Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Intends To Apply For Entry Into The Nfl Draft

Just to silence any lone critics who said he'd stay in college.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

---

Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck said Monday night that he intends to apply for entry into the 2012 NFL Draft. When asked about his plans for next year, Luck told ESPN, "I think I'm going to hopefully play professional football if a team will have me." He then said he was "absolutely" prepared to go to the NFL after this season.

---

^ That's funny he's so humble about it. Nah, sorry Luck, I don't think any team wants you :P.

Certain sports commentators were talking about how Luck may not be the best player in the Draft anymore. The value of Luck has also diminished with how well Barkley and RGIII have been playing as of late. Their pick for the best player, in terms of impact, production; as well as the guy who should get the Heisman, was potentially Tyrann Mathieu of LSU, or Morris Claiborne - the latter of whom was left out of the discussion entirely, despite moving as high as #3 on some draft boards. While the former is ineligible (as far as I know), the latter would make an immediate impact, start for 10 years, and wouldn't come in with the hopes of being Aaron Rodgers one day.

Lets hope Griffin, Jones, and Barkley decide to return for one more season, so when the Colts trade that pick, Luck is very valuable! I watched Steve Young on Sports Center this morning and he said he thinks the Jags should draft another QB if Gabbert keeps playing the way he is. He talked about how important the QB position is, and how many teams need another quarterback or at least a back-up with all the injuries accross the league to starting QB's! This could mean great things for the Colts trading the pick!

Well your gonna have to become a fan of another team then. Mark my words. We will not draft andrew luck. You can take that to the bank!

How can you be so sure? I'd personally trade the pick. Not only do I doubt the need to draft a QB first, I don't particularly think Luck is the man for us.

He is not a fit for the Colts, he has pretty much reached his peak already, his ceiling is a lot lower than several others in this current draft alone! I think Luck will be good in the NFL similar to a Rothlisberger, minus the arm strength, but he's more valuable to the Colts, traded and not on the Colts!

Well your gonna have to become a fan of another team then. Mark my words. We will not draft andrew luck. You can take that to the bank!

Are you willing to stand by this? Lets say, that when the Colts do draft Luck and make you look foolish that you cancel your account here.

He is not a fit for the Colts, he has pretty much reached his peak already, his ceiling is a lot lower than several others in this current draft alone! I think Luck will be good in the NFL similar to a Rothlisberger, minus the arm strength, but he's more valuable to the Colts, traded and not on the Colts!

Wow, really??? Boy, the Luck haters just have to come up with complete nonsense to try and justify their agenda. Guy hasn't even been drafted in the NFL and has already reached his peak. Wow, just wow. This forum never ceases to amaze me!

His ceiling is not as high as others! He doesn't have amazing arm strength, he doesn't always squeeze balls into tight windows, he had a good run game around him most of his time at Stanford, was a mobile and tuff QB, and was over hyped. He has steadily regressed in his performance.. So you Luck Lovers never cease to amaze me with your love affair!

His ceiling is not as high as others! He doesn't have amazing arm strength, he doesn't always squeeze balls into tight windows, he had a good run game around him most of his time at Stanford, was a mobile and tuff QB, and was over hyped. He has steadily regressed in his performance.. So you Luck Lovers never cease to amaze me with your love affair!

You are just repeating what some of the wanna be "experts" claim as truth here. If any of what you just said had even a modicum of truth to it, then the real people who actually get paid to assess these players would be coming out of the woodwork to proclaim these nonsensical claims to make theirselves look like geniuses if it were to come true (which, it will not).

What in his game, if you really watch like I do, would prove that he is 100% the next great thing? To me he just doesn't have that WOW about him. Calling him a Rothlisberger minus the arm strength means I see a talented quarterback who is going to be good at the next level, because of his attributes...I just don't have him being GREAT! He is mobile and strong like Big Ben, and is very similar in game play, he is NOTHING LIKE MANNING, those comparisons are just absurd. He would not fit what the Colts currently do on offense.. he fits more of a pound the ball on the ground team, while there are still playmakers on the outside when they need to get vertical, like a 49ers, Jets, Browns if they got a WR in free agency, Seattle, even Miami. I recognize talent which he has, not quiet as much as you give him credit for, and fit, and he does not fit what the Colts currently do! Now if the Colts take him then Monte Ball, and some new offensive linemen then I could see more of a transition and the potential fit. I make my own opinions not what someone else says! Like apparently what you have with your Luck Love Affair!

To be honest, I don't really care what anybody here thinks about Luck, or if he "wows" anybody here or not. Truthfully nobody here don't know their rear ends from a hole in the dirt when it comes to talent evaluations. Every yr., people on forums talk about how this player or that player is gonna be great and want us to draft so and so and most of the times those players either make absolutely no sense for the Colts, or the player completely bombs out and becomes a nobody.

Is there a chance Luck don't become great? Of course there is, but in no way shape or form has he "reached his peak". Thats hard to do when he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. I have watched Luck since his redshirt freshman yr. and I thought to myself from the beginning that he was going to be the next best QB to come out of College since Manning. Does that mean im right? Nope, it sure don't, but nobody here on a football forum is gonna change my mind either.

It just seems like the people that really don't want Luck here, either feel like their cheating on Manning if they wanted Luck, or they make up stupid claims that aren't true and then the other haters fall right in line and repeat the same thing over and over.

And your soft serve self fallS right into the same mold of the LOVE AFFAIR WITH LUCK. I am able to see talent based on my own observations, whats to say you know talent over anyone else :edit: . The Colts have done Manning an injustice his whole carrer, not surrounding him with a proper football team, if he was on the Steelers or Ravens he would have 10 rings.. If they take Luck, Manning will not be back and he will lead a team like the 49ers who are a QB away from winning the Super Bowl to multiple Super Bowl victories, while your Luck love affair shows you he will probably be good, but he AIN'T MANNING! And every year im not on here making claims about talent, in fact this is my first year to the Colts Forum and my knowledge of the game far exceeds a :edit:

Mod note: No personal shots.

And your soft serve self fallS right into the same mold of the LOVE AFFAIR WITH LUCK. I am able to see talent based on my own observations, whats to say you know talent over anyone else . :edit: The Colts have done Manning an injustice his whole carrer, not surrounding him with a proper football team, if he was on the Steelers or Ravens he would have 10 rings.. If they take Luck, Manning will not be back and he will lead a team like the 49ers who are a QB away from winning the Super Bowl to multiple Super Bowl victories, while your Luck love affair shows you he will probably be good, but he AIN'T MANNING! And every year im not on here making claims about talent, in fact this is my first year to the Colts Forum and my knowledge of the game far exceeds a :edit:

Now you're going to call me names, well that shows great maturity. Oh well, thats ok. Thank you so much for gracing the forum with your awesome talent evaluating skills. I don't know how the Colts have been able to share your time with us here on the forum, Oh wait, nevermind!

Im not going to keep arguing with you, (I have fell into that trap before and it's just not worth it) because someone, such as yourself, (you know, Not a narrow minded individual) :rolleyes: can not and will not see anything beyond your own greatness.

Would you be willing to do the same if the Colts don't draft/trade Luck? ;)

Absolutely, I really could care less if I lost or not. Let the mods, be aware of it now. If we don't draft Luck, delete my account.

Im willing to stand by what I think, more than most here because most people just repeat what they hear from other posters.

Ironically you started the bashing and name calling initially...but are playing victim to it. You got mad that I called Luck a Big Ben type where his physical attriubtes and intangibles will make him a good QB, which is what I see in Luck, a good QB, I just don't see him as Manning! I see potential in other QB's in the draft and think it would be unwise to take Luck, when he would bring such a large bounty, especially with Manning looking as though he will be healthy. I think a QB to develop under Manning should be taken later in the draft or in the future. And you only see it as Luck or Nothing!

Ironically you started the bashing and name calling initially...but are playing victim to it. You got mad that I called Luck a Big Ben type where his physical attriubtes and intangibles will make him a good QB, which is what I see in Luck, a good QB, I just don't see him as Manning! I see potential in other QB's in the draft and think it would be unwise to take Luck, when he would bring such a large bounty, especially with Manning looking as though he will be healthy. I think a QB to develop under Manning should be taken later in the draft or in the future. And you only see it as Luck or Nothing!

Really??? You point out to me where I called you a name.

Nowhere did I get mad for you comparing Luck to Big Ben. All I was saying was that what people sitting at home playing on their computers think about Luck has absolutely zero bearing on my thoughts about Luck.

I don't care when some guy(not just you) sits at home and compares Luck to Big Ben, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russel, or whatever other comparison they want to come up with, when almost every single person that gets paid huge money and has yrs. of experience says he has all the tools.

I also don't see it as "Luck or nothing". I just believe the writing is on the wall that we will take Luck. If im wrong, im wrong, but doubt very much that I will be.

Lets hope Griffin, Jones, and Barkley decide to return for one more season, so when the Colts trade that pick, Luck is very valuable! I watched Steve Young on Sports Center this morning and he said he thinks the Jags should draft another QB if Gabbert keeps playing the way he is. He talked about how important the QB position is, and how many teams need another quarterback or at least a back-up with all the injuries accross the league to starting QB's! This could mean great things for the Colts trading the pick!

I would love to get Griffin or Barkley. I want them to come into the draft as this year, we could trade Luck and still get one of them +++...

I know if Manning comes back obviously QB won't be an issue that instantly needs filled however this years draft for QB's is to good to pass up assuming Griffin or Barkley come out.

Wow, really??? Boy, the Luck haters just have to come up with complete nonsense to try and justify their agenda. Guy hasn't even been drafted in the NFL and has already reached his peak. Wow, just wow. This forum never ceases to amaze me!

+1 brother. I know, you couldn't have said it any better. The hatred for Luck by some of these people on here is astounding and completely ignorant.

Absolutely, I really could care less if I lost or not. Let the mods, be aware of it now. If we don't draft Luck, delete my account.

Im willing to stand by what I think, more than most here because most people just repeat what they hear from other posters.

If we don't draft Luck, you might as well delete your account anyways because the Colts will be a losing team to root for, for the next decade. :P

I would love to get Griffin or Barkley. I want them to come into the draft as this year, we could trade Luck and still get one of them +++...

I know if Manning comes back obviously QB won't be an issue that instantly needs filled however this years draft for QB's is to good to pass up assuming Griffin or Barkley come out.

Trade down, acquire the bounty of picks for Luck, draft RG3 and let Griffin sit under Manning for 4 years.