Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

report on guards in 2015 draft ?

La'el Collins, G/OT, LSU 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 321. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.40. 
Projected Round (2015): 1-2. 

12/6/14: Collins has been decent for LSU in 2014 as both a reliable pass-protector and run-blocker. He has some vocal supporters who claim he's a top-10 pick, but some of his critics think he should play guard or right tackle in the NFL. 

In speaking with multiple NFL teams, one says Collins has a second-round grade and views him as a guard. Another feels Collins can be a very good guard who plays right away and possibly develops into a tackle, while a third team feels Collins is a right tackle who could go late first, but more likely in the second round. They all feel he needs to improve his technique. Collins could help himself by performing well at the Senior Bowl. 

Laken Tomlinson, G, Duke 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 330. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.18. 
Projected Round (2015): 3-5. 

12/6/14: Tomlinson wasn't really challenged yet by an elite tackle. However, he has blocked well for Duke. Tomlinson is a strong run-blocker who has to improve his pass protection for the NFL. Sources said that Tomlinson received a grade well into Day 3, but the team that likes him enough to ultimately draft him could end up taking him on Day 2. Tomlinson is a gifted athlete with surprising agility and quickness for a big blocker. He carries his weight well and has some strength to him.  give his size and weight he fast.

Vadal Alexander*, G, LSU 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 342. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.29. 
Projected Round (2014): 2-3. 

12/6/14: Alexander had a strong season. He was a powerful run-blocker, yet reliable in pass protection. Alexander had a strong showing against Florida and did well versus Ole Miss

Vadal Alexander*, G, LSU 

Height: 6-6. Weight: 342. 

Projected 40 Time: 5.29. 

Projected Round (2014): 2-3. 

12/6/14: Alexander had a strong season. He was a powerful run-blocker, yet reliable in pass protection. Alexander had a strong showing against Florida and did well versus Ole Miss

This is a guy who I like for our team if comes out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now