Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts are really good......

Deano1818

The Colts are really good. My hope is they win this week by 100

Is there any way the Ohio State Buckeyes don't deserve to be on the final 4?

FSU wins another squeaker.....

I would HATE to be on the selection committee...... There may be riots in Columbus

(And a small one here at my house in Texas :). )

The Colts are really good. My hope is they win this week by 100

Since 2007, 3 of the 5 teams that led the NFL in YPG & PPG have reached the Super Bowl. Colts lead both categories. 

And what does this have to do with Ohio State?   :)  haha.  Actually this is the only post in the thread that is related the thread topic so far -- and a nice encouraging stat too.

I ask evert OSU fan the same thing: Why is RCU less deserving? If TCU was #3, why should they fall two spots (operating on the assumption Florida State makes it)?

Even though I'm a Buckeye, I understand that this is a Colts forum, so I won't get involved.

But I have to ask, who is RCU?  

I ask evert OSU fan the same thing: Why is RCU less deserving? If TCU was #3, why should they fall two spots (operating on the assumption Florida State makes it)?

To which I might ask why is TCU #3 to begin with?  Seems like kind of an arbitrary rating.  Could easily juggle any of TCU/Baylor/OSU/FSU in that spot.   Somebody had to be there last week and it happened to be TCU due, I would suppose, to strength of victory against strong opponents.  So the final week of where TCU clobbers a 2-10 team and OSU routes the a strong  #13 team 59-0 -- this certainly closes the gap between the two.  The very criteria that helped land TCU into the #3 spot works against them in the final week of the season because they played a weak opponent.

Still hard to imagine TCU above Baylor when there is a head to head loss.  Sliding OSU into the #4 spot and FSU #3 avoids the whole head to head issue between TCU/Baylor and you'd have a hard time saying OSU wasn't deserving of one of the spots.

To which I might ask why is TCU #3 to begin with?  Seems like kind of an arbitrary rating.  Could easily juggle any of TCU/Baylor/OSU/FSU in that spot.   Somebody had to be there last week and it happened to be TCU due, I would suppose, to strength of victory against strong opponents.  So the final week of where TCU clobbers a 2-10 team and OSU routes the a strong  #13 team 59-0 -- this certainly closes the gap between the two.  The very criteria that helped land TCU into the #3 spot works against them in the final week of the season because they played a weak opponent.

Still hard to imagine TCU above Baylor when there is a head to head loss.  Sliding OSU into the #4 spot and FSU #3 avoids the whole head to head issue between TCU/Baylor and you'd have a hard time saying OSU wasn't deserving of one of the spots.

I do not understand the logic of the committee on the bolded.  If Baylor had a worse record than TCU maybe, but not when they have the same record.  

Edit:  Also, the Big 12 commish was very soft not declaring Baylor the Big 12 champions given the victory over TCU.

Right now I see we're a joke.... thats what I see. And I honestly feel Hou may come back to snatch the division. They have a very favorable schedule. Where we still have Dallas AT Dallas. And then Houston at the end. Plus we're so inconsistent in our play. Look great 1or2 weeks and then terrible the next. Its very sad!

You can't move TCU down 2 spots for a 52 point win. You cannot move FSU down for being undefeated and beating the #11 team. If OSU wants to complain, tell them not to lost by 14 to an awful team at home. They sealed their fate.

Don't think OSU is complaining at all now

We aren't a joke......

We just seem to be unprepared most weeks

This week the defense started ok...... The offense.... Not so much

Harrison looked pathetic before he was hurt

Oh..... And the Buckeyes will beat bama

Yep its those constant inconsistencies that right now make us a joke. It one performance one week and another the next.

This type of game is the sign of a good team.....as off as Luck and the O was....they still made enough plays to win. On the road and against a team fighting for their season....

Oh and notice how the Colts were able to move the ball once the refs started calling penalties on the Browns dbs

This type of game is the sign of a good team.....as off as Luck and the O was....they still made enough plays to win. On the road and against a team fighting for their season....

Oh and notice how the Colts were able to move the ball once the refs started calling penalties on the Browns dbs

After the finish of the game, I would very much agree with you.

On the road, against a team with a winning record as well as a and loud crowd, the Colts found a way to win.

They seemed again to be unprepared at the start, but came through

Other notes:

Keep Holmes at guard. He seemed to settle down and play solid football

Give Boom some more carries

The defense played very well

Not the best effort..... But they found a way to win

Ohh burn with the RCU typo! My interests lie in the Big 10 - it's better for me that Ohio State got the nod. TCUs fall is totally bogus - I cannot image OSU fans would think of any scenario where they are #3, beat anyone by 50+ points, and fall to 6th. I think TV loves the sound of Ohio State versus Alabama to TCU or Baylor vs Alabama, and that more than anything explains the "magic" of the selections.

Well, after that game, I am convinced that we are anything but good. We may be lucky, but we are definitely not good.

Yeah... sadly I'd have to agree on that conclusion. Only reason we won because Clevelands lack of an offense. They missed on two easy TDs over the top. Had they cashed in on just one of those they win. I would hate to see our record if we played in say... the NFC west. Maybe 5 wins.... With constant inconsustencies of this team, I just can't take em seriously. Instead of being consistently consistent at being as a good team. We're consistently inconsistent! Whether it on offense, defense or both. The same pattern just keeps repeating itself and repeating itself. It's gonna kill us come playoff time, bank on it.