Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts VS Browns predictions

RockThatBlue

We are superior to the Browns.  The only concern I have about this game is us playing on the road, where we seem to play uneven. This feels like when we beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead last year. Toler on Gordon with a little help and we should be good.  They have nothing else offensively to contribute, especially if they can't get that running game rolling.  I think we'll be okay!

Colts 30 Browns 17-20 points.

We are superior to the Browns. The only concern I have about this game is us playing on the road, where we seem to play uneven. This feels like when we beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead last year. Toler on Gordon with a little help and we should be good. They have nothing else offensively to contribute, especially if they can't get that running game rolling. I think we'll be okay!

Colts 30 Browns 17-20 points.

If J. Cameron plays, it's gonna be problems. Colts can't cover good TE's if our ticket to the SB depended on it

@RapSheet: Without Josh Gordon in the lineup, Brian Hoyer has a 86 QB rating & 11-5 TDs-INTs. With him? 51.7 rating, 0-5 TD-INT. Acclimation takes time

@MaryKayCabot: #Browns Hoyer working extra with Josh Gordon to get on same page. 3 of his last 4 picks on balls to JG.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Colts lost this one honestly. I'm not picking that outcome though, it'll be close, because the only position the Colts have a clear advantage at is QB. They'll win a lower scoring game than most think it'll be by 3 or 4 points. 

Hoyer hasn't been consistent throwing to Gordon on deep routes. He has forced the ball to him (nagatively affecting Hoyer's play) and has targeted Gordon on many short and intermediate routes. We should be able to contain this. Gordon will get his catches, but hopefully will not wreck the game plan with explosive plays.

If we can contain the run, and run the ball, we should see a lot of success.

I don't get why we doubt Toler. He's shown he can cover and keep up with some good wide receivers. Is he Vontae? Well no, but as long as we get more of a pass rush than we had in freaking Pittsburgh I think he can hold his own. I would honestly look for Hoyer to pick on Gordy....which is scary. haha

Here is the solution guys. The Colts can plan for Vonte to be out now. Previous games when the defense struggled with him out was because he got hurt when he started the game. I expect the Colt's defense to prepare accordingly without Vonte and play at a top level come Sunday. Colts 35-21

Feed Moncrief and we will be fine.

Man, I'm shaky on starting him in fantasy

3 catches last week and the 2 big ones were pitiful blown coverages

Andre Williams

Murray from OAK

And Boom Herron

Jordy Nelson

Brandon Lafell

All the players I started in the WR/RB department. Idk where Moncrief fits lol

Here is the solution guys. The Colts can plan for Vonte to be out now. Previous games when the defense struggled with him out was because he got hurt when he started the game. I expect the Colt's defense to prepare accordingly without Vonte and play at a top level come Sunday. Colts 35-21

Hopefully we activate our pass rushers this game. More snaps for.... Forgot his name. The guy we got from the Titans lol

And of course Newsome needs to be a nuisance ;)

Man, I'm shaky on starting him in fantasy

3 catches last week and the 2 big ones were pitiful blown coverages

Andre Williams

Murray from OAK

And Boom Herron

Jordy Nelson

Brandon Lafell

All the players I started in the WR/RB department. Idk where Moncrief fits lol

Feed Moncrief next weekend against the Texans at home.  Texans will load up on TY leaving Moncrief in singe coverage.

Feed Moncrief next weekend against the Texans at home. Texans will load up on TY leaving Moncrief in singe coverage.

I'll take your word for it. Had him benched last week, 24 points came of that. Hoping I don't regret it again this week. It's playoffs for fantasy now

Slipped into the #5 seed after being 7th so really shouldn't even be in the playoffs. I'm the dark horse

I have little to no faith in the Colts winning this game now that Davis is out. That's how impactful Davis is.

Browns - 35

Colts - 30

Not only Gordon worries me, but Hoyer does. This is possibly his last chance at starting or he will lose his job. I expect Hoyer to bring it this game. He has too if he wants to keep his job.

This has all the markings of a tough game.

If J. Cameron plays, it's gonna be problems. Colts can't cover good TE's if our ticket to the SB depended on it

He is not on Gronks level, maybe somewhere near Jordan Reed or less to me.  We'll be okay against him, we've played him before when our defense was even worse.  He won't be too big of a factor.

Are we talking about the same Browns who lost to the Jags? The same Browns who won a nail biter over the 4-7 Falcons?  The same Jags whose QB is throwing pick after pick lately? 

I'm confused by some of the people in this thread who are walking around on egg shells because one WR they have in their entire garbage WR corps.  Are we really that bad?  The answer is no....

The only thing I fear is us laying an egg on the road because we seem to play uneven outside of our home.  I do not fear the Browns beating us because they are better.  I just don't!

Not only Gordon worries me, but Hoyer does. This is possibly his last chance at starting or he will lose his job. I expect Hoyer to bring it this game. He has too if he wants to keep his job.

This has all the markings of a tough game.

You are right, could be a very tough game, actually the next 3, Browns, Texans and Cowboys are all going to be tough.... Colts need to step up, they haven't clinched anything yet... not even a wildcard spot.