Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You'll laugh at this Geno Smith comment

RockThatBlue

Geno Smith: 'I've shown flashes of being a Pro Bowl-caliber quarterback'

mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24878425/geno-smith-ive-shown-flashes-of-being-a-pro-bowl-caliber-quarterback

Too funny lmao

Why can't Geno at least  be accurate like "I put the I in interceptions?" That would at least be believable & universally accepted among the NFL masses.   

Geno Smith: 'I've shown flashes of being a Pro Bowl-caliber quarterback'

mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24878425/geno-smith-ive-shown-flashes-of-being-a-pro-bowl-caliber-quarterback

Too funny lmao

He's just trying to remember things Rex has told him.

'I show flashes of being a pro bowl QB'

I still remember like yesterday in the draft when Deion Sanders interviewed him right after was selected & he told Prime Time he was gonna lead the Jets to the Playoffs in his rookie year. 

Sigh...I was like dude don't take the bait man & he steps right into the media bear trap. Clearly, not his finest hour.

But, like AMF said "Only the Jets ..." There's a reason their franchise is called gangrene you know.

It slowly takes away your confidence with each loss. Hades, even the great BB was smart enough to only be a Jets head coach for only 1 day which adds to his brilliant intellectual mystique. 

Even Jacksonville with their history of QB missteps under HC Jack Del Rio, finally got a franchise QB named Blake Bortles eventually vs the Jets who still can't find a replacement for Joe Namath even now. 

If I had to guess....    he's probably made a few very good plays,  and his coaches have probably said something like "that's the kind of play a Pro Bowl caliber quarterback makes!    You make more of those in a game, and someday you can be a Pro Bowl level quarterback!"

Just something to talk him up.    And poor Geno has clung to those words.

He'll be 40, 45, 50 years old and telling the neighborhood kids that he could've been a Pro Bowl quarterback.

Kinda sad.....    (but still kinda funny too!)