Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is the word on Vontae Davis

hambone35

He needs to play next week.

I don't want to see Toler or Gordy trying to cover Josh Gordon.

I'd even go as far as to say, if Davis can't play this game will be a coin flip as to who will win.

Eh, looks like Johnny Football will be their QB next week. But yes, VD needs to be healthy.

Early analysis has concluded that it is indeed the bird that is the word.

The bird is greater than, or equal to, the word.

1 in 12 American's are unaware that the Bird is the Word. I for one, dream of an America where everybody knows that the Bird is the Word. lmao.

There is a possibility he might not be ready next week. Read the section titled "Days after the Game" for the steps/protocol in this article-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000253716/article/nfls-2013-protocol-for-players-with-concussions

The important takeaway is this sentence-

""The thing that I think is important here is you don't manage concussions by a calendar," Dr. Herring said. "Some guys may come back in a week. Some guys may come back in six weeks. These steps don't have an expiration date on them. The player's history of injury and other issues come into play.""

Could be a lot worse looked like it could have been a neck injury he seemed pretty alert so lets hope it wasn't a bad concussion

I am actually still convinced that it is a neck injury. He hit the middle section of the Redskins player with his helmet. I didn't think that was enough to rattle his brain enough to generate a concussion. Instead I saw how his neck bent a lot. 

I am actually still convinced that it is a neck injury. He hit the middle section of the Redskins player with his helmet. I didn't think that was enough to rattle his brain enough to generate a concussion. Instead I saw how his neck bent a lot. 

You can be convinced now.  And it is official he is in the concussion protocol and must pass all the neuro tests to be allowed to suit up.  Toler didn't pass them last week vs. Jags after his. Hopefully Vontae can.  But he won't even practice until he does, let alone play.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/11/30/colts-vontae-davis-concussion/19717255/

If Davis is full practice status on Friday, he'll likely be cleared to play.

Would not surprise me at all either his neck bent and compressed at the same time hope he alright we don't have any quality depth behind him .

You can be convinced now.  And it is official he is in the concussion protocol and must pass all the neuro tests to be allowed to suit up.  Toler didn't pass them last week vs. Jags after his. Hopefully Vontae can.  But he won't even practice until he does, let alone play.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/11/30/colts-vontae-davis-concussion/19717255/

If Davis is full practice status on Friday, he'll likely be cleared to play.

I am aware of that and it's based on Pagano's statement immediately after the game but I still have my doubts. That's OK. I hope Vontae is fine and he gets well enough to play next week.

Would not surprise me at all either his neck bent and compressed at the same time hope he alright we don't have any quality depth behind him .

You can get a concussion without being hit directly in the head. Violent neck movements like that are known to lead to concussions.

Also, the doctors who actually examine the player -- not to mention the years of training they have -- are probably more qualified to diagnose the situation than any of us who get to watch the game on TV. Not to be condescending, but how can you argue with the doctors about something like this?

You can get a concussion without being hit directly in the head. Violent neck movements like that are known to lead to concussions.

Also, the doctors who actually examine the player -- not to mention the years of training they have -- are probably more qualified to diagnose the situation than any of us who get to watch the game on TV. Not to be condescending, but how can you argue with the doctors about something like this?

I am not arguing with the doctors. I just expressed doubts based on what I saw. It's my personal opinion and I am willing to accept that is wrong if that's the case.

I am not arguing with the doctors. I just expressed doubts based on what I saw. It's my personal opinion and I am willing to accept that is wrong if that's the case.

Coach: Doc says he has a concussion.

You: I still have my doubts.

I mean, that's cool, you obviously can view a situation however you want. And I understand questioning it, to a degree. (I was sure Bradshaw had a concussion last year in the Niners game, and thought the coaches and medical staff missed it. I was wrong, of course.) It just seems like, once the game is over and the coach comes out and says that he suffered a concussion, that it would put all the questions to rest. JMO.

Coach: Doc says he has a concussion.

You: I still have my doubts.

I mean, that's cool, you obviously can view a situation however you want. And I understand questioning it, to a degree. (I was sure Bradshaw had a concussion last year in the Niners game, and thought the coaches and medical staff missed it. I was wrong, of course.) It just seems like, once the game is over and the coach comes out and says that he suffered a concussion, that it would put all the questions to rest. JMO.

I'm going to watch that play a few more times. When I finish , I will give you all my opinion on just what I think this injury is.

Well since Chuck Pagano is the coach and it's the team doctor who examined him that talked to Chuck I am going to go out on a limb here and say Pagano is right and it's a concussion. 

I'm was not saying the doctors are by any means wrong about the concussion but maybe his neck might be a little dinged up too . It was the first thing the trainers were checking out so I'm guessing he said something about his neck hurting .