Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has Boom earned the right to surpass Richardson on the Depth Chart?

ProblChld32

Zone blocking is what Boom gets so that's why the runs are there. We have zone blocking personnel trying to power block. I personally don't blame Trent about 75% of the time. There were holes opened up for him and he won't hit them. We have so many problems on the line. We brought guys in finally. We played two of the statically worst teams both in run and pass defense. Then you look the teams we've played that are statically good. 0-4 against those teams. People need to wait until the playoffs to get a chance to see if Boom is good running the ball. Same with Moncrief receiving.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Richardson is beyond pathetic at this point.     I mean it has been nearly 2 full years of action and he has been passed bye by EVERY single back who he competes with.    Ballard, Brown, Brad, and now Herron.   

But as far as drops go the entire team has a case of them really...    and have for a couple of seasons.   

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2014/

BUT...  Coby's are of the OMFG variety...   he whiffs on the bunnies and makes the hard ones.      Really concerning IMO.

That said I have been hard on Fleener, and I think it is deserved.    He just cannot drop "dimes" that Luck hooks him up with.

IDK...     I love this O but EVERYOne really needs to catch AND TAKE CARE OF THE BALL BETTER.  Includeing Andrew.

Dustin.....

Don't you think it's funny that according to whatever stats you subscribe to Trent Richardson has the 4th highest drop rate in the NFL and no one has ever talked about it?

I mean all the Trent hate here and no one talks about his constantly dropping passes?

We had no shortage of threads talking about Fleeners drops, or DHB drops or Donnie Avery drops or anyone else.

But we've had no threads on Trent.    Yet, you watch the Colts game on TV and no talks about his drops.   But they do talk about what a good receiver he is out the backfield.

I think your stats are nonsense.

I know you'll disagree.

Let's leave it at that.....

Well you not only said it here..  "and until Herron can go a game without fumbling I don't think he will earn more carries"  

But you just said it    there   VVVV

Im in no way shape or form defending Richardson...If you would read my countless other posts critiquing Richardson then you would know that.......Regardless......2 games....2 fumbles by Herron....Im sure that's a concern from the staff...Is the sample size to label him a liability...Of course.....I have no idea where in the hell you would get I said that...But the FACT remains in Herrons small sample size of runs those runs include 2 fumbles on only 58 touches, I expect that to cut down however and hopefully he can keep producing

By definition Gavin ....       Liability...   a hindarance or disadvantage, sonething that holds one back.

Is that not in fact EXACTLY what you said and are implying?

Give the dude a chance...     he is head and shoulders above TRich.

Well you not only said it here..  "and until Herron can go a game without fumbling I don't think he will earn more carries"  

But you just said it    there   VVVV

By definition Gavin ....       Liability...   a hindarance or disadvantage, sonething that holds one back.

Is that not in fact EXACTLY what you said and are implying?

Give the dude a chance...     he is head and shoulders above TRich.

I know he is better then Richardson, Hopefully he has the fumble issue under wraps for a while, 2 in only 58 touches isn't good

I know he is better then Richardson, Hopefully he has the fumble issue under wraps for a while, 2 in only 58 touches isn't good

There was also another fumble last week as well.   But the Colts recovered it.

So, my hunch is the Colts view it as 3 in 58 touches (even though we only lost two of them)...

I think this is a habit they'd like him to break ASAP.    I'm sure they'd like to give Boom an increased work load.   But if he can't be fully trusted yet with the ball -- then we've got a problem.    

They've got to get this straightened out before the playoffs.....