Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Browns Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I banned myself from the board after the game because all I wanted to due was rag on Reich after the game. I thought a week away would temper my opinion, but it didn't. I agree that this is Reich problem, agree that some players need to play better, but also know the players weren't prepped well, and the game plan did not put them in the best position to do well.    Reich's game plan was boneheaded. I'm not quite sure which was worse, last year's Miami game, or last weekend. I have zero problem with passing more than throwing, but we had more than twice the passing attempts than rush attempts. That's just dumb against Jax, it's uber dumb for the first game, and super duper dumb when you have our OL and RBs. We won in time of possession, and had 27first downs compared to 17 of theirs and still lost. 85 rushing yards on 21 attempts, even with Mack going down, is just silly.    And while I didn't think it was smart giving up an easy 3, the play calling was just horrible. 1) Using your APB instead of Mack or Taylor, 2) going over the LG is predictable, 3) last year we were more successful over the RG and right in general on running plays. 4) if your gong to use your scat back, at least hit the edge or use misdirection. Those combined 4 things are just incredibly bad. And still would have been bad even if we scored.    On D, again we gave up way too much cushion. Sure some DBs made mistakes, but our Charmin soft zone again made a 2nd rate QB look like a surgeon. Jax has zero running game (they only had 72 RB yards), and their starting RB1 is a UDFA. To allow them success running in the first half was inexcusable. And to not play more aggressive press man vs a guy like Minshew is another    Rivers - I don't mind 1 INT per game, especially if a QB is throwing 300 yards. The first INT, I can understand a bit. Rivers got fooled when Henderson handed off his man to the S and came back to help double TY. It was a great call by the DC, and was kind of a set up as Henderson was typically sticking to his man. There's a good vid on youtube showing the Xs and Os of the play. I'll also say it was not a typical clean/quick route by TY. It's was a 7 route releasing from the inside. TY did a little lazy juke fake inside and then went out. The lazy look of the turn bothered me less than effort he had on the ball. Normally TY is a sharp aggressive cutter, and fights for the ball. The hole route/effort just looked un-TYish. You could tell by some of the lazy routes of the other WRs that this play was always going to TY (look at the left inside route). Anyway, I'm tired of trying to call plays for TY, or forcing plays to TY, when we had so much success elsewhere. The 2nd INT was come from behind stuff late in the game which most QBs suffer from. His fault, but should have never been in that position in the first place. He owned it. I expect better things.   OL - Our OL looked bad at time vs a mediocre Jax DL. On the 4th down stop of Hines, Nelson got shed like a rag doll. Hines should not have been running that in the first place, and going over the LG was predictable, but Nelson can't look that bad if he's going to live up to his rep. Stupid call by Reich, bad job by Nelson.    DBs - Moore to me was the biggest disappointment. Certainly didn't live up to his billing. No DB played good, but at least Rock wasn't as bad as the rest. IMO, the game plan and scheme contributed to guys looking bad. So tired of the Charmin soft zone. Once again, giving up that much cushion made a mediocre to bad QB look like an all star.    
    • Ballard addresses weaknesses every off season. Every year, a new position group just sucks. The following draft, and FA, he goes out and does something about it.    I get the frustration. But every year someone talks like this.    It is quite hard to find the right players all the time, and 31 other teams are competing for these players. Its not like Ballard has his pick of the litter, and your comment makes it sound like that isnt the case at all, just that he hasn't addressed it.    If you were talking about letting Desir go, I'd agree with you, i dont get that, but everything you said is pure frustration and nothing else. 
    • Normally I’m am against any of these big name trade or older trade ideas, but this one I could actually get behind. The age worries be a bit but if we could get him for a couple years, it’d give us a one two punch at TE like we need. 
    • Man, total bummer he is hurt but few of us are surprised.  I personally hope he is not resigned even on an incentive based deal. Every year he is hurt and his best season was barely over 1k yards without a top 5 OL that played the entire year.   He has given the Colts the best he could and his career will be downhill from here and will most likely be out of the league after 2-3 more seasons.  It’s unfortunate but this happens with RBs all the time. Please just move on and cut losses bc talented employees that never  live up to their potential are more aggravating than the bad ones. 
  • Members