Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• For all of you who were screaming about the Colts taking Jordan Love a few drafts back, please never do that again.  I get so tired of hearing the Colts HAVE to draft a QB and guys like Jordan Love have all this potential.  So, how would Chris Ballard and Frank Reich look now if he was our QB?  Would they even still be here?  Please understand a golden rule. Picking a QB in the first round doesn't guarantee a franchise QB.  In fact, more times than not, the player is a bust.  To get a real "franchise" QB, the Colts are going to have to luck into an Andrew Luck type by either being terrible, trading many draft picks to move up, or get lucky and find a sleeper.  And I diagree with guys like Kevin who say the Colts HAVE to pick a QB in the next years draft. I think Ryan will play 4 years at a high level So it wouldn't make sense. I would rather the Colts either have the #1 pick with an Andrew Luck player there OR pick someone in the 2nd/3rd round and get lucky with that person.  But please no more Jordan Love/Malik Willis/Justin Fields/Kyle Trask talk.  Taking someone raw in college and grooming them into a top NFL RARELY happens. I would say Josh Allen is the ONLY one I can think of recently. Most of the time, they are busts.   Jordan love is a TERRIBLE QB. I said that before the draft and I stick to it.  You gotta know what you are watching!
    • Anyway. Think the Colts will take it all the way to the deadline? Question for everyone.   Quite a few claims already, a trade.   You know Ballard is always looking at everything.
    • Jared….   You ask some interesting questions.  Does Frank Reich REALLY like his WR room?   Wouldn’t he like a better WR2?    Fair enough.    I suspect he’d love a better #2 and an improved WR room.   But perhaps not as much as you think.    Why?   Because Reich and Ballard are mostly joined at the hip.   And Ballard defers to Reich for almost all offensive weapons.  Look at the decisions.    2019: Reich wanted Funchess and Parris Campbell.   Ballard got them.    2020: Reich wanted Rivers, Pittman, Taylor, Eason.    Ballard got them all.    2021:  Reich wanted Wentz and Granson and Ehlinger.  Ballard got them.    2022:  Reich wanted Pierce and Woods.  He got them both.    All these are on the videos you love so much.  And the my way or the highway comment was said tongue in cheek.   Not serious.  Ballard has said over and over he wants input from everyone.  That it’s a collaborative effort.  One segment this year was titled: “Everyone has a role.”   It’s one of the reasons why guys like Dodds and Brown are still with the Colts.  Their input is highly valued.   Chris Ballard trusts Frank Reich and gives him the players he wants.  He’s giving the cook the groceries he asks for.   And for his part, Reich understands the limits of the salary cap and the limits of a small market team.  There’s only so many dollars to be spent.  So,  if you believe in the young players then you have to give them the opportunity to prove themselves one way or the other.  Reich and Ballard work well with each other.  There’s trust and respect there.    I think you’ve blown this way, WAY out of all proportion.  A complete misread.   Sorry. 
    • I liked because mistake admission. Always respect that.     Covered all angles in this thread now.   You were right and you were wrong.
  • Members

• J@son

J@son 1,543

• w87r

w87r 6,087

Moderators
    • T-Cubed

T-Cubed 2

• jmac_48

jmac_48 468

• johnmart2k

johnmart2k 0