Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hayden to be cut

John Waylon

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprising at all, GL Hayden

It's surprising to me. Only in the fact that i believe his release is not going to save all that much money for the Colts. I oculd be wrong, but i thought it was around 1 mill in savings. I thought he would stay for that. Anything more though and i agree it would have been a no brainer.

Not quite... Read somewhere yesterday that his cap hit this season is about 10 mil, and between 11 and 12 next season...

isnt that cap hit different for a traded player though... thats how the pats can get ocho and haynesworth. Signing bonus and guaranteed stays with original team... just base salary goes with new team... at least thats what i thought/think. Otherwise idk how pats got fat albert and ocho.

I am surprised since we do not save as much money as originally was anticipated before last week, but the Colts have great depth at corner. Jerrod Powers could be a future star if he is able to stay healthy. He is special. Justin Tryon may have been our best Dee bee last year after Antoine Bethea. He has great agility. The next two guys in the stable who have the potential to get it done are rookie Chris Rucker and last year's 3rd round draft choice Kevin Thomas. Both these two guys have the ability to be future starters. They both have good size, and had great College careers. The wild card in the mix is Cornelius Brown. Brown looked very strong in the last couple games and may have what it takes to stick.....despite the popular belief that we are thin at safety, I like the potential of some of the young guys we have. It is hard to know at this stage which ones will stick, but Newton, Caldwell, Alfalava, and Vaughn in particular all could be in the mix for major roles behind Bethea and Bullitt. You gotta love this time of year!!!

isnt that cap hit different for a traded player though... thats how the pats can get ocho and haynesworth. Signing bonus and guaranteed stays with original team... just base salary goes with new team... at least thats what i thought/think. Otherwise idk how pats got fat albert and ocho.

I'm not sure how it would work this season, but next we'd have to pay the full amount due, and have to potentially start paying more if we want to keep him. I don't see us getting him.

we will get our guys draft picks & udfa's if we splash at all itll be moss & cromartie moss cause i mean come on moss & wayne will cause problems & cromartie so he dont end up playing #2 on a team in contention & pick peyton again he cant pick him if he's on his team & no one did it better

... but we would have to trade for asante right??? I'd rather try to sign cromartie. younger. dont give up draft picks for him...

i dont think it would be out of control..3rd rounder would probly do it..i think the eagles r just wanting to clean up their cap now that they got 2 lock down corners

idk if they would go with cro..he may b 2 much of a red flag for the colts..but yet i think they would sign moss so mayb im wrong..i would say asante is the front runner here...OR...dun dun dun...THEY SIGN BOTH!!!!

Hopefully we will fine out something soon..!!!!

We are not going to be signing a big time free agent corner. It will not happen. One guy who I failed to mention in the post above was Jacob Lacey, and he may be in the middle of the pack. We have a ton of potential at Corner. It would be a shock if we threw more money at that position for this season.

I am surprised since we do not save as much money as originally was anticipated before last week, but the Colts have great depth at corner. Jerrod Powers could be a future star if he is able to stay healthy. He is special. Justin Tryon may have been our best Dee bee last year after Antoine Bethea. He has great agility. The next two guys in the stable who have the potential to get it done are rookie Chris Rucker and last year's 3rd round draft choice Kevin Thomas. Both these two guys have the ability to be future starters. They both have good size, and had great College careers. The wild card in the mix is Cornelius Brown. Brown looked very strong in the last couple games and may have what it takes to stick.....despite the popular belief that we are thin at safety, I like the potential of some of the young guys we have. It is hard to know at this stage which ones will stick, but Newton, Caldwell, Alfalava, and Vaughn in particular all could be in the mix for major roles behind Bethea and Bullitt. You gotta love this time of year!!!

Here is the reason:

"Hayden was in the third year of a $43 million dollar contract. Since signing that deal, Hayden has appeared in only twenty regular season games. A neck injury landed him on the Injured Reserve list last season. He was to count roughly $9 million against Indy's cap in 2011."

Stampede blue

If he was going to cost us 9 million, this was a no brainer.