Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My time in clevland

CantBeStopped

I wanted to get on here and let yall know how my time in clevland went. We left northern indiana around 6 am and got to clevland around 11;30-12. parking was fairly easy. We just used one of the many garages they had available to park in. It was only 10 bucks which wasnt too bad. We saw alot of blue jerseys there, which was nice to see at an away game. Being my first away game, I expected some heckling by their fans. All in all, they were actually very nice respectable people. We were surrounded by browns fans in our section. Only one couple were really bad. It was a lady and man that sat right next to me. They ran their mouths the entire game. Kept talking crap about us trent richardson. I had to speak up and say, "what did you get in return? I Qb that is riding the bench and will never be that good." The lady then proceeded to tell me that he was better than our Qb and I about died laughing. Other than those 2 people everyone else shook our hands and congradulated us on our win.

Now for the play of our team. It was hard to hear my guys get booed as they leave the field after warm ups and halftime. I'm not used to that at all lol. We played one of the worst halfs ive seen in awhile. The strip sack, interception and just not being able to move the ball at all or create a pocket for our qb. Then Harrion went down with a stinger or something. Insert AQ Shipley. You could immediately tell the difference. Luck had more time to step up and throw the ball. Then when holmes came in it was like our Oline was finally awake. I'm not saying those to are stars. But they made a huge difference in our Oline play yesterday. I was feeling so bad for reggie. He was dropping everything that came his way. You never see that out of him. They got the ball back with 30 something seconds left and only down by one. Everyone started to get up and leave. You could tell they are used to being let down in clevland. One big throw and they could win the game on a field goal. But instead they were already leaving the stadium. We beat a clevland team that is one of the best ive seen in a long time. They are a good qb away from being legit contenders with the defense and josh gordon and jordan cameron.

It was a very enjoyable adventure. I would make it again and encourage anyone else to do the same. Felt very prideful walking out of there with a big W. Now lets take these texans next week and give them an indy beat down. Lock up the division and get ready to host a playoff game! GO SHOE :blueshoe:

post-368-0-85541400-1418064359_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Been to many Browns games when I lived up there. Saw Bert Jones in his first game. Fans were always cool.

Looked like a lot of empty seats. My buddy said a lot of people go inside and watch the game on TVs in the club area. Because it's so cold. Might as well stay home.

It's always cool to see respectable fans that you can talk to an have conversation with. I live in Colorado so i go to colts games every time they come to Denver, and i have never had a problem with fans when Orton/Plummer/Tebow or whomever is quarterback. But I went to the Denver game week 1 this year, and those bandwagon fans have the nastiest hatred for Andrew Luck. Telling me he's a bust and Manning is worlds better and how much we suck; it really was a terrible experience. Hilarious though whenever we scored they got so f***** scared

haha the birds were all over the place! Yea she said manziel was better and i laughed. After the TY tipped int and we got the ball back. She stated i hope he fumbles it again. Thats when i looked at her and said i couldnt take anything she said serious because she didnt know the difference between an int and fumble. Then she told me she wanted to punch me in the face

"Only one couple were really bad. It was a lady and man that sat right next to me. They ran their mouths the entire game. Kept talking crap about us trent richardson. I had to speak up and say, "what did you get in return? I Qb that is riding the bench and will never be that good." The lady then proceeded to tell me that he was better than our Qb and I about died laughing."

Did that lady that sat behind you say anything about Andrew Luck & TY Hilton on that game winning TD Can'tBeStopped? Ah silence, such a beautiful retort to a roady smack talker. LOL! 

I'm glad you had a good time & that most Cleveland fans were nice to you & complementary about our QB & team in general. 

"Only one couple were really bad. It was a lady and man that sat right next to me. They ran their mouths the entire game. Kept talking crap about us trent richardson. I had to speak up and say, "what did you get in return? I Qb that is riding the bench and will never be that good." The lady then proceeded to tell me that he was better than our Qb and I about died laughing."

Did that lady that sat behind you say anything about Andrew Luck & TY Hilton on that game winning TD Can'tBeStopped? Ah silence, such a beautiful retort to a roady smack talker. LOL!

I'm glad you had a good time & that most Cleveland fans were nice to you & complementary about our QB & team in general.

actually as soon as we scored they got up and walked away. I found that pretty comical. With30+ seconds left down by 1 and 2 timeouts left why would you leave?!

I wasn't happy about that Jim Leonhard pick of Andrew's pass at all, but Luck always takes responsibility for interceptions so I can't stay angry at Chewbacca very long. 

Besides, I know how good that Browns defense is & that DB Joe Hayden is a DB stud so I knew this game was gonna come down to the wire. It would have been a spectacular game to see live. 

An excellent game to see in the flesh CBS. I love winning tight games like this despite 2 INDY turnovers. It shows a lot of grit & tenacity for our franchise. 

actually as soon as we scored they got up and walked away. I found that pretty comical. With30+ seconds left down by 1 and 2 timeouts left why would you leave?!

2 reasons: 1. Decades of losing/disappointment so fans there are used to it & 2. Fan confidence in Brian Hoyer is dwindling quickly in recent weeks. 

Part of me feels sorry for Browns fans because they are a good blue collar working state who deserves a gritty team that refuses to die like Pittsburgh & I thank myself everyday we have Andrew Luck who overcomes bad field position with his legs, arm, & superior football I.Q. 

Slightly off topic: 

I must say that I really like John Lynch as an NFL broadcaster too. 1 hades of a strong safety who always hit the opposing ball carrier like a freight train at maximum speed & John knows the mental side of the game exceptionally well. 

He's very knowledgable, tells intriguing stories from his Tampa Bay & Denver days, & he's a darn nice guy. Lynch is 1 of my favorite TV analysts. 

Glad you got to go.

Only question: 

What's up will all the pigeons/birds?!? They were all over the camera angles in the first quarter. 

By the way, the camera work in that game was atrocious, so good thing you actually went to the game. 

The stadium is literrally right on Lake Erie.  Has to be the reason for the # of birds.

I wanted to get on here and let yall know how my time in clevland went. We left northern indiana around 6 am and got to clevland around 11;30-12. parking was fairly easy. We just used one of the many garages they had available to park in. It was only 10 bucks which wasnt too bad. We saw alot of blue jerseys there, which was nice to see at an away game. Being my first away game, I expected some heckling by their fans. All in all, they were actually very nice respectable people. We were surrounded by browns fans in our section. Only one couple were really bad. It was a lady and man that sat right next to me. They ran their mouths the entire game. Kept talking crap about us trent richardson. I had to speak up and say, "what did you get in return? I Qb that is riding the bench and will never be that good." The lady then proceeded to tell me that he was better than our Qb and I about died laughing. Other than those 2 people everyone else shook our hands and congradulated us on our win.

Now for the play of our team. It was hard to hear my guys get booed as they leave the field after warm ups and halftime. I'm not used to that at all lol. We played one of the worst halfs ive seen in awhile. The strip sack, interception and just not being able to move the ball at all or create a pocket for our qb. Then Harrion went down with a stinger or something. Insert AQ Shipley. You could immediately tell the difference. Luck had more time to step up and throw the ball. Then when holmes came in it was like our Oline was finally awake. I'm not saying those to are stars. But they made a huge difference in our Oline play yesterday. I was feeling so bad for reggie. He was dropping everything that came his way. You never see that out of him. They got the ball back with 30 something seconds left and only down by one. Everyone started to get up and leave. You could tell they are used to being let down in clevland. One big throw and they could win the game on a field goal. But instead they were already leaving the stadium. We beat a clevland team that is one of the best ive seen in a long time. They are a good qb away from being legit contenders with the defense and josh gordon and jordan cameron.

It was a very enjoyable adventure. I would make it again and encourage anyone else to do the same. Felt very prideful walking out of there with a big W. Now lets take these texans next week and give them an indy beat down. Lock up the division and get ready to host a playoff game! GO SHOE :blueshoe:

Been to several road games over the years and I can absolutely agree that leaving the stadium after a win on the road just feels different (better) than at home.  Of course, have been on the losing end a few times and walking out after those games is not too fun.   

Slightly off topic: 

I must say that I really like John Lynch as an NFL broadcaster too. 1 hades of a strong safety who always hit the opposing ball carrier like a freight train at maximum speed & John knows the mental side of the game exceptionally well. 

He's very knowledgable, tells intriguing stories from his Tampa Bay & Denver days, & he's a darn nice guy. Lynch is 1 of my favorite TV analysts. 

I loved John Lynch as a commentator. He wasn't overbearing or way too talkative. He gave good insight, and was very knowledgable. Love it.

I had numerous people saying to me after the game how lucky indy is to go from manning to luck

Does this mean that every Colts fan should send QB Curtis Painter $5 for playing so horribly in 2011 to guarantee a top draft pick the following year?

View it [our financial donation] like a secret santa charitable contribution to the needy? Just Kidding CBS! That way, he too can have a Merry Christmas as well. I kid; I kid. 

Been to several road games over the years and I can absolutely agree that leaving the stadium after a win on the road just feels different (better) than at home.  Of course, have been on the losing end a few times and walking out after those games is not too fun.

We were in Nashville the last two years. The first year, no one expected us to win and Ballard had that great play. Last year was the Thursday night game where they had the big lead and we came back to beat them

I almost feel sorry for the Titan fans, they want a winner so bad but now they're starting to expect defeat.

You're right, it's fun walking out a winner but there's nothing worse than walking out of your own house watching visiting fans celebrate.

We were in Nashville the last two years. The first year, no one expected us to win and Ballard had that great play. Last year was the Thursday night game where they had the big lead and we came back to beat them

I almost feel sorry for the Titan fans, they want a winner so bad but now they're starting to expect defeat.

You're right, it's fun walking out a winner but there's nothing worse than walking out of your own house watching visiting fans celebrate.

Nashville is our normal road trip but this year falling between the Holidays will mean we don't make it down there.  Great town to have a good time in and most trips down there have resulted in Colt wins.  Was also at both the games you mentioned.  Remembered in 2012 telling the Titans fan we sat next to that the next decade + for them will be difficult with Luck at QB.

Nashville is our normal road trip but this year falling between the Holidays will mean we don't make it down there.  Great town to have a good time in and most trips down there have resulted in Colt wins.  Was also at both the games you mentioned.  Remembered in 2012 telling the Titans fan we sat next to that the next decade + for them will be difficult with Luck at QB.

Cold, weren't they!

We're still debating that game. Depends on the weather, we're less that two hours away so we can wait till that day. Tickets will be dirt cheap.

We'll be in Indy Sunday for our family outing. Dinner at St Elmo's after the game! Saw Cory Redding there last year.

How old was the girl and was she scary looking or pretty.  Did she have white teeth?  Let's profile this girl and figure out why she is so mean.

Wow. I've always rooted for the Browns, but I've always assumed that their fans would be pretty brutal. That's good to hear.

They're pretty brutal to one another... I was really bored so I joined a browns forum to see what they had to say. The amount of vulgar and obscene language used towards each other was mind blowing haha. I mean were all pretty chill towards one another here, it is all out war over there. Funny to read though haha