Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Is Most Likely To Replace Caldwell At The End Of The Season?

SilentHill

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so sure, I feel like he has a good shot, just look at Polians belief system in hiring from within,m or promoting from within.

I am not saying I am a big fan of tressel, (I am just a fan of anybody not named caldwell) but I felt something was fishy when they brought him in at the beginning of the year. Polian loves Ohio State, just look Gonzo is still on the team...

Nice try but none of that makes sense.

During Polian's tenure as a GM in the NFL, can you please list all the coaches/HC he has hired and how many of those came from within?

Dungy-Caldwell...

Only one that matters, Dumb move...

It seemed weird Tressel was brought in 'just to be a game day consultant'

Polian has said in several interviews (I know you can't really believe a word he says) that continuity is the key to success, so that is why I am saying it would not seem "OUT OF THIS WORLD" if Tressel suddenly became HC if & when Caldwell is let go...

I don't even like the idea of sweater vest being the colts HC, but I would not be surprised...

Dungy-Caldwell...

Polian has said in several interviews (I know you can't really believe a word he says) that continuity is the key to success, so that is why I am saying it would not seem "OUT OF THIS WORLD" if Tressel suddenly became HC if & when Caldwell is let go...

I don't even like the idea of sweater vest being the colts HC, but I would not be surprised...

I think it was a group decision. I think Tony felt he was ready also.

Not so sure, I feel like he has a good shot, just look at Polians belief system in hiring from within,m or promoting from within.

I am not saying I am a big fan of tressel, (I am just a fan of anybody not named caldwell) but I felt something was fishy when they brought him in at the beginning of the year. Polian loves Ohio State, just look Gonzo is still on the team...

1) The only hire from within the Colts made was with Caldwell

2) Gonzo still being on the team has nothing to do with where he went to college

3) Tressel is still old and not an NFL guy. No way they hire him to be the next HC.

You are correct, I just remember Polian's comments at the time supporting his belief in continuity & it being 'paramont to an organizations success or something to that point.

2) Gonzo still being on the team has nothing to do with where he went to college

That was a joke. But Gonzo is still on the team for reasons no one knowe

3) Tressel is still old and not an NFL guy. No way they hire him to be the next HC.

Tressel may be old, but he is now an NFL game day consultant, it would not surprise me if he gets the HC job if it becomes available this off season.

All I am is saying is I would not be surprised...

1. Not exactly. Chris Polian, I believe Christensen was promoted to his current position from within as well.

2. Maybe. Also look at all the other Ohio State players we've grabbed over the years. Quinn Pitcock, Roy Hall to name a few.

3. Age has nothing to do with it. I will agree that he hasn't ever worked at the NFL level but thats 50-50 sometimes with college coaches panning out in the league.

Dungy-Caldwell...

SURPRISE ! Caldwell stays, Christensen goes, Tressel OC.

Nah, not even I can say it with a straight face.....