Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Win But That D Is BAD

JColts72

What's going to be playoff time against the Elite QB.s.

Barring a 2006 miracle for another 4 game stretch, I think you know the answer. The exact same thing that usually happens.

We might win a game or two in the playoffs at least by virtue of our passing attack and special teams being significantly improved over years past. It's one of the best in the game, and the importance of solid special teams is greatly under appreciated. Having terrible ST cost us a few playoff games.

Beating a team like NE with this defense is a pipe dream, though. In Foxboro no less.

Barring a 2006 miracle for another 4 game stretch, I think you know the answer. The exact same thing that usually happens.

We might win a game or two in the playoffs at least by virtue of our passing attack and special teams being significantly improved over years past. It's one of the best in the game, and the importance of solid special teams is greatly under appreciated. Having terrible ST cost us a few playoff games.

Beating a team like NE with this defense is a pipe dream, though. In Foxboro no less.

NE Denver

So much this, i really question how much some people here have actually watched the NFL playoffs... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. Its not like we are a bad team and don't deserve a spot either. We are a good team and very well can go cause a lot of damage. 

The good news is the AFC is relatively weak outside NE. The rest of the teams we have just as good a shot at beating as they do us. Maybe a slight edge for Denver but we can give them a run for their money like we did earlier in the season.

How many points do we need to win by to call it different ?

We won cause the Redskins defense stopped playing after those 2 early turnovers they forced. Fleener was wide open twice, Moncrief wide open

Defense was horrible today. But did to their credit make plays when we needed one. But McCoy went for 3 TD's 350+ and no int's I do believe

The NE game was at home, and so was today's game

Anything can happen but these sloppy games really have to stop. Slow Starts & Sloppy Games are gonna be the downfall

Your posts used to be fun to read, but something has happened in the last few months... I just want to know if you would you like to sit and talk about it?!? 

We won cause the Redskins defense stopped playing after those 2 early turnovers they forced. Fleener was wide open twice, Moncrief wide open

Defense was horrible today. But did to their credit make plays when we needed one. But McCoy went for 3 TD's 350+ and no int's I do believe

But to our credit..6 sacks, 5 forced fumbles (1 recovered) and held Morris to 67 yards.

But to our credit..6 sacks, 5 forced fumbles (1 recovered) and held Morris to 67 yards.

Exactly, I'm just saying clean up the foolish stuff

Like the penalties on the PR's. Cribbs is seriously providing the spark but it felt like every return he had today was called back. He's been a great pickup thus far, just gotta stop with the penalties so his stats actually matter

Gordy has to go after this season they should've kept purifoy on the roster I don't care what he did wrong gordy is trash plain and simple we need somebody better

Get used to Gordy for a while if Vontae has a concussion which is what I heard. I'm not a fan, and wish they did have someone else at corner. Toler drives me nuts too with all his penalties.

NE Denver

We can hang with Denver, though. For all the might of their passing attack and run D, their secondary and special teams blow. Besides it's not like we can run anyway so their advantage of a great run D is rather mitigated.

Denver's ability to run the football isn't a sure thing, but we can't stop the run either way so again it doesn't matter much.  It would be an air show all game and a shootout. We'd likely win the field position battle thanks to our special teams being great and Denver's being among the worst in the league.