said it would not be in Luck's best intrest to sit. I truly believes Peyton does'nt want to sit here and rebuild and the Colts do need alot! I believe Peyton will toss Luck the keys and we will change to a different type offence.

Because Archie isnt Peyton...

I disagree with you. I think Peyton believes than when he returns..so do wins and playoff games.

Manning's 'offense' comes from knowing his teammates habits

He would not be as effective with players he does not know..

..and do you believe that Bill Polian wants to start over ??? No.

I'm already a life long Giants fan. I took the opposite route of most - got interested in Peyton because of my love for Eli :)

He got his job by working hard, and knowing more about college football athletes then just about anyone on this earth. He is also not the only one saying that both Peyton and Luck can't co-exsist on the same team. Dan Patrick said the same this morning, Archie Manning has said it and others will say it. Doesn't mean they are right, but in the long run for the franchise it might be best to either release or trade Manning and move on.

Ma

Archie said 2 different things on Monday and Tuesday dn..

His latest statement is that they COULD play on the same team...

..and they will

Because Archie isnt Peyton...

I disagree with you. I think Peyton believes than when he returns..so do wins and playoff games.

Manning's 'offense' comes from knowing his teammates habits

He would not be as effective with players he does not know..

..and do you believe that Bill Polian wants to start over ??? No.

There is not a bigger Manning fan on this forum, I really want him to stay, but I think we are further away than just sliding his helmet back on and Peyton knows it. Anybody that has watched our games this year knows it.

There is not a bigger Manning fan on this forum, I really want him to stay, but I think we are further away than just sliding his helmet back on and Peyton knows it. Anybody that has watched our games this year knows it.

And I cant prove you wrong..but remember the stat...

2 year ago in the Super Bowl....of the 22 Colts starters.....14 still started for us on opening day this year..

But one old country boy didnt....and we're 0-13

I'm sorry I agree with the other guy, if you jump ship because your favorite player is not on the team you are a bandwagon fan from the beginning. That is ridiculous.

It is going to be interesting what the team decides, but its a good thing the fans don't make personnel decisions. Granted the fans have emotions invested, not billions like Irsay does.

I do not think we are just Manning away from being a Super Bowl contender. Too many pieces have left, too many people are free agents, and we have far too many holes. The last two years people have gotten older, slower, and more banged up. Not to mention many of the teams have gotten better over those 2 yrs. 49ers, Packers, Saints, Pats, Bills, Jets, Texans, Titans, etc are all at best equal and most better than they were back then.

Imo it boils down to if you have a healthy Manning do you keep him and hope to finish 1st in the division and make a couple runs probably falling short or do you build for the future now.

Either way imo the Colts have no choice to draft Luck unless someone blows them away with an offer and puts them in a position to take Barkley. Barkley would be less of an issue sitting for 2-3 yrs. But lets not forget Mannings contract is for 5 more years, not 2-3. Luck is not sitting 5 years and neither is Barkley imo.

And I cant prove you wrong..but remember the stat...

2 year ago in the Super Bowl....of the 22 Colts starters.....14 still started for us on opening day this year..

But one old country boy didnt....and we're 0-13

Spot on I agree, that is why I will always contend that with better leadership(coaching) we could easily have 6 or 7 wins, hence everyones frustration. We should not be this BAD period.

I'm sorry I agree with the other guy, if you jump ship because your favorite player is not on the team you are a bandwagon fan from the beginning. That is ridiculous.

It is going to be interesting what the team decides, but its a good thing the fans don't make personnel decisions. Granted the fans have emotions invested, not billions like Irsay does.

I do not think we are just Manning away from being a Super Bowl contender. Too many pieces have left, too many people are free agents, and we have far too many holes. The last two years people have gotten older, slower, and more banged up. Not to mention many of the teams have gotten better over those 2 yrs. 49ers, Packers, Saints, Pats, Bills, Jets, Texans, Titans, etc are all at best equal and most better than they were back then.

Imo it boils down to if you have a healthy Manning do you keep him and hope to finish 1st in the division and make a couple runs probably falling short or do you build for the future now.

Either way imo the Colts have no choice to draft Luck unless someone blows them away with an offer and puts them in a position to take Barkley. Barkley would be less of an issue sitting for 2-3 yrs. But lets not forget Mannings contract is for 5 more years, not 2-3. Luck is not sitting 5 years and neither is Barkley imo.

I'm absolutetly a bandwagon fan - never pretended I wasn't.

Spot on I agree, that is why I will always contend that with better leadership(coaching) we could easily have 6 or 7 wins, hence everyones frustration. We should not be this BAD period.

..again..cant argue...We should not be 0-12.....We have better players than that....

..but I think we mishandled the backup QB situation..and I think/hope they would admit that

Holy crap, I dont care if Mel Kiper, Obama, Jesus, or anybody says he's played his last down. PM says he wants to come back and he's getting better and better. I care what PM himself says, not a bunch of critics/analysist saying he won't, b/c they don't know... not even Archie or Eli know, because they're not Peyton. I want to hear what PM says, and in my opinion, he still has gas left in the tank.

Ma

..and they will

No, he didn't. He said the same things Tuesday as he did Monday. He never said they couldn't co-exist or that they couldn't be on the same team. He said (both days) that they probably wouldn't want to be on the same team...because they'd both want to be on the field and because they're both good enough to be on the field. This was his speculation. The question is whether his speculation is based on anything that he's heard from Peyton or from the Luck family or whether it's just his opinion. That part I can't answer.

Ma

..and they will

I think what Archie said first is what he believes in his heart, what he second in follow up is Dad speak to not step on son's toes...

Had Peyton been 100% healthy what record did you see the colts with this season?

Holy crap, I dont care if Mel Kiper, Obama, Jesus, or anybody says he's played his last down. PM says he wants to come back and he's getting better and better. I care what PM himself says, not a bunch of critics/analysist saying he won't, b/c they don't know... not even Archie or Eli know, because they're not Peyton. I want to hear what PM says, and in my opinion, he still has gas left in the tank.

Until everything washes out, which won't be till after the draft we really don't know how Peyton will feel about playing next year. By that point he may know that while the desire is there, the body isn't or the franchise want's to move in a new direction. Right now the entire franchise and Peyton are in this very large holding pattern....