Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Browns Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Can anyone not say it is Russell Wilson right now?
    • The bolded isn't meant to be, it's meant to be a temporary overreaction to vent. Nothing more, nothing less. 
    • I can't wait for the day when people stop saying this sort of thing.  Bottom line is Grigson left the Colts in worse condition overall than he found it, despite taking over after the lost 2011 year without Manning.  Yes, he went 8-8 in 2015 with 5 QBs.  Then he went 8-8 again with a full year of Andrew Luck.  Grigson was not good.  Please stop romanticizing it...
    • That was an excellent play by Luke Rhodes and an excellent punt by Sanchez.  As Reich said in post-game interview, we fired on all cylinders today (it would have been nice to have another TD or two instead of relying on FGs, but both our P and K looked good along with the vast majority of the rest of the team).     MAC had that hand injury most of last year which is why he was mainly limited to being a blocker.  He seems to be exactly the type of TE Rivers likes and is used to.  I was glad to see Rivers keep his faith after the interception which bounced off MAC's chest. Also glad that Rivers' only INT was clearly not on him, he made good decisions and looked good most of the game.   _________________________________   I didn't think that Campbell injury looked that bad.  I hope it's not, as he showed flashes week 1 and it's obvious Rivers likes him.     I didn't think TY looked very good last week and that drop he had yesterday was pretty bad.   Of all our 'stars' he is the only one who is really worrying me so far.  I hope there isn't an underlying issue there.   Was pretty shocked to see Blackmon play so well (honestly, I didn't think we'd see him in live action until at least October -  pretty remarkable that he's ~9 months out from that knee injury, missed basically all live drills in training camp and filled in for Hooker at that level).   I also thought Willis looked better than I have seen him play... I will have to rewatch a bit to figure out if that was due to the pass-rush, the improved play of his fellow defensive backs or if he really just played better on his own.     While it's not too thrilling that Mack is done for the year, it was reassuring to see we're in good hands with Taylor/Wilkins/Hines.  I think Taylor will get even better as he gains more experience.... also, a shocking stat to me is that it was the first game since 2010 where we had both a 100 + yard runner and 100 + yard receiver (Taylor and Alie-Cox -- the first since Addai and Garcon did it Oct 17, 2010 against Washington).     In all, I think our O definitely gave other defensive coordinators more to worry about -- 1) Rivers showed he still has arm strength and can throw a deep ball (hopefully TY or whoever is targeted doesn't continue dropping them), 2) Our run game looked solid, like others I'd like to see Taylor's ypc increase, but he showed enough flashes to put fear in other defenses and Wilkins looked very solid, 3) we used Mo Alie-Cox as more than a blocker, which has to be scary for other teams when they see he average 22+ yards per catch, 4) Our biggest weapon from week 1 (Hines) was barely utilized - I'm not sure that'll be the trend going forward and I trust Reich and Sirianni to come up with solid/diverse game plans, but yesterday I thought we saw more balance and versatility than we did week 1.     On D, we were like a whole different team.  And, TBH, I think MInnesota has a better offense than Jax.  I do think Cousins misses Diggs, but I think the Vikings WR corps is as good or better than Jax, whereas Cousins is greater than Minshew.  We shut them down almost completely.  
    • I'm predicting we'll win this game by some points.
  • Members

• Flash7

Flash7 2,667

• CurBeatElite

CurBeatElite 986

• Moe

Moe 49

• DraftMaster

DraftMaster 709

• Catloaf

Catloaf 146

• DynaMike