Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Wow.  Like eerie wow.   But I still like what I saw in the Tennessee game (yes, even with the INT's).  For the first time in I don't know how long, he actually looked like an NFL qb going down field.  That's why I hope he doesn't back down because of those INT's.  Maybe it was a step forward to finally cut loose. 
    • I agree with most of your post, not bashing JB at all, like you I have all the respect in the world for him.  He was put into a hard position, stepping in when Luck called it quits, but after watching him on game day, and reviewing the tapes of the games other forum members have posted in here, it seems obvious he has not improved much, if not at all.
    • Yeah, you’re right in your original post that there were people questioning whether or not he’d make the roster though. Especially with Fountain ballin out in TC. Man, that injury was even more unfortunate looking back. I really hope he can carve a role out for himself here.
    • I get your point, I am sure Ballard agree's. JB even by my eye ball test doesn't suck. We are just used to Peyton and Luck. Ballard may draft a QB and to be honest I would be happy if he did but not in round 1. He may get a gem in round 2 or 3 or so.
    • I don't think either of us can say exactly how Ballard does, or does not, look at things. We know some basics though. We know both he and FR are stats guys, and Ballard has grown the analytics team since coming to Indy. We know one of Ballards core responsibilities is build a team that not only wins, but also one that fills seats and generates revenue. We also know he loves leadership and the "right guys".   I think we both agree that Ballard is a very smart guy. He knows everything about JB. He knows his flaws from college, he knows every stat that has been laid out by all of us here, plus probably a bunch more. He knows exactly what last year's team and players did, and the difference in their performance to date this year.   I agree that the FO didn't get to evaluate JB under perfect/ideal situations, but frankly that never happens. He's not going to give pure grace for injuries, and disregard that JB still has a big problem with missing wide open guys regardless of who they are. He sees it all, and a lot more. And I'm sure he knows sometimes you have to make a call without ideal input/evaluation.    I do think that Ballard will do what ever he does, and we'll likely never know all the past, current, and future variables he may weigh. I just know where I'd put my money.
  • Members