Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst FFB loss...share yours

cmgww

We all have one. A terrible loss. Whether it's losing by .01 point bc of a stat adjustment, or getting blown out by an opponent who has players with career days, or missing the playoffs bc of something ridiculous...

Share them here. My worst happened this season and left me out of the playoffs.

Going into the last regular season week, I was in a 3 way tie for the final (8th) playoff spot. Win and I'm in. Lose and opponent X loses his game, I am backing in...lose and opponent Y wins his game, I am out.

So I have a great day. Best all year. 163 points in a Yahoo standard scoring league. That is a damn good day for pretty much anyone. Well, my opponent scores, I kid you not, 213 points! He had nearly every player in the 30s point wise. Even his defense (SEA) had 15.

Well, hell, guess I need opponent X to win his game. Well, he is already in the playoffs and doesn't bother to replace his TE (Julius Thomas) who was out that week...week 13 when they played the Chiefs. Manning needs a decent day, but they go ground and pound and I lose by like 1.2 points...missing the playoffs. All bc the guy who is already in doesn't put in a backup TE. That stung.

Cherry on top, the guy who scored 213 points to beat me, he lost in the 1st round of the playoffs, scoring 79 points. Wow.

I guess the worst nightmare I had was losing 4 of my top players to IR and one to a suspension. That's been a few years ago but it still lingers in my mind. I didn't do too good in our FF league this year because of missing out on the draft due to being in the hospital. I hate computer picks! :bag:

I lost a game to my cousin (who I had never beat) by like .4 points on a garbage time two point conversion on Monday Night Football with Dez Bryant catching a pass from Kyle Orton. The thing is is that the Cowboys were already losing by like 20 points and the two point conversion attempt wasn't even necessary!!

My worst loss was when I went into my church league's championship game in the 2012 season with a 26 pt lead with Pierre Garcon and Dan Bailey to go vs the Redskins on SNF with my opponent having Alfred Morris. I was 2 time winner going for a 3-peat. That was when Romo was the December choke artist.

Alfred Morris gets 41 pts in week 17 and beats me, thanks to Romo throwing a pick close to his own 20 yard line which led to a 3rd TD for Morris and 200 plus yards. I lost by 6 pts.

I am playing the same guy 2 years later in a rematch of the finals and want revenge. So far, I am leading by 68 pts with him having Lynch, Emmanuel Sanders and Connor Barth to go and I have C.J.Anderson to go.

First off, never again will I take any Colts players in fantasy football. I should have known better because of their history of sitting starters toward the end of the season. I had Luck and Hilton this year, which helped me get the #1 seed with a record of 11-3 but they screwed me in the championship game by sitting Hilton and then benching Luck in the 3rd quarter. 

Anyway, I had Luck, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster, Greg Olsen, Hilton, Julian Edelman, Kelvin Benjamin, Mohammed Sanu (helped me while Green was injured),  Denver DEF and Bryant as my kicker. I demolished teams throughout most of the season with a total of 7 blowout games and never had under 100 points until week 10, where half my roster was on bye. lol The bad news is that there was some cheating going on in our league. One guy traded another one a bunch of elite players (Laveon Bell was one) for a bunch of average players. 3 of us voted against the trade but apparently no one else was paying attention so it went through. That guy ended up with Philip Rivers, Laveon Bell, CJ Anderson, Megatron, Alshon Jeffrey, Antonio Gates and later picked up Odell Beckham. Obviously he was the guy I had to play in the championship.

People in my league said there is like a curse on that #1 seed and every single person who has had it in the last 7 years had lost badly in the championship game. I laughed until the championship game actually happened and I watched as everything that could possibly go wrong, DID go wrong.  :woah: First he had RG3 set to play instead of Rivers so I was happy about that. But then I came home before the Redskins game and noticed he had put in Rivers, who proceeded to have his best game of the season with 4 TDs.

* Then I discovered that Julian Edelman and TY Hilton were sitting out so I had to put in Harry Douglass and Montcrief, who didn't really do anything.  Naturally, Julio Jones who was questionable all week, found a way to get out there and get over 100 yards, taking away almost all of Douglass's production.

* I watched as Jamaal Charles was limited throughout most of the first half and almost completely taken out of the offense in the second half as they had to throw a lot. He ended up with 1 FF point.

* I watched as Foster was robbed of a couple chances to score near the goaline because Case Keenum apparently thought he was Peyton Manning and kept throwing the ball on every down. Foster didn't get a single TD until he actually had to throw one himself. And btw, Foster > Keenum at QB. lol

* I watched as Cam Newton once again sucked the FF production out of Kelvin Benjamin and Greg Olsen. Its amazing how when Anderson starts, both Benjamin and Olsen have big games but when Newton is in there they don't do nearly as well. 

* Then the big one.... The guy who has been reliable for me all year long, Andrew Luck, has his worst game of the season on the day I need him the most. And against a mediocre defense even..... What the hell. 

And on the other side, I watched as everything seemed to fall into place for my opponent. I remember one moment in the Steelers game where they were near the goaline and on two downs Roethlisberger made perfect passes to Steeler recievers and both were dropped. And on the second one, which should have turned into a 4th down, a phantom holding call was given to a KC player, which gave them another chance. And naturally, Bell ran it in for a TD on the next play...... This kind of stuff just seemed to happen all day. 

In the end I lost 51-133 which was my worst loss in the 6 years I have been playing FF.  :bored: But I still won $200 for second place so it wasn't a total loss.

My worst loss was when I went into my church league's championship game in the 2012 season with a 26 pt lead with Pierre Garcon and Dan Bailey to go vs the Redskins on SNF with my opponent having Alfred Morris. I was 2 time winner going for a 3-peat. That was when Romo was the December choke artist.

Alfred Morris gets 41 pts in week 17 and beats me, thanks to Romo throwing a pick close to his own 20 yard line which led to a 3rd TD for Morris and 200 plus yards. I lost by 6 pts.

I am playing the same guy 2 years later in a rematch of the finals and want revenge. So far, I am leading by 68 pts with him having Lynch, Emmanuel Sanders and Connor Barth to go and I have C.J.Anderson to go.

Right now, I am leading 127-83 with C.J.Anderson to go. My opponent has Emmanuel Sanders and Connor Barth. I need revenge for that 2012 loss, in a bad way.

Right now, I am leading 127-83 with C.J.Anderson to go. My opponent has Emmanuel Sanders and Connor Barth. I need revenge for that 2012 loss, in a bad way.

Then you already won. There is no chance of them scoring 50 points, plus whatever Anderson scores, which will probably be at least 16. 

I've only played for two years so I don't have a lot to work with, but my worst loss definitely came in Week 9 of this year. I had a five game win streak and never lost another after this game. I had been manhandling teams and went up against a guy that started TWO inactive players and scored 87.5 points...beating me by about 9.5. My entire team except for Antonio Brown played terribly. I had two double digit players, Antonio Brown and Russel Wilson. The latter only had 12 points. It was rough.

The worst part about it was that I had Odell Beckham sitting on the bench and he scored more than enough to make up the difference. It was early on in his career and he was against the Colts so I just assumed Michael Crabtree, Ben Tate (who was playing quite well at the time), or Andrew Hawkins would be a better play. I was wrong in every way possible.

2 championships sealed tonight out of the 4 leagues I was in. I participated in 3 ten team leagues and 1 twelve team league.

2 championships in 2 ten team leagues, 3rd place finish in the third ten team league and 6th place finish in the twelve team Colts elite league but made playoffs in every single one of them. A few moves here and there, I could have won all 4 of them but you live and learn.

• 3 weeks later...

i was dominating majority of league i was comfortable in 3rd and seem i had book my spot in playoffs with a seven game win streak  then  chip Kelly started hating ertz and my flex production dried up , and only won one of my remaining games and one of my losses was the guy in my division who i   beat by 25 who had tom brady and second in my division for most of the year, that loss gave him the lead in the division as we were tied with a week to go . i finished fourth but did not make the playoffs because it was division based and i was second in my division with 8-6 record  , and one of the division was nfc west , two teams with 10 plus wins , a 12 and 2 team and 11-3 team who my team blew a 45 point lead in mnf . this was keeper league .and then in playoffs i want old dallas cowboys and finshed 8th

• 2 weeks later...

I lost on both the Immaculate Interception game (last play of the week, I had the Packers D), and had 36 points up on my brother going into MNF and Cam Newton scored 37 and beat me by one.

Are you familiar with fantasy baseball ? If so here's one for the ages. My son and I were in a league that cost $1500 to enter. The difference between 1stand 2nd around $6,000 plus another $2,000 in side bets. It was a yahoo league that allowed 1500 innings pitched . Bad software allowed guys to get to like 1499 !/3rd innings and then drop a whole bunch of pitchers on the last day and pick up average to lousy pitchers that were staring on the last day of the year. Sometimes you do this as a player , sometimes you don't as it can hurt your ERA and whip because generally these guys that were not on a team are often bad pitchers. T+You usually do it if you trail in the standings and it's a last ditch effort to make up points. 

That said , we were in first place by a bit going into the last day. The player in second had picked up 10 crap pitchers scheduled to start on the final day. Two of the pitchers were pitching in the same game .. so he had a possible 9 wins. The normal expected win rate from that 9 was portably 2 or 3 at most. The first 3 games produced 1 win for him. At that time it was pretty evident he need to get 6 wins out of the remaining 6 pitchers going to pick up 2 points in the standings and beat us by 1/2 point. One by one he proceeded to rack up 6 fore 6 and beat us out of 9K. Odds were probably upwards of 100-1 against him winning 7 of 10 starts wit only 9 possible wins because of 2 guys going in the same game.

Are you familiar with fantasy baseball ? If so here's one for the ages. My son and I were in a league that cost $1500 to enter. The difference between 1stand 2nd around $6,000 plus another $2,000 in side bets. It was a yahoo league that allowed 1500 innings pitched . Bad software allowed guys to get to like 1499 !/3rd innings and then drop a whole bunch of pitchers on the last day and pick up average to lousy pitchers that were staring on the last day of the year. Sometimes you do this as a player , sometimes you don't as it can hurt your ERA and whip because generally these guys that were not on a team are often bad pitchers. T+You usually do it if you trail in the standings and it's a last ditch effort to make up points. 

That said , we were in first place by a bit going into the last day. The player in second had picked up 10 crap pitchers scheduled to start on the final day. Two of the pitchers were pitching in the same game .. so he had a possible 9 wins. The normal expected win rate from that 9 was portably 2 or 3 at most. The first 3 games produced 1 win for him. At that time it was pretty evident he need to get 6 wins out of the remaining 6 pitchers going to pick up 2 points in the standings and beat us by 1/2 point. One by one he proceeded to rack up 6 fore 6 and beat us out of 9K. Odds were probably upwards of 100-1 against him winning 7 of 10 starts wit only 9 possible wins because of 2 guys going in the same game.

Wow that is insane. Is that illegal what the other guy did? You should check out Matthew Berry's book on fantasy, it lists a lot of crazy losses like this including a guy who worked for the Marlins but had the Mets pitcher they were facing the next day buying shots and getting the Marlins drunk the night before. His opponent in the end had the Marlins pitcher so he sabotaged his whole team for one night of getting drunk and won the championship the next day.

Wow that is insane. Is that illegal what the other guy did? You should check out Matthew Berry's book on fantasy, it lists a lot of crazy losses like this including a guy who worked for the Marlins but had the Mets pitcher they were facing the next day buying shots and getting the Marlins drunk the night before. His opponent in the end had the Marlins pitcher so he sabotaged his whole team for one night of getting drunk and won the championship the next day.

No .. not illegal , just crappy yahoo software .  We now play in two great baseball leagues that we go to Vegas to draft. You can't believe how much better and more skill involved than fantasy football. You have salary caps , guys you draft before they reach the majors which are farm players that you can activate if and when they reach the majors... just tons more than FF. I'll look for that book.

• 1 month later...

Worst regular season loss was when Tom Brady took 3 kneel downs on MNF and i lost by 0.04.

Worst playoff loss was 2 seasons ago when i had a 20.5 point lead and all opponent had left was Justin Tucker. Who as you may remember kicked 6 field goals including the GW 61 yarder.  My opponent bought a Tucker jersey and wears it all the time when he comes around

• 3 weeks later...