Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where Is The One Win?

oldunclemark

At 0-12......we're running out of time to avoid the Hall of Shame.

Some of you think that going 0-16 will get the coach fired but it wont.

..and players Like Freeney and Mathis, Saturday and Wayne....do not deserve to have their names on arguably the worst team of all time..

...so with just four weeks left....

Can we beat Baltimore.....that would be ironic....

Tennessee appears to be getting stronger while Houston is just holding on....

..and we'll have 9 days to prepare for Jacksonville...but Green Bay will be 15-0 that day and the pressure will be on to avoid complete failure......

I'm looking at the final home game..a short week Thursday night against crippled-up Houston...

..that cold be the last best hope..

Any thoughts??

Beating Jacksonville is the only possible victory I see. It would be great to beat Ravens but I don't think that is possible without a bunch of turnovers. The Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC and I got a feeling no one is going to do it in playoffs with the exception of Green Bay if they do indeed get that far.

At 0-12......we're running out of time to avoid the Hall of Shame.

Some of you think that going 0-16 will get the coach fired but it wont.

..and players Like Freeney and Mathis, Saturday and Wayne....do not deserve to have their names on arguably the worst team of all time..

Why not?

Why not?

Jaric....they have done too much positive towards win and 2 conference titles...

..and a lot of what happened this year was out of their hands..(injuries to Manning, Bracket and others plus the QB shuffle)

Do you think our long time vets deserve wear the 0-16 'scarlet letter' if we lose four more.?

Would it not be a shame?

A lot depends on what we'll see from Orlovsky. If he plays like he did against the Patriots, we may have a shot at winning some of the games.

I think that if we're 0-15 going into the last game, the Colts will play to the best of their ability. No one wants to have a "defeated" season. At the same time, J-Ville will play their best because they do not want to be the only team to allow the Colts to win. It will be very interesting.

A lot depends on what we'll see from Orlovsky. If he plays like he did against the Patriots, we may have a shot at winning some of the games.

I think that if we're 0-15 going into the last game, the Colts will play to the best of their ability. No one wants to have a "defeated" season. At the same time, J-Ville will play their best because they do not want to be the only team to allow the Colts to win. It will be very interesting.

Jax is tough on the Colts because of MJD....

But I'm still hoping Manning gets into that game...

Beating Jacksonville is the only possible victory I see. It would be great to beat Ravens but I don't think that is possible without a bunch of turnovers. The Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC and I got a feeling no one is going to do it in playoffs with the exception of Green Bay if they do indeed get that far.

I think Houston, Jacksonville and the Ravens are all possibilities. Call me crazy with the Ravens, but they did lose to Jacksonville and seem to have lapses where they play to their opponents level. I wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore over look Indy and then it just comes down to whether the Colts can capitalize on it. Without a QB Houston can be a winnable game as well. Our run defense is better than our passing D, and with Orvlosky this team might be able to put up enough points to win. I just hope it doesn't come down to Jacksonville, it's a winnable game, but that will be too close for comfort.

Because they are respected veteran players who have played hard and given a lot ot the franchise.

they arent bad players. they dont deserve to be 0-16

Exactly what happens if we go 0-16? Do we lose draft picks? Are we removed from the NFL or qualifying for the playoffs next year? Exactly what happens if we go 0-16?

sarcasm aside..you need more of an arguement than you're giving here..

10-year vets..all-stars....shouldnt be smeared by one year when they were victims of circumstance..

but those 10 years and all star appearences weren't victim of circumstance? IE Peyton?

So because they did well, they deserve recognition, but because they went 0-16 they dont?

O get it it, you only want them remembered for the good stuff they did. And you want everyone to forget how pathetic this team is. Gotcha...

i think any of the games are winnable, Jax being the favourite, but if they play like they did today, and get better, teams like the ravens could end up a shootout, if the defence has an off day, like they do. Titans and Texans could end up revenge matches, they to could have poor games. We just need to find that way to win at the end.

When T.J Yates remembers who he is, it's going to even the table for the Colts. Jax fired there coach and they suck, I think we have a pretty good shot there. Tennessee can play down to teams, but with CJ going that put's that in doubt. Were going to win a game.

but those 10 years and all star appearences weren't victim of circumstance? IE Peyton?

So because they did well, they deserve recognition, but because they went 0-16 they dont?

O get it it, you only want them remembered for the good stuff they did. And you want everyone to forget how pathetic this team is. Gotcha...

Yeah Trav......I want THEM remembered for how good they are...

...this TEAM is bad but they shouldnt be tarred by it. Individuals (unless they are Tebow) dont win and lose games by themsleves./ Absolutely....

What's wrong with that?

Yeah Trav......I want THEM remembered for how good they are...

...this TEAM is bad but they shouldnt be tarred by it. Individuals (unless they are Tebow) dont win and lose games by themsleves./ Absolutely....

What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with that? Very simple. You give credit when they are successful. The same way you give credit when they fail. Even handed. If those guys were all pivotal during our wins, they are equally as pivotal during our losses.

What's wrong with that? Very simple. You give credit when they are successful. The same way you give credit when they fail. Even handed. If those guys were all pivotal during our wins, they are equally as pivotal during our losses.

I agree. I don't think that many of these vets have displayed the kind of veteran leadership that they should have considering the many awards and accolades. With the possible exception of Saturday, I haven't seen any of the vets step it up, or even play with consistency this year. The play this year seems to point out how great Peyton made everybody on the team look. They have had their chances to change that by stepping up an winning. And there have been some winnable games and opportunities to seize some upsets. They haven't siezed anything as a team with this many pro bowlers should.

I dislike the thought of the team going winless as much as anybody. But if they do go 0-16, then they do deserve that on their career stats.

Baltimore won 5 games that year and McNair, Lewis and Reed were out for that game.

I'm pretty sure the Ravens D will make certain the Colts and Orlovsky know the difference between the Pats D and their D. As for Houston, their running game is so strong and a pretty good D as well. Tough game to win. Tennessee is getting alot better now that CJ is running the ball like he did last year.

That just leaves Jacksonville, which like the other teams on our schedule, are going to try with everything they have to give the Colts a good kick while they're down this year. They may not be able to do it though.

Exactly what happens if we go 0-16? Do we lose draft picks? Are we removed from the NFL or qualifying for the playoffs next year? Exactly what happens if we go 0-16?

All kinds of things happen:

*Jim Caldwell makes the record book as being the only head coach in the history of the franchise to lose every game.

*Fewer fans in the seats of LOS.

*Topic of conversation during NFL today bashing the Colts

*Fewer stations carrying Colts games

*Personnel changes (there will be some)

*No late nights driving home after being on in "prime time" on Sundays next season

etc.

Cliches don't sum it up at all. How are those players pivotal in the losses? Maybe Saturday should tackle Painter, take the ball away and throw a TD to Wayne.

The ones who are most at fault stand out. Our bad coaching staff, most of the secondary , a few players on the o-line, and terrible backup QBs.

Some of us realize there's problems on the team and are willing to pin point them instead of just saying the entire team sucks.

Jaric....they have done too much positive towards win and 2 conference titles...

..and a lot of what happened this year was out of their hands..(injuries to Manning, Bracket and others plus the QB shuffle)

Do you think our long time vets deserve wear the 0-16 'scarlet letter' if we lose four more.?

Would it not be a shame?

I think if they are so concerned about not going 0-16 they should, you know...do something about it.

Every year teams go through adversity, only one has gone 0-16. If other teams can find a way to get a win, then so should we. And if we don't then they have no one to blame but themselves.

All kinds of things happen:

*Jim Caldwell makes the record book as being the only head coach in the history of the franchise to lose every game.

*Fewer fans in the seats of LOS.

*Topic of conversation during NFL today bashing the Colts

*Fewer stations carrying Colts games

*Personnel changes (there will be some)

*No late nights driving home after being on in "prime time" on Sundays next season

etc.

I would be shocked to see fewer fans next season, now if another bad season then yes as Colt fans are some of the ficklist around

Station contracts are probably set for X number of years

Personal changes happen when you win

Wow no Sunday night game...so what...

I would be shocked to see fewer fans next season, now if another bad season then yes as Colt fans are some of the ficklist around

Station contracts are probably set for X number of years

Personal changes happen when you win

Wow no Sunday night game...so what...

uh hu... tell us more

No way we beat Houston Foster and Tate will run all over us

I'm not that worried about Houston's run game so much. We're much better against the run than against the pass, and without Schaub running the bootlegs, there might be a chance to control their offense a little bit.