Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 12/04 "Stretch Run"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   Sunday - the NFL enters the final quarter of the 2014 season.  The byes are over - and - it is time to separate the pretenders from the contenders in the playoff race.

:blueshoe:   As it stands now the AFC playoff picture looks like this:

AFC East - New England Patriots - #1 seed

AFC West - Denver Broncos - #2 seed

AFC North - Cincinnati Bengals - #3 seed

AFC South - Indianapolis Colts - #4 seed

San Diego Chargers - #5 seed

Miami Dolphins - #6 seed

:blueshoe:   Also mathematically still in the mix:

Kansas City Chiefs

Buffalo Bills

Baltimore Ravens

Pittsburgh Steelers 

:blueshoe:   Which team is the Colts MOST LIKELY opponent in the wild card round of the playoffs ??

:blueshoe: Sunday - the NFL enters the final quarter of the 2014 season. The byes are over - and - it is time to separate the pretenders from the contenders in the playoff race.

:blueshoe: As it stands now the AFC playoff picture looks like this:

AFC East - New England Patriots - #1 seed

AFC West - Denver Broncos - #2 seed

AFC North - Cincinnati Bengals - #3 seed

AFC South - Indianapolis Colts - #4 seed

San Diego Chargers - #5 seed

Miami Dolphins - #6 seed

:blueshoe: Also mathematically still in the mix:

Kansas City Chiefs

Buffalo Bills

Baltimore Ravens

Pittsburgh Steelers

:blueshoe: Which team is the Colts MOST LIKELY opponent in the wild card round of the playoffs ??

there are more teams than that are still mathematically in the mix

I can't speak to which team INDY will likely face, but I would like to see us go up against the Ravens because I've always respected Jim Harbaugh's teams toughness. 

I still don't think Pittsburgh's gonna make the Playoffs this year, but if they do, I want a 2nd crack at them for dominating us in the 1st encounter.  

Miami has a pretty significant 4 game stretch against Ravens, Patriots, Vikings, Jets.  I don't feel good about them winning enough games to stay in the same position they stand at right now. And it's hard to imagine SD staying in the same position when they have Patriots, Broncos, 49ers, Chiefs as the last 4 games.

The Steelers have Bengals, Falcons, Chiefs, Bengals as the last 4.  I could see them losing at least once to Cincy, and they could possibly lose again to either the Chiefs or the Falcons. 

The Chiefs have Cardinals, Raiders, Steelers, Chargers.  I think the Chiefs can win 3 out 4 so this is one team I select

The Ravens however have Dolphins, Texans, Jaguars, Browns.  If they can get past that Dolphins game with a W I can see them running the table.  Therefore I can really picture Baltimore getting into the playoffs as a possible opponent.

My gut based on the above says Bengals may lose 2 to 3 more games, so I feel Baltimore will come out on top in the North.  The other team will be  Kansas City.

So I'm assuming we will see KC again.

:blueshoe:   My humble opinion is that the two teams that have been the most consistent are the Chiefs & Ravens.  ALL of the other teams have shown schizophrenic tendancies.  Additionally - several of them have "killer schedules" the final four weeks of the season.   :blueshoe: