Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano says Colts won't rest starters

RockThatBlue

Should be a surprise to nobody, but just in case some people thought we would.

Www.profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/15/chuck-pagano-says-colts-wont-rest-starters/?utm_network=facebook&utm_post=3250852&utm_source=FB%20-%20SNF%20on%20NBC&utm_tags=

1389720911000-2-spCOLTS09186122.jpg

There should be a version of this with puppet strings.

You do realize that Belichick nearly never rests starters, right? And you almost never see the Pats go one and done....right? Continuity is key, especially when we have been stuck in a rut on offense the past few weeks. Rest who is hurt, and play the others.

Hilton should be rested. Definitely want to keep him healthy. He always seems to be dinged up late in the season. Glad his MRI came back negative but they need to rest him to be safe. Bad enough Reggie is beat up. We don't need our number 1 receiver not 100 in the playoffs.

Good, our starters need the practice.  I would however, be in favor of resting TR for the rest of the year.

Yep sf727, I'm leaning in that direction too. Start Boom Herron & like Lollygagger8 has eloquently said in the past, use TR in pass protection/blitz pickup & only throw screens to him like Andy Reid revolutionized in Philadelphia etc. etc. 

you all have short memories  last times colts rest their plaYer's they  lost in playoff's early.

Last time they rested their players they lost in the Super Bowl.  That's not losing early. 

Personally I think people make WAY too much of resting or not resting the starters.  The Colts have both won and lost in the playoffs doing both. 

I think it would be smart to rest those players that are nursing injuries, or limit their playing time.  I really would like the team to win out the rest of the games just in case there is an off chance they can sneak into the number 2 spot.

Either way, this weekend should be a good game!  Cowboys aren't strong at home and our D has been playing lights out.

Will be a good test against Romo and Bryant.

I am happy they won't be resting any starters. I am going to the Cowboys game next weekend and would like to see my guys play.

Currently living in San Diego and I can only afford to go to one Colts game per year. Many months ago I chose the Cowboys game and I am looking forward to it.

Last time they rested their players they lost in the Super Bowl.  That's not losing early. 

Personally I think people make WAY too much of resting or not resting the starters.  The Colts have both won and lost in the playoffs doing both.

Every player I have heard talk about resting players HATES IT.....especially offensive players. They all claim too much rest gets the offense out of synch. I don't mind a weeks rest, but when a team has a bye, resting players at the end of the season seems to be detrimental.

And the last time the colts rested players they looked like crap in the first half in game one vs the Jets. The offense finally got in a grove just before halftime and pulled away.

I'm glad that Pagano isn't sitting down any player in the starting lineup. I hate sitting guys because it usually messes with their confidence, chemistry, & mojo.

An excellent decision IMO. Not that Pags, Grigs, or Jim need my seal of approval that is...

Great! I wish there were more who would heed that mind set. I try to stay positive but it gets tougher with most of the comments made in these threads. For some it's all about the negative stuff with little thought to the positives. Look at this team 3 years ago and then look at them today. Maybe it's not all gloom and doom?

I'll wait for all the pagano haters to come in and say what a horrible decision this is and what a stupid coach he is before I reply ;)

I don't think anyone here is a Pagano hater, critics perhaps...we just wish he was a bit sharper during gameday and that he could prepare the team for each game to play hard/smart from the opening gun...find a way to keep them from coming out flat in the 1st qtr.

The play calling is something Pep is responsible for. It would be great to have one of the top NFL OCs so we could hold our own against all those good DCs and good defenses.

I don't think anyone here is a Pagano hater, critics perhaps...we just wish he was a bit sharper during gameday and that he could prepare the team for each game to play hard/smart from the opening gun...find a way to keep them from coming out flat in the 1st qtr.

The play calling is something Pep is responsible for. It would be great to have one of the top NFL OCs so we could hold our own against all those good DCs and good defenses.

There are definitely pagano haters on here. Almost every week there's a thread asking if we should replace him, or some long thread bashing him etc..

Actually he said nearly the same thing that Dungy, Caldwell and Polian used to say.

“Anybody who’s got some nagging injuries and got some things going on that they’ve been fighting through, if we talk to our doctors and between our doctors and our trainers and our coaching staff, if we feel like somebody needs some time to mend… I mean, we’re going to play 16 games, and we’re going to prepare to try to go win this football game. Forget being in the playoffs or not, that’s just our mindset. That’s how we roll. So if a guy needs some time because he’s injured and he needs some time to heal up, then we’ll make that decision whatever’s best for the player, whatever’s best for the team, all that stuff."