Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (- 3 1/2) @ San Diego (12-7-14)

oldunclemark

Did we watch the same QB? Factually speaking (see below), San Diego didn't fare very well when sending more than four. 

I see that said/written about Brady a lot, but he's pretty consistently in the top five or so QBs against extra rushers, year after year. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/99673/top-stats-to-know-patriots-23-chargers-14

1. Tom Brady recorded his 64th career 300-yard passing game and passed Dan Marino for the third most in NFL history. Brady is 46-7 career in December games. That's the best record of any quarterback with at least 20 December starts, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. He kept his cool against the blitz and went 7-of-11 for 110 yards and a touchdown against five or more pass rushers. 

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've done an excellent job and work hard at it. They are still improving and look to be hitting stride at the right time. It could be a scary good D when Hightower and Jones return. 

Rivers (like all the QBs the Pats have faced going back to the Denver game) just couldn't find anyone open on several plays. They cover really, really well. If Jones comes back and is close to 100%, they call ball with anyone. That's the huge difference this year... it's been a while since the Patriots could win anything if their offense wasn't clicking. 

Rivers (like all the QBs the Pats have faced going back to the Denver game) just couldn't find anyone open on several plays. They cover really, really well. If Jones comes back and is close to 100%, they call ball with anyone. That's the huge difference this year... it's been a while since the Patriots could win anything if their offense wasn't clicking. 

Yep. It also gives credence to the fact that Brady won all his SBs when his D could make it happen when the O could not in several key playoff games.

Yep. It also gives credence to the fact that Brady won all his SBs when his D could make it happen when the O could not in several key playoff games.

I think we've seen it so many times now... '07 Patriots, '13 Broncos... you generally can't take it all the way with just a one-dimensional offense, even if that offense is a record-setting one. 

The guys just terrible. they need to trade him while they still can and start Garopollo.  

Balance. If you don't score you can't win.

Defense. If the other team doesn't score, you can't lose! Plus great defenses get points or put the O in position to get points.

Overall defense is certainly the most important trait of a championship team...barring the Greatest Show on Turf, but yeah balance is key.

lol true that.

The Bruins are down like 5 defensemen this year, too. It's nuts.

Nice, didn't know if anyone on this board would ever wanna talk hockey, lol...  :thmup:

Claude's a little bulletproof still from 2011, but he's always driven me crazy with his overall philosophy. The Seguin trade still stings, too (since they basically got nothing of note in return for him). 

Nice, didn't know if anyone on this board would ever wanna talk hockey, lol...  :thmup:

Claude's a little bulletproof still from 2011, but he's always driven me crazy with his overall philosophy. The Seguin trade still stings, too (since they basically got nothing of note in return for him). 

I still can't believe the B's gave Tuukka such a ludicrous contract. He's decent but my god he just melts at the worst times and always against MTL of all teams.

Although can't pin most of the losses on TR....considering the B's are terrible at scoring.

I still can't believe the B's gave Tuukka such a ludicrous contract. He's decent but my god he just melts at the worst times and always against MTL of all teams.

Although can't pin most of the losses on TR....considering the B's are terrible at scoring.

The frustrating part is "lack of scorers" has been their problem for longer than I can really remember. They love these gritty, two-way players who fight in the corners but can't put the puck in the net. 

I'm not a Rask fan... at all. A buddy of mine and his family got a dog and named it Tuukka. I asked him, "So if you throw a tennis ball, does it go right by him?" (He didn't think it was funny.)

The frustrating part is "lack of scorers" has been their problem for longer than I can really remember. They love these gritty, two-way players who fight in the corners but can't put the puck in the net. 

I'm not a Rask fan... at all. A buddy of mine and his family got a dog and named it Tuukka. I asked him, "So if you throw a tennis ball, does it go right by him?" (He didn't think it was funny.)

I will never understand what in the world happened to Timmy Thomas. He was the toast of the town after that cup and then he flipped out with the president meeting and all the political stuff on FB. Made me want to cry. I just loved him. Rask is good but not on Timmy's level.

I will never understand what in the world happened to Timmy Thomas. He was the toast of the town after that cup and then he flipped out with the president meeting and all the political stuff on FB. Made me want to cry. I just loved him. Rask is good but not on Timmy's level.

That was such a once-in-a-lifetime run... Thomas won that Cup for them, hands down. But yeah, between his survivalist political views and his inability to keep said views to himself (at least until retirement... worked for Curt Schilling), he sort of hastened his own departure from Boston. 

That was such a once-in-a-lifetime run... Thomas won that Cup for them, hands down. But yeah, between his survivalist political views and his inability to keep said views to himself (at least until retirement... worked for Curt Schilling), he sort of hastened his own departure from Boston. 

Goal tenders in general tend to be a bit of a............unusual breed. Although in Tim's case he skipped the White House trip because he felt the government has gotten out of control. Quite frankly I agree with him.

TT was the better goal tender between he and Rask, no question. Not only in general, but he played at a whole different level during the championship run. Sadly his career went to die down on the Florida Panthers.

As for the Bruins being unable to score, Claude Julian has that "do what we do" mentality and it's absolutely maddening.

Goal tenders in general tend to be a bit of a............unusual breed. Although in Tim's case he skipped the White House trip because he felt the government has gotten out of control. Quite frankly I agree with him.

TT was the better goal tender between he and Rask, no question. Not only in general, but he played at a whole different level during the championship run. Sadly his career went to die down on the Florida Panthers.

As for the Bruins being unable to score, Claude Julian has that "do what we do" mentality and it's absolutely maddening.

Moose - he threw away his career over politics and social media. Maybe one of the worst falls from grace in Boston sports history. Made no sense. None.

Moose - he threw away his career over politics and social media. Maybe one of the worst falls from grace in Boston sports history. Made no sense. None.

The guy has more money than he'll ever need. Though goaltenders have more longevity than other positions in hockey, he was still pretty old even for a goaltender and nearing the end of his career anyway.

TT went out standing for what he believed in, although I do think for the sake of the team he probably should have gone anyway while under contract. (The team was invited, not him specifically.)  I don't blame him for wanting to thumb his nose at the government, though. Also keep in mind B's management didn't consider it a mandatory event to attend.

The guy has more money than he'll ever need. Though goaltenders have more longevity than other positions in hockey, he was still pretty old even for a goaltender and nearing the end of his career anyway.

TT went out standing for what he believed in, although I do think for the sake of the team he probably should have gone anyway while under contract. (The team was invited, not him specifically.)  I don't blame him for wanting to thumb his nose at the government, though. Also keep in mind B's management didn't consider it a mandatory event to attend.

It wasn't just the president meeting but his FB postings as well. Bruins told him to stop and he wouldn't.