Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recieving Corps going in to playoffs

Nesjan3

Thoughts on what we should do about our recievers going In to the playoffs? With Wayne hurt and possibly going to IR and maybe not back for playoffs, Nicks has pretty much been invisible, That leaves Hilton, Moncrief, Allen and Fleener as reliable targets. I feel we need a solid number 3 WR to make a run though.

Thoughts on what we should do about our recievers going In to the playoffs? With Wayne hurt and possibly going to IR and maybe not back for playoffs, Nicks has pretty much been invisible, That leaves Hilton, Moncrief, Allen and Fleener as reliable targets. I feel we need a solid number 3 WR to make a run though.

We need to cut down on turnovers or we won't win the first wildcard game. Fleener is nothing more than

a tall WR so those four guys would do just fine with Nicks as backup.

We need to cut down on turnovers or we won't win the first wildcard game. Fleener is nothing more than

a tall WR so those four guys would do just fine with Nicks as backup.

Fleener is really good against a lb and somehow that tall of a man gets lost in coverage, but as far as a #3 wr I dont feel he has the ability to break away from a cb or safety. Definitely for griff coming up

From the looks of it Reggie isn't going on IR. If he does play through this it basically means he's retiring at the end of the season too, but if he were to go on IR I'm actually comfortable with a receiving corps of Hilton, Moncrief, and Whalen, with Nicks as our 4th.

From the looks of it Reggie isn't going on IR. If he does play through this it basically means he's retiring at the end of the season too, but if he were to go on IR I'm actually comfortable with a receiving corps of Hilton, Moncrief, and Whalen, with Nicks as our 4th.

As much as I love reggie, if he is hurt and cant catch the ball he is going to bring the team down and he and the coaches should realize this

Fleener is really good against a lb and somehow that tall of a man gets lost in coverage, but as far as a #3 wr I dont feel he has the ability to break away from a cb or safety. Definitely for griff coming up

He has had a good amount of downfield catches but I definitely agree with Whalen being back

on the team. He is better than Nicks IMO.

He has had a good amount of downfield catches but I definitely agree with Whalen being back

on the team. He is better than Nicks IMO.

Fleener has been getting open against corners and safeties, just as much as linebackers. He's not a WR, but he's a legit receiving threat against a variety of defenders, and he seems to be getting better.