Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

?wayne, Garcon Both To Gain 1,000?

oldunclemark

At their current pace:

Reggie would finish with 943 yards

Pierre would finish with 1073 yards, which would be a career high. Well, actually he already has 805 yards and that's already a career high for him so no matter what he finishes with it will be a career high for him.

At their current pace:

Pierre would finish with 1073 yards, which would be a career high. Well, actually he already has 805 yards and that's already a career high for him so no matter what he finishes with it will be a career high for him.

But at Orlovsky's 'current pace'...He'll lead the NFL in passing yards for the final 5 weeks???? :D

At their current pace:

I know that Painter was looking to Garcon on almost every pass play if he could, so that stat isn't as surprising to me as the Reggie Wayne stat, but I wouldn't have expected either of these honestly.

i would guess that receivers have gained 1,000 yards on winless teams before but not two on the same team, right?

No clue but all you gotta do is check the Detroit season, since they're the only team that has gone winless through an entire 16 game season in the modern era of free agency and salary cap. :D

The question is: Did they have a 1,000-yard receiver..and I cant find out..

I don't think that question is relevant in a 14 game season, certainly not as a comparison to a 16 game season. That's why Jason is making a distinction between that era and this era.

I don't think that question is relevant in a 14 game season, certainly not as a comparison to a 16 game season. That's why Jason is making a distinction between that era and this era.

Sure its relevant.....if they did....

1,000-yarf rusher...1,000-yard receiver...

That's been the milestone for a leats a half century (dont ask me how I know)

I'm going to guess that winless teams before the 1950s (and I see now there were several) didnt even play 14 games and teams ran the ball 70-80% of the time in those days..

But certrainly if Garcon gains 1,000 (especially if he does it in 14 games) that would be notable, if only for the sake of irony considering who isnt playing,.

I just cant find stats from that far back..certainly not 1960...

And Superman to the rescue. Thank you Superman! :D lol

You could also say that a 1,000 yard season for a receiver really isn't what it used to be with the way rules are changing the game. I'm not in any way trying to diminish the accomplishments of Wayne and Garcon.

Yeah, if they did, that's notable. Doubt they did though. And I don't really care about such a dubious distinction, to be honest. Hope both of them pass that threshold, for their own sakes, but I'm still hoping we steal a win at some point.

1,000-yarf rusher...1,000-yard receiver...

That's been the milestone for a leats a half century (dont ask me how I know)

I'm going to guess that winless teams before the 1950s (and I see now there were several) didnt even play 14 games and teams ran the ball 70-80% of the time in those days..

But certrainly if Garcon gains 1,000 (especially if he does it in 14 games) that would be notable, if only for the sake of irony considering who isnt playing,.

I just cant find stats from that far back..certainly not 1960...

With the way the game has changed, a 1,000 yard rusher is much more of an accomplishment than a 1,000 yard receiver. Case in point, through 12 games there are already 4 WRs and a TE with 1,000 yards receiving. If trends continue for all teams and Reggie is able to make it to 1,000 yards then there will be 25 WRs and TEs to reach 1,000 yards this season.

With the way the game has changed, a 1,000 yard rusher is much more of an accomplishment than a 1,000 yard receiver. Case in point, through 12 games there are already 4 WRs and a TE with 1,000 yards receiving. If trends continue for all teams and Reggie is able to make it to 1,000 yards then there will be 25 WRs and TEs to reach 1,000 yards this season.

agreed..that's why the 5,000-yard passing barrier...isnt a big a deal now, IMO

still looking........but I dont think there were many 1,000 yard receivers PERIOD in the 1960s

agreed..that's why the 5,000-yard passing barrier...isnt a big a deal now, IMO

I also agree. It's just a matter of time before Marino's yardage record gets broken but breaking the record this time won't mean nearly as much or be nearly as impressive, imo, as when Marino did it. Especially considering how long that record has held up.

with the way garcon is playing he definitely deserves another contract... the colts need another player like garcon, i say let wayne test the market... he's a great players but it would be pretty nice if the colts had another receiver opposite garcon who wasnt JUST a possession receiver.