Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• They got another ring out of it BUT they really should have tagged Jimmy even though it would be a ton of money to do so. Once you have identified the QB you don't give him away.
    • i was hoping they would draft one of Tua, Herbert or Love in that order    would have swamped firsts and traded a future first to get Tua or Herbert.
    • When did we start comparing Mahomes with Rivers? I thought we were talking about roster deficiencies, and since ours major holes right now are at WR and DE (presumably), I was pointing out that Mahomes doesn't have to overcome those deficiencies. Those are actually strengths of the Chiefs roster.   But yes, of course, Mahomes is the man that makes it happen. He's the best QB in the league, the most dynamic player in the league, and as long as he's healthy his team will be relevant in the AFC. Rivers wasn't as talented as Mahomes is during his prime, and now Rivers is 37 years old. 
    • It's not about giving him a pass. It's about saying stuff like 'Ballard's teams have a losing record' or 'what's he doing at QB,' which is nonsense.   They took Eason in the 4th, then spent the summer talking about how he needed to win a spot on the active roster. I don't think anyone is looking at Eason as "the guy." It would be cool if things worked out that way, but I think it's a mistake to count on it. If we still had Luck, and drafted Eason, he'd be viewed as a developmental guy who might have some value for us at some point. That's how I view him now.   As for Herbert, realistically speaking, we would have had to get up to #4. Neither the Dolphins nor the Chargers were moving from #5 or #6. That conversation probably starts with two firsts. I really like Herbert, if we were gonna move up for a QB I would have wanted it to be for him, but it's hard to imagine Ballard giving up the haul it would take to get there.    We do need a long term solution. I'm just saying, until September of last year, we thought we had a long term solution. It's been one offseason without Luck. It's not a massive failure on Ballard's part that we didn't find "the guy" in 2020. Like you said, gotta put a pin in it for right now, and we'll see what happens next offseason.
    • Great point that says a lot.   I've believed throughout the past two seasons that Ballard himself thinks less of his roster and draft success than the fans do.  I don't think his moves last season had anything to do with thinking the Colts were close to a SB.  I think he brought in a competent QB like Rivers because he could not last another season with such incompetent play like JB.   IOW, he brought in Rivers to be able to go 8 and 8 and be competitive in the losing games while still building the roster...part of which was reloading on his whiffs..  Avoiding a repeat the second half of last season where the Colts were terribly outmatched any time the other team chose to put on the gas.   He wouldn't have trade for Buckner unless Buckner could play for another 5 years.  It wasn't a mortgage the future to win now trade of a first round pick. 
  • Members