Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts VS Browns predictions

RockThatBlue

No..

Play Nelson every week.

I do. My problem/question is who do I bench for Moncrief?

The 5 spots I have are filled by

Jordy Nelson

Brandon Lafell

Boom Herron

Latavius Murray

Andre Williams

Moncrief is on the bench. So leave the lineup like that, or bench someone for Moncrief?

I do. My problem/question is who do I bench for Moncrief?

The 5 spots I have are filled by

Jordy Nelson

Brandon Lafell

Boom Herron

Latavius Murray

Andre Williams

Moncrief is on the bench. So leave the lineup like that, or bench someone for Moncrief?

I'm not good at fantasy man. My only problem with Moncrief is that he still shares snaps with Nicks. Luck only seems to target him a few times a game. So if he isn't open.. His stats will look dreadful.

I'm not good at fantasy man. My only problem with Moncrief is that he still shares snaps with Nicks. Luck only seems to target him a few times a game. So if he isn't open.. His stats will look dreadful.

haha thanks anyway. Forum Member Narcoys thinks I should bench Murray and start Moncrief 

Man, I'm shaky on starting him in fantasy

3 catches last week and the 2 big ones were pitiful blown coverages

Andre Williams

Murray from OAK

And Boom Herron

Jordy Nelson

Brandon Lafell

All the players I started in the WR/RB department. Idk where Moncrief fits lol

It wasn't blown coverage. They knew who to cover he just had more speed.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Colts lost this one honestly. I'm not picking that outcome though, it'll be close, because the only position the Colts have a clear advantage at is QB. They'll win a lower scoring game than most think it'll be by 3 or 4 points. 

You sir are HIGHLY mistaken if you think our ONLY advantage is QB.

1) Colts are #1 in total offense at 438.2 YPG

- Browns rank #12th in total offense at 362.6

Here is another HUGE advantage the Colts have.

2) Colts are #6 in 3rd down conversions at 45%

- Where to the BROWNS rank ?? As absolutely CLOSE to last as you can get at #31 with a meek 32%

3) Colts are #1 in total points at 382

- Browns rank #22 at 252

Back to that 3rd down stat here....DEFENSIVE side now

4) Colts give up only 34% on 3rd down conversions to opposing offenses ranking #2 overall.

- Browns give up only 36% on 3rd down ranking #5 overall.

-- However, Colts are considerably better converting the 3rd down here. We nearly match what they average on offense converting as our defense gives up...so we are likely to consider this and interpret it to mean Colts will be BETTER against the browns than what they have given up this year.

5) Colts are #5 in the league in sacks

- Browns are #24

6) Colts rank #5 in redzone scoring attempts at 4 per game

- Brown rank #11 in redzone scoring attempts at 3.6 per game

7) Colts rank #1 in points per field goal attempt at a perfect 3.0 per attempt (the only team to be perfect still this season)

- Browns rank #27 in points per field goal attempt at 2.3 per attempt.

-- What this means is Vinatieri is awesome he converts 100% (25 of 25) of his field goals this year while Cundiff is at 77.8% (21 of 27)

Should I keep going? :)

However...there is really only ONE concern I have with the Browns. They are #1 in BOTH Interceptions AND Pass Deflections with interceptions by a wide margin. When you REMOVE Vontae Davis out of the equation he ranks #1 in total pass deflections in the league with 21. Next in line? None other than Cleveland Browns CB Buster Skrine at 18.

Joe Haden of the Browns is tied for 3rd with 17 and Mike Adams of the Colts is tied for 7th at 14 (pretty close to a wash here).

Cleveland CLEARLY has the better advantage at Cornerback EVEN if Vontae Davis was playing. 

So for me the only thing I can say is Andrew Luck has GOT to be on his top game here...he can't afford to make ill-advised or hasty decisions. In other words...TAKE CARE OF THE BALL!

Bottom line I still think the Colts win unless Andrew Luck isn't on the same page with the receivers.

Colts       30

Browns   27

Indy wins on a late Vinatierri FG....

I think this game will be harder than we expect....

I agree this game has high potential to be harder than (we the fans think). Sure statistically the Colts are nearly superior all over...but any given Sunday statistics just don't really matter much.

Touchè my friend on Vinatieri here...he's a perfect 25 of 25 this season and Cundiff hasn't been good...he's 21 of 27 ranked as a team 27th in field goal points per attempt.

I've read/heard this week that the Browns are 29th in stopping the run....   can we mount a ground game against them?

I've also read/heard this week that the Browns CB's are #1 in fewest yards allowed to opposing WR's.    Cleveland gives up something like 227 passing yards a game.    Can Andrew get a passing game going against good corners?

I think we'll have a real challenge on our hands.....

I expect a win,   just not an easy one.

I've read/heard this week that the Browns are 29th in stopping the run....   can we mount a ground game against them?

I've also read/heard this week that the Browns CB's are #1 in fewest yards allowed to opposing WR's.    Cleveland gives up something like 227 passing yards a game.    Can Andrew get a passing game going against good corners?

I think we'll have a real challenge on our hands.....

I expect a win,   just not an easy one.

I haven't taken a real good look at Clevelands schedule but my gut says they haven't even faced any respectable passers.  Maybe Matt Ryan.  I do respect some of the personnel they have, but when I take this into account along with the fact that they suck against the run, I am questioning in my mind just how much of those numbers are true when it comes to them defending the pass.

As I was writing I decided to take a look. Most of the competition was average, but I will give them Brees, Flacco, and Roethlisberger along with Ryan.  Not too bad.

I am predicting Richardson has 12 carries for 62 yards.....That's right 5.1 ypc ya read it right, I am predicting Herron has 15 carries for 70 yards. I would try getting that big D Line of the Browns consisting of Bryant, Rubin and Kitchen on the move laterally and send my rb up the cut back lane, I would also test the edges of there defense and Krugers and Mingos run contain discipline, I'd only use the Man Blocking when Wynn and Fua are subbed in the game I think, Mix in some Gap Blocking to

You sir are HIGHLY mistaken if you think our ONLY advantage is QB.

1) Colts are #1 in total offense at 438.2 YPG

- Browns rank #12th in total offense at 362.6

Here is another HUGE advantage the Colts have.

2) Colts are #6 in 3rd down conversions at 45%

- Where to the BROWNS rank ?? As absolutely CLOSE to last as you can get at #31 with a meek 32%

3) Colts are #1 in total points at 382

- Browns rank #22 at 252

Back to that 3rd down stat here....DEFENSIVE side now

4) Colts give up only 34% on 3rd down conversions to opposing offenses ranking #2 overall.

- Browns give up only 36% on 3rd down ranking #5 overall.

-- However, Colts are considerably better converting the 3rd down here. We nearly match what they average on offense converting as our defense gives up...so we are likely to consider this and interpret it to mean Colts will be BETTER against the browns than what they have given up this year.

5) Colts are #5 in the league in sacks

- Browns are #24

6) Colts rank #5 in redzone scoring attempts at 4 per game

- Brown rank #11 in redzone scoring attempts at 3.6 per game

7) Colts rank #1 in points per field goal attempt at a perfect 3.0 per attempt (the only team to be perfect still this season)

- Browns rank #27 in points per field goal attempt at 2.3 per attempt.

-- What this means is Vinatieri is awesome he converts 100% (25 of 25) of his field goals this year while Cundiff is at 77.8% (21 of 27)

Should I keep going? :)

However...there is really only ONE concern I have with the Browns. They are #1 in BOTH Interceptions AND Pass Deflections with interceptions by a wide margin. When you REMOVE Vontae Davis out of the equation he ranks #1 in total pass deflections in the league with 21. Next in line? None other than Cleveland Browns CB Buster Skrine at 18.

Joe Haden of the Browns is tied for 3rd with 17 and Mike Adams of the Colts is tied for 7th at 14 (pretty close to a wash here).

Cleveland CLEARLY has the better advantage at Cornerback EVEN if Vontae Davis was playing. 

So for me the only thing I can say is Andrew Luck has GOT to be on his top game here...he can't afford to make ill-advised or hasty decisions. In other words...TAKE CARE OF THE BALL!

Bottom line I still think the Colts win unless Andrew Luck isn't on the same page with the receivers.

That's all well and good, but most of those stats with the biggest disparities between squads reflect Andrew Luck's efficiency. As far as the D's 3rd down success rate, I hate to say it, because they only play who's in front of them, but Bortles, Whitehurst, Dalton sans Green, Fitzpatrick aren't world beaters. Heck, how many yards did Colt McCoy just throw for? I think it's safe to say that the D leaves plenty to be desired against upper tier competition and the 3rd down stat is inflated. The Browns probably aren't that, but I can see a fairly simple formula for them to compete. Run, run, toss it to gordon. Run, run, toss it to Jordan Cameron ect ect.

I really hate this match up. Really a must win for Browns , home in front of a packed house. Cleveland's weakness is rush defense which the Cots probably won't exploit. They have a great pass defense which is how you stop the Colts. If this is one of those games that the Colts are not highly motivated and playing their best .. I think it's a loss. Hate to say this but I'm thinking like 27-21 Cleveland. 

What do I win?

Rough game, but Wins count. (Other football cliche's ect..)

What? I don't think you was right here all the way. Go back and read #7 and then you'll know why we won this game and this was the reason why when it boils down to it. Change that outcome of #7 and this game was a loss.

But no doubt my friend...it was a super super ROUGH game to say the least I completely agree.

As I had mentioned for me it boiled down to us winning if Luck "took care of the ball" which he DIDN'T!! #7 saved our bacon here today.

I really hate this match up. Really a must win for Browns , home in front of a packed house. Cleveland's weakness is rush defense which the Cots probably won't exploit. They have a great pass defense which is how you stop the Colts. If this is one of those games that the Colts are not highly motivated and playing their best .. I think it's a loss. Hate to say this but I'm thinking like 27-21 Cleveland. 

I think I was mostly right on this game but I'm very happy to be wrong on what counted the most.