Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What should be the defenses strategy against dallas?

The defense should do what they tried to do against the Pats. It's cliche, but the problem wasn't with the gameplan, it was with the execution. Having Art Jones instead of Zach Kerr is a big benefit, and we don't have to give as much attention to Witten as we did to Gronk. Stay square, tackle better, and don't let up.

Regardless if Murray plays, I believe the Cowboys will run the football alot.  TBH I may eat my words later but, I would rather have him play, so we cant swipe that football out of his grasp.  Nothing dirty, but using it to our advantage if the Cowboys want him out there.  I don't know if the Cowboys like to move Dez around or not, but he is going to be a very tough matchup for anybody 1 on 1 if the Colts choose to do so.  I think we will find ways to slow him down, and minimize his impact, but he will make his presence felt.  Witten scares me the most, for some odd reason.  I think he is going to have a big game if we cant seem to get a lot of pressure on Romo.  If our defense brings their A game, I believe we can pull this one out.  It will take a total team effort, with not many mistakes on offense, while putting up ALOT of points, and perhaps getting some turnovers on the defensive side.  Romo is not great with pressure in his face or constantly getting hit.  Look for it to be a shootout folks!!  The Cowboys and Colts can both put up points in bunches, and both defenses can allow alot of points at times.

I think you guys have some major misconceptions about our team. 

Tony Romo, for one thing, does not force the ball to Dez like Stafford does to Megatron. Tony Romo is 4,000x the QB Stafford is.

Go ahead, stack the box to stop Murray like literally everyone we've played this year has. It hasn't worked too well. If you do, get burned by Dez, Witten, Williams and Beasley. 

Tony Romo, for one thing, does not force the ball to Dez like Stafford does to Megatron. Tony Romo is 4,000x the QB Stafford is.

Go ahead, stack the box to stop Murray like literally everyone we've played this year has. It hasn't worked too well. If you do, get burned by Dez, Witten, Williams and Beasley. 

Yet, the Cowboys are 10-4 just like the Colts. Both teams are beatable. Either way, because you guys have such a balanced offense, we're going to have to figure out a way to limit someone. I'd just as soon let Romo and the receiving options try to beat us (since our pass defense is pretty good), and hope that our offense gets enough chances to put up more points. I don't want to see the Cowboys backs dominate the game and control the clock.

treat it like a Bill Billichik coached team (Mentally-wise) - not strategy wise, TE's all the way to running back.  Treat Romo to be every bit as good as Brady.  Prepare for the worst and then everything is cake if they don't play New England-like.

I have no idea what this even means.

Yeah, yeah yeah.  Come on man - be different.  This is the typical stuff visiting fans come in here to say.  "You don't know our team" or "you do that player X will burn you."  I can just change the names and teams but the commentary is the same.   It is like you are reading from the same script.  Tell us something different - give us insight that only a Dallas fan can have on them.  Ask questions about the Colts - just don't be ordinary.

Stop the run.  Let me rephrase.  Try to stop the run.

Romo isn't that mobile...and I don't think Murray can be effective with one hand.

Put 7 or 8 in the box on first down and then blitz him......He'll throw you the ball

...Turn the game into a shootout...

The more posessions both teams have the better it is for The Colts

Does anyone know where the Colts will stay in Dallas/Arlington?  Which hotel?  I once met quite a few players (in our 2-14 season) at a hotel in Houston on opening day.  I am going to the game on Sunday and I really would like to know where they're staying so I can wait in the lobby to meet them!  Last time I waited 4 hours as they kept passing through.  I am so willing to do it again!

Does anyone know where the Colts will stay in Dallas/Arlington? Which hotel? I once met quite a few players (in our 2-14 season) at a hotel in Houston on opening day. I am going to the game on Sunday and I really would like to know where they're staying so I can wait in the lobby to meet them! Last time I waited 4 hours as they kept passing through. I am so willing to do it again!

Kind of creepy, don't you think?

im not worried at all...

i personally think the Cowboys are overrated and will get exposed when they face us. Vontae on the cry baby will lock up one side, take out beasley and austin, it will be over. The run defense has been alot better.

im not worried at all...

i personally think the Cowboys are overrated and will get exposed when they face us. Vontae on the cry baby will lock up one side, take out beasley and austin, it will be over. The run defense has been alot better.

Sure they are 10-4 beat teams we would have lost to

Pray that you can stop the run vs Murray and challenge the their OL and get pressure on Romo.

I think Davis and Toler can keep up with Dez and Williams.

Jason Witten is the only one that scares me on the cowboys.

So I would blitz like the redskins do and hope Freeman and Jackson play well.

Strategy: Create uncertainty and confusion in the minds of Dallas' offense.

Rather than always adapting to the offensive structure, stay with a standard 3 - 4 and discover the most effective plays from that formation. Let the offense try and adapt to the under-determined defense.

Since most teams scout tendencies - they pattern the defense. If we can throw in novel schemes, and, yes, perform a little better out of some standard patterns, mixing these will help confuse the offense.

Once confusion and uncertainty sets in, we have the advantage. We cannot merely try to out-power or out-skill them, play after play.

The defense should do what they tried to do against the Pats. It's cliche, but the problem wasn't with the gameplan, it was with the execution. Having Art Jones instead of Zach Kerr is a big benefit, and we don't have to give as much attention to Witten as we did to Gronk. Stay square, tackle better, and don't let up.

Exactly Supe.....

Our secondary is pretty good.  Better than the Eagles, I'd say we have favorable matchups across the board on you guys. I don't see Williams, or Beasley beating Toler or Butler very much at all. Dez Bryant or Witten we can double/shadow either one of them and we'll be alright.  Colts are a very solid man coverage team.  Run defense is our issue more than the pass defense, but we've been improving against the run.  I'm sure the Cowboys will have their moments against us on the ground, the passing game I'm not real concerned about. 

Our secondary is pretty good. Better than the Eagles, I'd say we have favorable matchups across the board on you guys. I don't see Williams, or Beasley beating Toler or Butler very much at all. Dez Bryant or Witten we can double/shadow either one of them and we'll be alright. Colts are a very solid man coverage team. Run defense is our issue more than the pass defense, but we've been improving against the run. I'm sure the Cowboys will have their moments against us on the ground, the passing game I'm not real concerned about.

Failed analysis