Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Manning Be The Mvp?

Andy

Really, please stop, it is fun to joke about ,but really?

What the heck are you talking about? It's all over the internet, it's a popular topic, I just wanted to see what people think. You don't even make sense, and I don't understand why you're mad at me. wow, sometimes I wonder...

What the heck are you talking about? It's all over the internet, it's a popular topic, I just wanted to see what people think. You don't even make sense, and I don't understand why you're mad at me. wow, sometimes I wonder...

Hey alot of the time you are spot on, but really you have to play to win. if i came across against you, not was not my intention. look at any post i make i am all about peyton.

I'd love to see him get some votes (has that ever happened for someone who didn't play a snap?) but don't think he should win it. As much as we all love Peyton, I think it would be a little disrespectful to the players who did play, and Peyton might not even appreciate it much, being the classy guy he is. I think getting votes would make at least a bit of a statement

Hey alot of the time you are spot on, but really you have to play to win. if i came across against you, not was not my intention. look at any post i make i am all about peyton.

That's what I wanted to hear :thmup: All I want is your take on it, not your two cents on me posting this. Rarely do I or really anyone hear post anything that stupid, so writing what you wrote was a little odd. It's all good though.

He wasn't valuable at all to the Colts this year. I get the concept of him far and away being the most "depended on" quarterback, but where's the "value" this season? $28 million to chill on the sidelines while his team misses the playoffs? I love Manning and all, but C'MON MAN!

This conversation is plain ridiculous. Is he the MVP on the colts? Yes. Is he the MVP of the League? No! It really is that simple. Have any of you clowns watched the NFL this year? Arron Rogers and Drew Brees are playing lights out! I have heard people saying this since the colts lost their first 3 games this year. The first few times it was comical. Now its just plain stupid. Stop the nonsense. please

Peyton Manning is arguably the most important player to his respected team in NFL history. For a team to lose one player and then start the season 0-12 pretty much speaks for itself.

MVP OF THE NFL

Not MVP of their respected teams.....

yea that pretty much speaks for itself

This conversation is plain ridiculous. Is he the MVP on the colts? Yes. Is he the MVP of the League? No! It really is that simple. Have any of you clowns watched the NFL this year? Arron Rogers and Drew Brees are playing lights out! I have heard people saying this since the colts lost their first 3 games this year. The first few times it was comical. Now its just plain stupid. Stop the nonsense. please

Quote: It is direspectful and ridicculous across the board, to all the guys who are actually playing the game. Dwight Freeney.

Quote: It is direspectful and ridicculous across the board, to all the guys who are actually playing the game. Dwight Freeney.

Cant believe freeny said that. freeny should just not have said anything or made a joke. News flash freeny. we're 0-12 because peyton isnt here. the rest of the colts have shown to not he capable of winning. manning does not deserve the mvp, but he does deserve a few 2nd place votes or something. no one really agrees with manning getting the hardware, but instead the concept of manning being the mvp is what most people find truth in.

Cant believe freeny said that. freeny should just not have said anything or made a joke. News flash freeny. we're 0-12 because peyton isnt here. the rest of the colts have shown to not he capable of winning. manning does not deserve the mvp, but he does deserve a few 2nd place votes or something. no one really agrees with manning getting the hardware, but instead the concept of manning being the mvp is what most people find truth in.

2nd place votes

?

your only adding fuel to the ones who actually think he deserves the award...

If he comes back..plays a game..and Indy wins.....

He will and should get votes

I was listening to the Jim Rome show today on my lunch hour and he said yhat he heard that several Colts players were iritated by this. Wonder why that would be. I didnt relize people were taking this thing serious.

I was listening to the Jim Rome show today on my lunch hour and he said yhat he heard that several Colts players were iritated by this. Wonder why that would be. I didnt relize people were taking this thing serious.

hopefully, they are angry enough to take it out on Baltimore..

They better win a game or they'll hear this for 8 months

hopefully, they are angry enough to take it out on Baltimore..

They better win a game or they'll hear this for 8 months

As they should. Like you, i hope this lights a fire under them that can finally get them a win. I doubt it though. Even when i thought guys were playing the best games of their career (mathis and freeny against pit, garcon against tampa) we still couldn't win.

Maybe Freeney wants out and thinks that acting like he is developing a bad attitude is the best way to get out.

No, but Manning's place in NFL history just got bronzed because no team in any other sport in history went without a single victory in their season due to the absence of one player. This phenomenon will be remembered for a very long time in the world of sports.

Peyton Manning is arguably the most important player to his respected team in NFL history. For a team to lose one player and then start the season 0-12 pretty much speaks for itself.

What it speaks for is that the Colts were not built to remain competitive should Peyton Manning not play. They didnt have a capable backup or seemingly any plan at all, and THAT is the reason they are 0-12. As others have mentioned, that makes him MVP of the Colts...which we knew already...but it doesnt make him MVP of the league.

Players win the MVP award for what their teams do with them on the field...they don't win it for what their teams do with them off it.

I think people who get this upset over a forum topic is pretty ridiculous.