Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano's future?

azcolt

If where going to get real do you think he would be 32-9 without Andrew luck 

If we are going to be real Luck plays on a team. Without the supporting cast Luck couldn't do what he does. Luck is not a RB. Luck is not a WR. Luck is not a TE. Luck don't play on special teams. Luck don't punt or do kickoffs. Luck don't kick field goals. To point the finger at Pagano is a cop out. The Colts are the 3rd seed in the AFC and Pagano helped put them there.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still wish we would have kept Arians but I suppose it was not possible considering the circumstances....sigh!

How many QBs have been injured under Arians system? He made on old man out of Big Ben and the rest is history. I for one am real glad we have Luck and in Arians system I doubt he would have survived.

I am expecting it...it would be different with a 100% healthy Reggie and Bradshaw and Mathis.

It is looking like one-and-done or one W and then done.

Outside the QB, would you take the Colts coaching and talent over any of the other potential playoff teams? 

Patriots - no

Broncos - no

Ravens - no

Chiefs - no

Steelers - probably not

Bengals - talent, no.  I might take Chuck over Marvin Lewis.

Seahawks - no

Packers - no

Eagles - no

Cardinals - no

Lions - no

Cowboys - We'll see Sunday.

Saints - coach, no.  Talent?  Perhaps, but it's not a slam dunk.

This is the recurring theme with this team.  Once they get to the playoffs, it's an uphill battle every year.  Manning was set up to fail.  Luck is set up to fail. 

Outside the QB, would you take the Colts coaching and talent over any of the other potential playoff teams? 

Patriots - no

Broncos - no

Ravens - no

Chiefs - no

Steelers - probably not

Seahawks - no

Packers - no

Eagles - no

Cardinals - no

Lions - no

This is the recurring theme with this team.  Once they get to the playoffs, it's an uphill battle every year.  Manning was set up to fail.  Luck is set up to fail. 

Says yet another undiscovered NFL talent and coaching guru.

Patriots - no

Broncos - no

Ravens - no

Chiefs - no

Steelers - probably not

Bengals - talent, no. I might take Chuck over Marvin Lewis.

Seahawks - no

Packers - no

Eagles - no

Cardinals - no

Lions - no

Saints - coach, no. Talent? Perhaps, but it's not a slam dunk.

This is the recurring theme with this team. Once they get to the playoffs, it's an uphill battle every year. Manning was set up to fail. Luck is set up to fail.

I'm confused. If one prefers the talent and coaching staff of another team to that of the Colts, why would that person be a Colts fan?

Sorry. Perhaps I'm being too literal.

I shouldn't have participated in this mess. I'm going to leave and apologize to myself for doing this.

Moncrief should be getting Reggie's snaps when the Colts use two TEs. Reggie + 2 TEs = a whole lotta slow

Reggie had a rough game 2 weeks ago and played a bit better yesterday.  If Reggie is on the field he is going to demand respect from the defense, he is still the best route runner on our team, and even if has slowed down a bit, I think he is still our #2 WR.  Moncrief has great straight away speed and his hands have usually looked better than they were advertised coming out of college.  That said, he is still raw and although he has potential to stretch the field and make big plays, I think he is still better suited to be used when we can create mismatches to take advantage of his speed -- he still has plenty of work to do to surpass Reggie, IMO. 

Patriots - no

Broncos - no

Ravens - no

Chiefs - no

Steelers - probably not

Seahawks - no

Packers - no

Eagles - no

Cardinals - no

Lions - no

Coaching and talent?  I am not sure what you're asking here -- if you are saying all these other teams have more talent than our team, wouldn't that mean our coaching staff is doing a good job?  Many of the teams you list might not even make the playoffs (Cincy, Ravens, Pittsburgh, Chiefs, Eagles, Saints all have pretty legitimate shots at missing the dance this year).  We are locked in with our first game at home.  If our players are so bad that the 5-8 Saints are the only team you might think we have more talent than, then that should mean the fact that we've got 10 wins and a certain home game, that our coaching staff is doing a good job.  If our coaches are so terrible, then it would mean our players aren't that bad? Can you explain your logic more?

AFC

Broncos -- I'd take Pagano and our staff over Fox and their staff any day.  Hard to say we have more talented players around the board, though.

Patriots -- Bellichek, IMO, is still best coach in the league.  The talent on our team and their team is similar, they have been at it longer, have a veteran QB and a great coaching staff.

Ravens -- Might not make the playoffs.  Pagano is part of John Harbaugh's coaching tree -- I think we have a better offensive coordinator and our defensive minds are products (at least in large part) of Baltimore's system.

Chiefs -- Might not make the playoffs -- we beat them last year in the playoffs and I think have a better team than them this year.  Reid is a very good coach, still wouldn't trade Pagano for him and they've got a better OL, better RBs and an overall better defense but I still think we beat them if we have to play them.

Bengals -- Might not make playoffs, but we beat them 27-0 in one of the most dominant performances in the NFL this season -- so our players (talent) and coaching staff on our team are preferrable to me.

Steelers -- Might not make playoffs, they have been inconsistent like we have this year -- they whooped us handily, then they turned around and got beaten by the NY Jets.  They've shown they can play with anyone or lose to anyone in this league.  They've got a better OL, better RB but overall our teams probably have similar talent levels.  I would not trade Pagano for Tomlin, I would not trade Luck for Big Ben.

NFC

Seahawks - We beat them last year.  They have more skill on D and a better RB and OL.  Wouldn't trade Pagano for Carroll and wouldn't trade Luck for Wilson and wouldn't trade Vontae for Sherman.  If we could swap OLines, I'd be up for that.  If we could trade the rest of our secondary for their secondary and our LBs for their LBs, maybe.

Packers - I think we'd match up favorably vs. Green Bay -- we have similar teams -- very good offenses and defenses that have room to improve.  I'd be happy to play them at a neutral site.

Eagles - We should have beat the Eagles earlier this year - that loss is on Luck for throwing a bone-headed pick late in the game.  We dominated the time of clock and should have won that game.

Cardinals - They have, IMO, the best D in the league -- Arians is a good coach, but they have no QB -- I'd love to play them in the super bowl.  Remember 2 years ago, Arians was hired to coach under Pagano?

Lions - We, as Colts fans, collectively hated Jim Caldwell just 3 years ago.  Remember, he pulled Peyton out when we could have gone 16-0 and then we went 2-14 with him?  You're going to say he is a better coach than Pagano now?

Cowboys - Regardless of what happens Sunday, I'd love to see Dallas in the super bowl -- with a healthy Vontae I think we can play with Dallas any day and I would not rather have their coaching staff.  Specifically, I would take Pagano over Jason Garrett any day of the week.

Saints -- Might not make playoffs.  They are 5-8 in a division with no teams above .500 -- granted we don't have a very strong division, I don't know why you'd take a 5-8 team in a conference with no teams with a winning record and say you'd rather have their coaches than a 10 win team.  Their coaches (though the head coach was suspended for being part of a dirty scheme) have worked with this system with most of the star players in tact for a while now as well -- you'd think if their coaches were much better than ours that they'd be doing well with a veteran QB and veteran team that's been in their system for longer than any players have been in our system.

I hope we don't waste the career of the next great NFL quarterback on a mediocre coach.If we played in a tougher division, I think Pagano would have been fired by now.

since its only his 3 season as hc ,  he get a pass tell about the 5 year.

If we are going to be real Luck plays on a team. Without the supporting cast Luck couldn't do what he does. Luck is not a RB. Luck is not a WR. Luck is not a TE. Luck don't play on special teams. Luck don't punt or do kickoffs. Luck don't kick field goals. To point the finger at Pagano is a cop out. The Colts are the 3rd seed in the AFC and Pagano helped put them the

With our weak division most coach's with Luck could do the same thing we already have 6 win's 

Coach Chuck is not a BAD head coach, he is just not a sharp top notch one.

Maybe it is something that must be learned, but he does not seem to be able to prepare the team to play with full intensity and focus from the opening gun...we come out flat far too often and this will be fatal in the playoffs.

But then, Dungy also had this flaw.

Is this serious???? So we get to the playoffs all three years and we are wasting Luck with Pagano and Grigson?  Were we wasting Peyton Manning when it took us until his 9th year to win a Super Bowl?  And like 6 years to win a Playoff game??  I know this can be frustrating, but Grigson has turned over most of the roster.  It is hard to get good players at every position in 3 years on a 53 man roster if you only keep a handful from the previous regime.

Reggie had a rough game 2 weeks ago and played a bit better yesterday.  If Reggie is on the field he is going to demand respect from the defense, he is still the best route runner on our team, and even if has slowed down a bit, I think he is still our #2 WR.  Moncrief has great straight away speed and his hands have usually looked better than they were advertised coming out of college.  That said, he is still raw and although he has potential to stretch the field and make big plays, I think he is still better suited to be used when we can create mismatches to take advantage of his speed -- he still has plenty of work to do to surpass Reggie, IMO. 

Coaching and talent?  I am not sure what you're asking here -- if you are saying all these other teams have more talent than our team, wouldn't that mean our coaching staff is doing a good job?  Many of the teams you list might not even make the playoffs (Cincy, Ravens, Pittsburgh, Chiefs, Eagles, Saints all have pretty legitimate shots at missing the dance this year).  We are locked in with our first game at home.  If our players are so bad that the 5-8 Saints are the only team you might think we have more talent than, then that should mean the fact that we've got 10 wins and a certain home game, that our coaching staff is doing a good job.  If our coaches are so terrible, then it would mean our players aren't that bad? Can you explain your logic more?

AFC

Broncos -- I'd take Pagano and our staff over Fox and their staff any day.  Hard to say we have more talented players around the board, though.

Patriots -- Bellichek, IMO, is still best coach in the league.  The talent on our team and their team is similar, they have been at it longer, have a veteran QB and a great coaching staff.

Ravens -- Might not make the playoffs.  Pagano is part of John Harbaugh's coaching tree -- I think we have a better offensive coordinator and our defensive minds are products (at least in large part) of Baltimore's system.

Chiefs -- Might not make the playoffs -- we beat them last year in the playoffs and I think have a better team than them this year.  Reid is a very good coach, still wouldn't trade Pagano for him and they've got a better OL, better RBs and an overall better defense but I still think we beat them if we have to play them.

Bengals -- Might not make playoffs, but we beat them 27-0 in one of the most dominant performances in the NFL this season -- so our players (talent) and coaching staff on our team are preferrable to me.

Steelers -- Might not make playoffs, they have been inconsistent like we have this year -- they whooped us handily, then they turned around and got beaten by the NY Jets.  They've shown they can play with anyone or lose to anyone in this league.  They've got a better OL, better RB but overall our teams probably have similar talent levels.  I would not trade Pagano for Tomlin, I would not trade Luck for Big Ben.

NFC

Seahawks - We beat them last year.  They have more skill on D and a better RB and OL.  Wouldn't trade Pagano for Carroll and wouldn't trade Luck for Wilson and wouldn't trade Vontae for Sherman.  If we could swap OLines, I'd be up for that.  If we could trade the rest of our secondary for their secondary and our LBs for their LBs, maybe.

Packers - I think we'd match up favorably vs. Green Bay -- we have similar teams -- very good offenses and defenses that have room to improve.  I'd be happy to play them at a neutral site.

Eagles - We should have beat the Eagles earlier this year - that loss is on Luck for throwing a bone-headed pick late in the game.  We dominated the time of clock and should have won that game.

Cardinals - They have, IMO, the best D in the league -- Arians is a good coach, but they have no QB -- I'd love to play them in the super bowl.  Remember 2 years ago, Arians was hired to coach under Pagano?

Lions - We, as Colts fans, collectively hated Jim Caldwell just 3 years ago.  Remember, he pulled Peyton out when we could have gone 16-0 and then we went 2-14 with him?  You're going to say he is a better coach than Pagano now?

Cowboys - Regardless of what happens Sunday, I'd love to see Dallas in the super bowl -- with a healthy Vontae I think we can play with Dallas any day and I would not rather have their coaching staff.  Specifically, I would take Pagano over Jason Garrett any day of the week.

Saints -- Might not make playoffs.  They are 5-8 in a division with no teams above .500 -- granted we don't have a very strong division, I don't know why you'd take a 5-8 team in a conference with no teams with a winning record and say you'd rather have their coaches than a 10 win team.  Their coaches (though the head coach was suspended for being part of a dirty scheme) have worked with this system with most of the star players in tact for a while now as well -- you'd think if their coaches were much better than ours that they'd be doing well with a veteran QB and veteran team that's been in their system for longer than any players have been in our system.

I love Reggie, but if you think he scares corners you're crazy. Just use him as a slot where he is at his best....he really has no business being on the outside.

I love Reggie, but if you think he scares corners you're crazy. Just use him as a slot where he is at his best....he really has no business being on the outside.

Prior to Reggie getting hurt at Cincy his stats were:

9 catches, 98 yards

3 catches, 28 yards

4 catches, 62 yards

7 catches, 119 yards

7 catches, 77 yards

4 catches, 35 yards

*at this point he is on pace for 91 receptions, 1,117 yards.

game he got hurt -- 4 catches, 15 yards

games after:

4 catches, 70 yards

6 catches, 91 yards

3 catches, 10 yards

4 catches, 31 yards

1 catch, 5 yards

4 catches, 24 yards

The last 3-4 games Wayne has struggled -- and yes, as we saw 2 games ago, he struggled mightily.

However, he is a future HOFer and teams would be foolish not to respect him.  He has 59 receptions in a 'bad' year for him -- meaning, he'll go over 60 catches this coming week.  Most WR's in the NFL would die to have 60 catches. Even though this hasn't been Reggie's best year -- he's still a 60+ reception WR (even with missing a game) and teams are still going to respect him.  He is still the best route runner on this team and he still helps open things up for Moncrief and other WRs/TEs.  I like Moncrief, and think he's having a fine rookie year, but he really hasn't shown me much more than the fact that he is lightning fast, a tough player and can run by people with straightaway speed if he has a mismatch in coverage -- he still has room to work on his route running, timing with Luck, etc. etc.  Do I think he has potential to be a very solid #2 WR (or possibly #1 WR)? Yes, certainly.  Do I think he has earned the right to replace Reggie on the field? No, he's earned the right to see increased playing time and he is seeing that, but he still has room to improve before he supplants Reggie (IMO).

Coach Chuck is not a BAD head coach, he is just not a sharp top notch one.

Maybe it is something that must be learned, but he does not seem to be able to prepare the team to play with full intensity and focus from the opening gun...we come out flat far too often and this will be fatal in the playoffs.

But then, Dungy also had this flaw.

I agree that Chuck is not a bottom of the barrel coach. He can get a team into the playoffs but not play perfect enough to be Superbowl contenders. The slow starts from the past few weeks are killers.The guy just cant prepare his team. For example the Patriots game where all the Coaches slept in the office building together the day before the game..they gameplan for this the whole week but still couldn't get the W. I hope he can figure something out soon. 

Is this serious???? So we get to the playoffs all three years and we are wasting Luck with Pagano and Grigson?  Were we wasting Peyton Manning when it took us until his 9th year to win a Super Bowl?  And like 6 years to win a Playoff game??  I know this can be frustrating, but Grigson has turned over most of the roster.  It is hard to get good players at every position in 3 years on a 53 man roster if you only keep a handful from the previous regime.

Heck it took until Manning's sixth year just to win a playoff game, something this group accomplished in their second attempt at it.  The honest truth was when this team was 2-14 and they hit the self-destruct button most people said it would take three years just to be competitive again.  Had anyone said then that the Colts would make the playoffs the following three years and win the division the last two years of it that person would have been laughed off this forum and labeled a homer quicker than TY Hilton burns the Texans.  Had we been given that choice people would have signed up for it in a heart beat. 

Flash forward three years and now the team is wasting Luck and company...  I don't think they are wasting them I think they are ahead of the schedule they were brought in to be on.  They are gaining Luck and the other young players on this roster invaluable experience that will benefit them as they come into the prime of their careers which Luck and company have not hit yet.  They are still learning and growing and the fact they already have so much post-season experience and learning early what it takes to win will only help them down the line.  For most teams in the NFL you have to learn to win, yes once in a while you'll see a team catch lighting in a bottle and just go on a run, but for most it's a process.  The Colts are already light years ahead of where they were supposed to be in that process.

Yet because they aren't perfect people want to fire the coach.  Stop and think about 2011 and where you honestly thought this team would be by 2014 and where they actually are and all of the sudden you gain a whole new respect for the job Pagano and Grigson have done. 

I agree that Chuck is not a bottom of the barrel coach. He can get a team into the playoffs but not play perfect enough to be Superbowl contenders. The slow starts from the past few weeks are killers.The guy just cant prepare his team. For example the Patriots game where all the Coaches slept in the office building together the day before the game..they gameplan for this the whole week but still couldn't get the W. I hope he can figure something out soon. 

I think your not realizing just how hard it is to win in a team sport...let alone the ultimate team sport,  you can have the perfect game plan week in and week out but still lose, Look how long it took Tony Dungy to win a SB and that was with a Peyton Manning in his prime, It takes time to figure out the minor details that needs to be worked out and when you do figure them out you still have to get some break or a couple breaks along the way, Not even the '72 Dolphins who finished with a perfect season had things go perfectly all season long, They had to get some breaks

The staff has shown that they do recognize changes need to be made and have made them accordingly...For instance....Herron starting or getting more touches rather then an underperforming Richardson

do you not understand that rookies may not be ready to play week one? I'm guessing that was the case with Dante. Reggie certainly didn't get all the snaps his first year. This premise that the staff is playing guys out of some sort of loyalty is absurd. Their jobs are on the line. They play the guys they think give them the best opportunity to win. Grigson and pagano have brought all of these guys in. They are all "their" guys.

The other thing I don't understand here is that one of the guys people want to see more of is Holmes and less of is Harrison.  If the Coaches were truly out to make "their" guys look good wouldn't the be forcing the fourth round draft pick down our throats and not the undrafted rookie? 

We see these players once a week for three to four hours.  The coaches see them every day for that long and almost double or triple that a day if you factor in all the film they watch on these guys.  No matter how much any of us know about football, and yes there are some very knowledgeable posters here, we are dreaming to think we know more about these players and what they can and can't do than the coaches.  

I also think they aren't just thinking about 2014 and are thinking about the future.  I think that's why we see so much of Harrison.  I think they view Shipley as a finished product and what you see is what you get.  I think they feel like Harrison could be the long term answer at center but he needs to get experience to be that guy and the only way he's going to get that experience is to play.  So they are taking their lumps this year with him in attempt to find a long term answer to our o-line issues.  If it pays off we will be thrilled they did this.  If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out and you keep trying to find an answer. No one is going to be bat a perfect average. 

The other thing I will say is when a backup first comes in they do tend to look really good because the other team hasn't prepared for them and has little to no film on them.  Once that back up has played for a while and other teams can prepare for them and has tape on them to know how to attack them a back up tends to look like a back up real fast.  A good study on this was Painter.  When Painter first took over for Collins in 2011 he came in and looked alright for a little while because no one knew anything about him.  Once teams got tape on him and figured out how to attack him well you saw what happened the rest of 2011.  So I would be very careful to declare any back up better than a starter when we just have a small sample size of the back up. 

TY didn't start until about halfway through his rookie year, Ballard was behind Donald Brown i believe. Mewhort was supposed to be a backup to Donald Thomas until he got injured for the year. I'll give you Harrison. Moncrief took 3 months before the coaching staff got their head out of their rear and decided to start him. Kerr and Newsome are still getting limited playing time, which is crap. All of these guys except Harrison have been victims of Pagano's favoritism game toward the Veterans.

He sure isn't showing favoritism for Shipley over rookie Harrison, but I wish he would.  

When a team consistently wins their division only to fail in the playoffs it speaks for itself. Winning a weak division is not bragging rights for being tough to beat. Often teams play up to their oppositions class but the Colts get beat by good teams and that is no secret. This season their wins over weak teams are squeekers and that is troubling. Their problems are obvious to all so all we can do as we complain is sit back and watch who they bring in to fix the problems. I am in no way blaming the coaching staff for what I am seeing on the field where games are won and lost.  

He isn't going anywhere. What was that quote from Vince Lombardi again "Once you have won mens hearts, they will follow you anywhere". The Colts players play out of their minds for Pagano. I think the whole Leukemia thing really bonded alot of the team together. That's something you can't buy.

But Chuck does have his flaws. His main one being his personnel decisions. Being hesitant to play the best players because they're better than the veterans, guys you invested a lot in, favorites,etc..And it really limits the team at times. He's got to get better at making the tough choices early.

Besides that he's a decent coach though whose shown improvement. He just needs to make better coaching decisions.

Please stop people.  I haven't read the whole thread, but I refuse to.  It's crazy to think people are still questioning Pagano.  He has 3 straight divisional titles in the 3 seasons he has been here.  I think fans tend to forget we were (and still are) rebuilding.  It is a franchise for a reason.  You may point out weaknesses or areas of improvement, but to call for his job, is a HUGE stretch.  I am disappointed in him for being such a defensive minded coach and not having a top10 defense, but the talent on offense deserves the majority of his attention (for good reason).  Another season or two you will see more of the vision they originally created.  The only glaring weakness we have on defense is a dominating LB corp (coverage, run support, and pass rush) at times.  They're not terrible either, just inconsistent. 

This whole topic just confuses me??? Chuck is 32-14 as the HC of the Colts.  Don't even say we play in a weak division, because they're all professional, and divisional games tend to be tough regardless.  BTW we haven't lost a divisional game in 2 years!!  His first season he was diagnosed with cancer, and kept the locker room together throughout the season.  Last year, the Colts beat 3 of the best 4 teams in the NFL.  This season, they're on track to improve as well.  If you think the Colts should be 14-2 or 13-3 every year, and go to the SB, you have unrealistic expectations for a 3rd year program.  Give them 2-3 more seasons when the Pats and Broncos need to rebuild, and our great young talent is even better, then you can call for those numbers.  Even at that, those milestones are tough to achieve with how competitive the league is anymore.  Everything takes time, but people are impatient!

Pagano is not going anywhere, anytime soon.  Neither is Grigson.  So just stop with all these dumb threads. 

Heck it took until Manning's sixth year just to win a playoff game, something this group accomplished in their second attempt at it.  The honest truth was when this team was 2-14 and they hit the self-destruct button most people said it would take three years just to be competitive again.  Had anyone said then that the Colts would make the playoffs the following three years and win the division the last two years of it that person would have been laughed off this forum and labeled a homer quicker than TY Hilton burns the Texans.  Had we been given that choice people would have signed up for it in a heart beat. 

Flash forward three years and now the team is wasting Luck and company...  I don't think they are wasting them I think they are ahead of the schedule they were brought in to be on.  They are gaining Luck and the other young players on this roster invaluable experience that will benefit them as they come into the prime of their careers which Luck and company have not hit yet.  They are still learning and growing and the fact they already have so much post-season experience and learning early what it takes to win will only help them down the line.  For most teams in the NFL you have to learn to win, yes once in a while you'll see a team catch lighting in a bottle and just go on a run, but for most it's a process.  The Colts are already light years ahead of where they were supposed to be in that process.

Yet because they aren't perfect people want to fire the coach.  Stop and think about 2011 and where you honestly thought this team would be by 2014 and where they actually are and all of the sudden you gain a whole new respect for the job Pagano and Grigson have done. 

Thinking it from that perspective really made me appreciate the Colts more. We are a truly blessed team. 

When a team consistently wins their division only to fail in the playoffs it speaks for itself. Winning a weak division is not bragging rights for being tough to beat. Often teams play up to their oppositions class but the Colts get beat by good teams and that is no secret. This season their wins over weak teams are squeekers and that is troubling. Their problems are obvious to all so all we can do as we complain is sit back and watch who they bring in to fix the problems. I am in no way blaming the coaching staff for what I am seeing on the field where games are won and lost.  

You think Pats fans are calling for Belichek to be fired because they're in a mediocre division?  Pats lost to the Dolphins early on.  Barely beat the Jets in Foxboro!  Colts haven't lost a divisional game in 2 years.  How is their division in the arguement?  The NFL is very competitive.  I don't care if we win by 1 pt or 35 pts.  The W is all that matters!  Sure the Colts have struggled against great teams this year.  Is it suppose to be easy?  You failed to mention we beat the Broncos, Seahawks, and 49ers last season!  3 of the 4 best last year.  Teams like the Rams and Cards that we did lose to were good teams also.  They're on the up and coming list.  Look at them this year, I don't feel bad about the losses last year, but in what kind of fashion.  That's not Chucks fault, that is players not giving it 100%

Chuck is a great coach and will be leading this team for years to come.  Nobody (well I can't say that knowing some individuals in here) will be calling players and staff out when we do have those great anticipated seasons and win a couple SB's.  It is coming... Just be patient.

I think your not realizing just how hard it is to win in a team sport...let alone the ultimate team sport,  you can have the perfect game plan week in and week out but still lose, Look how long it took Tony Dungy to win a SB and that was with a Peyton Manning in his prime, It takes time to figure out the minor details that needs to be worked out and when you do figure them out you still have to get some break or a couple breaks along the way, Not even the '72 Dolphins who finished with a perfect season had things go perfectly all season long, They had to get some breaks

The staff has shown that they do recognize changes need to be made and have made them accordingly...For instance....Herron starting or getting more touches rather then an underperforming Richardson

Your point is true. It takes all 53 players to win the game. Believe me I know how hard it is to win. I'm in the NBA but that solely more on individuals skills with 5 players. I can just ball hog and win the game. But in football you need your WHOLE team to play as one to win the game.