Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• So you don’t really agree with most?
    • Whether I've heard of them or not is irrelevant. What's relevant is that our coaches can lead our team to a SB win. You can bash me because of my lack of knowledge all you want. The real question is, do you trust Ballard to hire coaches over 31 other teams? Do you trust Frank Reich's word that these guys are good? You are being positive and trustworthy just for the sake of it too. I don't trust anyone for us until they prove they can do their job at the highest level, in the NFL and on the Indianapolis Colts.
    • Joe Tiller coached future HOFer Drew Brees at Purdue.  He's the father of "basketball on grass."  One of the most brilliant offensive coaches of his generation with an outstanding coaching tree.    I say this with no disrespect, but the fact that you haven't heard of someone is pretty meaningless.    Your responses regarding the listing of several coaching legends, together with your reactions toward the several up-and-coming NFL coaches that have been named in this thread, has established you're pretty much only familiar with a few household names that virtually every casual NFL fan is familiar with.   If that was the criterion by which all coaching decisions and hires were made, no coach would ever move up the ranks and have the chance to become successful.    Sirianni was pretty much a nobody before the Colts hired him.  He's still only 39 years old.  Now he's the HC of the Eagles.  Eberflus had never coordinated a defense before he got to Indy.  I'm guessing you had no idea who Gannon was until he was hired away.    In sum, there's no reason to be overly negative about things just for the sake of being overly negative.  It may be more rewarding to expand your horizons and learn more about the game and how many great coaches permeate every level of it.  Some coaches that you perceive as "bad" because of their tenure with a certain team go on to do great things in a different environment.  Same can be said for coaches that you've never heard of (which is seemingly a pretty big list).  That's the nature of the business. 
    • I've never heard of any of these guys besides Levy and Kush, so I have no idea if they are even good or not.
    • No problem on the length of the post.   I did know of Dodds in 2012 when I started following the NFL Draft closely most because of the draft that the Seahawks did that got them Wagner and Wilson. It was looked very poorly upon early and criticized before being graded the best draft in 2012 after the season was over. You are correct I didn't know of Morocco Brown until Ballard signed him from the Redskins.    To me, it is pretty much SB or bust now. I went through 14 years on the Colts with Peyton, a top 3 QB of all time, and only won one SB because we shared the conference with the greatest coach/QB combination of all time. Fast forward a year when we are fortunate to get another franchise QB, Irsay hires a GM/Coach combo that has no idea what they are doing, we don't protect Luck, he gets injured, and he retires not only halfway into his career at 29.   Now QBs like Mahomes, Watson, Mayfield, Allen, and Lamar are either elite QBs for other teams in the conference, or leading their teams to the playoffs every year. Meanwhile, we had a one year band-aid with Rivers, and he retired on us. We lost our LT to an early retirement, we lost a decent amount of coaches, and we'll probably lose at least one of Dodds and Brown next year. For what? A playoff win in 2018?   I paid my dues as a fan with Manning and Luck. A top 3 QB of all-time and a top 5 QB that retired in his twenties. 20 years combined and one SB win. That's it. I was robbed of 10 years of QB play from a top 5 QB that would of kept us contending right now if it weren't for a shoddy GM. I don't want to go through this part of the journey anymore. I want to contend every year. I want to win another SB. 1 SB win with 20 combined years of Manning and Luck isn't good enough. 
  • Members