Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboy Coach Ices His Own Kicker. (Merge)

seeblu

At the end of regulation, the cowboys were lined up for the winning FG. The kicker kicks it thru the uprights, cowboys win, RIGHT? NO! Garrett the cowboy coach calls timeout just before the kick. The cowboy kicker misses the next kick and the game goes to OT. LOLOLOL How dumb can a coach be?

Cardinals kick a FG and win in overtime.

The camera jumps to the box Jimmy Johnson and his family are in and Jimmy is fit to be tied. LOL We can't hear what he is saying of course, but it is obvious by his actions that he is furious, shaking his fist and waving his arm. That was an ugly flight back to Big D after that loss.

Later on, during the timeout to flip a coin and see which team would get the ball first in OT, the camera showed an assistant coach running up to Garrett in regulation and saying something. Then Garrett called a Time Out. Have you ever seen a coach with a dumber expression on his face than the one Garrett wears? He looks as if he wonders what the heck is going on all the time. I would bet the farm that he will be wearing that expression somewhere else next year. I don't ever recall a head coach standing on the sidelines that didn't have his eye on the game clock. Especially with the game on the line and his team lined up for the last play in regulation. :rolleyes:

Apparently Dallas' special teams coach saw the play clock running down and was worried about getting off a clean kick and asked Garrett for the timeout. It's still funny but like someone mentioned, their biggest blunder was not calling a timeout with 25 seconds left to try and get closer. A 49 yarder should be made by any kicker but it's still not a chipshot. Oh well. Early Xmas present for me!

At the end of regulation, the cowboys were lined up for the winning FG. The kicker kicks it thru the uprights, cowboys win, RIGHT? NO! Garrett the cowboy coach calls timeout just before the kick. The cowboy kicker misses the next kick and the game goes to OT. LOLOLOL How dumb can a coach be?

Cardinals kick a FG and win in overtime.

The camera jumps to the box Jimmy Johnson and his family are in and Jimmy is fit to be tied. LOL We can't hear what he is saying of course, but it is obvious by his actions that he is furious, shaking his fist and waving his arm. That was an ugly flight back to Big D after that loss.

I didn't catch that, but to me that's freaking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garrett is not doing so well as a head coach. Here's what I think is a little fishy about him. When Wade was the head coach, Garrett still had total control over the offense, but the offense still played poorly. Then Wade gets fired and the offense suddenly does well. I certainly don't believe Garrett would make his offense bad just to get a head coaching spot, but I'm just saying...it's a little fishy

Apparently Dallas' special teams coach saw the play clock running down and was worried about getting off a clean kick and asked Garrett for the timeout. It's still funny but like someone mentioned, their biggest blunder was not calling a timeout with 25 seconds left to try and get closer. A 49 yarder should be made by any kicker but it's still not a chipshot. Oh well. Early Xmas present for me!

This nails it! He also had Romo spike the ball to stop the clock with TWO timeouts left! Though I personally love listening to my Cowboy fan friends whine about this one (music to my ears).

Garrett calling time out accidentaly ices his own kicker last week. After being a Colt fan we all got very used to great clock management. Garrett is not getting much of a pass on this, Caldwell's gaffs were almost as bad but were attributed to his experience. It is shocking at this level that these kinds of problems are not prevented at 101 clock management.