Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Win But That D Is BAD

JColts72

We all know the defense needs improvement...not sure why we make a new post every week about this. Nothing much RIGHT NOW can be done to change the personnel we have. We just can only hope they improve and the coaching staff makes necessary adjustments to put our team in the best situation to win.

Just like Gruden...if he had RGIII in today there is no way they'd have scored even 20+ points today...it really would have been a floor wiping for the skins' today courtesy of the Colts.

Landry was fine today. The safety rotation is pretty good, I think. Coverage from Freeman was bad, and too many penalties on the outside.

Yes I also thought he safety rotation and position play was pretty darn solid today! Again, when Vontae went out that's when I noticed we really started to suffer all around. Adams played solid as well I felt.

I think we definitely need to address corner in this draft or offseason because we have seen this happen before when Davis is out it literally makes our defense in that area of coverage about 50% worse than before Davis goes out.

Yes I also thought he safety rotation and position play was pretty darn solid today! Again, when Vontae went out that's when I noticed we really started to suffer all around. Adams played solid as well I felt.

I think we definitely need to address corner in this draft or offseason because we have seen this happen before when Davis is out it literally makes our defense in that area of coverage about 50% worse than before Davis goes out.

It's too bad Purifoy couldn't stay out of trouble. He had some rough games earlier, but he played well last week. Then he got himself cut. Gordy has been pretty bad, which is surprising, because he was better last year down the stretch.

It's too bad Purifoy couldn't stay out of trouble. He had some rough games earlier, but he played well last week. Then he got himself cut. Gordy has been pretty bad, which is surprising, because he was better last year down the stretch.

Agreed. Gordy (on the field) get's himself into trouble all too often. He doesn't seem to have the speed to keep up with some of the top WR threats out there. In addition he's often getting flagged because he tries to do things to get away with it to make him better than he is.

Colts had 10 penalties today for 94 yards total. If my MATH is correct Gordy was responsible for THREE? of those penalties which resulted in 48 yards. MORE THAN HALF of the total penalty yardage incurred today by the team on Gordy. THAT will hurt you right there. I don't know how the coaching staff WON'T take a look at this after the game and through this week. These are the adjustments I'm talking about. You've got to do something there.

Agreed. Gordy (on the field) get's himself into trouble all too often. He doesn't seem to have the speed to keep up with some of the top WR threats out there. In addition he's often getting flagged because he tries to do things to get away with it to make him better than he is.

Colts had 10 penalties today for 94 yards total. If my MATH is correct Gordy was responsible for THREE? of those penalties which resulted in 48 yards. MORE THAN HALF of the total penalty yardage incurred today by the team on Gordy. THAT will hurt you right there. I don't know how the coaching staff WON'T take a look at this after the game and through this week. These are the adjustments I'm talking about. You've got to do something there.

I don't know what you want to do about Gordy. The only other option was Jalil Brown, and he's a special teamer, only. The problem is that Purifoy lost his roster spot. I'm pretty sure he'd have been on the field instead of Gordy this week. Can't play Butler on the outside, because he struggles out there. We just need a better 4th and 5th corner, but I don't think that guy is on the roster yet. Maybe Sheldon Price...?

I don't know what you want to do about Gordy. The only other option was Jalil Brown, and he's a special teamer, only. The problem is that Purifoy lost his roster spot. I'm pretty sure he'd have been on the field instead of Gordy this week. Can't play Butler on the outside, because he struggles out there. We just need a better 4th and 5th corner, but I don't think that guy is on the roster yet. Maybe Sheldon Price...?

Maybe just ask Gordy to wear a Davis jersey?? Perhaps that'll change his psyche right?

The coaches have got to coach Gordy up...they have to spend some extra time with him 1 on 1 going over that film session and seeing if there are any particular reasons that could be causing him to lose ground so quick. Look, some guys got it and some guys don't...that I understand. But right now we just have to keep working with what we have and hope these guys get it done right?

We all know the defense needs improvement...not sure why we make a new post every week about this. Nothing much RIGHT NOW can be done to change the personnel we have. We just can only hope they improve and the coaching staff makes necessary adjustments to put our team in the best situation to win.

Just like Gruden...if he had RGIII in today there is no way they'd have scored even 20+ points today...it really would have been a floor wiping for the skins' today courtesy of the Colts.

We need to point out weekly the pros and cons of the team as a whole-D being the D that is.

Maybe just ask Gordy to wear a Davis jersey?? Perhaps that'll change his psyche right?

The coaches have got to coach Gordy up...they have to spend some extra time with him 1 on 1 going over that film session and seeing if there are any particular reasons that could be causing him to lose ground so quick. Look, some guys got it and some guys don't...that I understand. But right now we just have to keep working with what we have and hope these guys get it done right?

You can try to bring in a new corner, but I don't think there's a lot of talent just hanging around in late November / early December. And yeah, the coaches can try to polish him up, but we had to get rid of Cassius Vaughn because he just didn't have it. I think Gordy has played better than he's playing now, but he's probably just not that good. We could activate Sheldon Price, but there's no reason to believe that he'd be any better. 

I just hope Vontae clears protocol and can play next week. If not, we'll have a lot of trouble with Josh Gordon. Also, we might be facing another replacement QB. I think that's four so far this season: Bortles, Whitehurst, McCoy, and maybe Manziel. Then we'll have Mettenberger in Week 17.