Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe's League Members...Please read..IMPORTANT

T Y Goodbye

Hello fellow Joe's,

This weeks games are the final game of the regular season. With so many teams 1 game apart, the playoffs are up for grabs, except for IindyD4U, who, with 9 wins, is in the playoffs, and will be the #1 seed.

This is what is important. No matter where you end up in the regular season, there still are more games for you to play, to determine final standings. The top 6 are in one bracket, the bottom 6 in the consolation bracket. You can find those on the main page, above the standings. There are 3 tabs, Standings, Schedule, and Playoffs. Click the playoff tab, and you will see the top 6 teams, with bye's included for the top 2 regular season finishers. The top 2 teams will not be playing this week, and will resume the following week.

For those teams in the bottom 6, the top 2 will have byes, and the others will play just as if it were in the Championship Bracket. There is a tab to the right of the playoffs called Championship....from there you click on consolation, and you'll see your brackets and matchups... They still also should show your current week's matchup as you normally would...

I posted this because, as true FF players, you want to end up the highest you can be, even if its not in the top 6..I sure would rather be 7th than last...So, please play as well as you can...

EVERYONE HAS DONE SUPER THIS YEAR..The parity is even better than last years..

We have one team at 9-3...3 teams at 7-5, 4 teams at 6-6, 2 teams at 5-7, and 2 at 4-8. A lot of games were very close this year, many being within 7 points from winning or losing. I know I lost 2 really close games, or I could also be at 9-5, and I know some of the ones with more losses had some really close ones that with any luck they could be a lot better. You can't count out anyone this year. And last year, the 5th and 6th seeded teams were in the Super Bowl, and moved up to the Elite League..(Dustin and pacolts56)

We have all had fun, and I'm sorry I haven't been "stirring the pot" as I usually due, because of my recent illnesses, but we have a great group of managers, and we all get along so well with each other...I usually trash talk a lot more, just to generate more fun for everyone...

Now this is getting far ahead of things, but next year, Andy has asked me if I would like to take over the Joe's League. With his added responsibilities writing for Stampede Blue, he will have less time to do both leagues. If my health permits, it would be an honor to do that, and to have you all back, save for the top 2, who will move to the Elite League, and the bottom 2 from the Elite league to join us Joe's. IF I would win, or come in second, I will not be moving up to the Elite League. I enjoy this league way too much, so the team in third would move up to the Elite League in my place. (Besides, the Elite League is scared of me coming to their league to embarrass them..lol) I will also be naming a co-commish, in case something (God forbid) would happen to me. But, like I said before, we can look into this next year nearing the time to start drafting.

Good luck this weekend to all teams...I will be laughing inside, picturing you all yelling and screaming at your players to get 1 more catch, 1 more yard all weekend long. However it turns out, its been a blast playing again this year...The matchup I am following closely this week is between 6th seed Vontae's Grandma (Andy) 6-6, vs #5 seed Bodacious Mantises (Bry) Bry has scored more points than any othe 6-6 team, but Andy is the division leader, due to the fact that he is 4-1 in division games, while the Mantis's are 3-2. The other 2 6-6 teams are The Dark Knights (who have scored the 2nd highest points for 6-6), and coltman51, who has scored the least points of the 6-6 teams. If Broosters loses and the Dark Knights win in their games, The Knights will win the division, because of a better conference record...

This is going to be an exciting week for everyone..Best of luck to you all, and thanks again for a great regular season.

Ray..aka The Black Mambas

Waiting until tomorrow for the results...... Got a chance to jump into the Top Seed Playoffs here

Good Luck TK...I haven't crunched the numbers as I usually do, but I think the top 3 are IndyD4U 10-3, Broosters 8-5, then myself in 3rd at 8-5...It looks like Bodacious Mantises (Bry) is in since he has won his division at 7-6. I have a better record, but I am in the same division as Indy D4U. A quick glance shows you and AKHooligans tied with 7-6 for the final 2 spots. Since you have a better division record and more points, its looking like you will be the 5th seed, and AK the 6th..

So, if I am correct, IndyD4u and Broosters have the first round bye and are off this coming week...if I get 3rd and Bry gets 4th (not sure right now since its early AM for me...then I will play AK and you will play Bodacious Mantises...We'll see Wednesday when the final tallies are put up....

This is just a quick glance, and unofficial, but I think that is how its going to work out.

Just want to apologize for the crappy roster I played this week.  Not that it made a difference because I was getting beat no matter who I played.

But it wasn't my best.  

Reason for it was we went in Monday night for my wife to be induced and my baby girl was born on Tuesday.  The hospital computers had a browser that didn't work with the FF app and with all the craziness of a new baby I was not able to ever get to a computer and change my roster.  

So I'm still playing despite being in 11th place, but last week I wasn't.

Just want to apologize for the crappy roster I played this week.  Not that it made a difference because I was getting beat no matter who I played.

But it wasn't my best.  

Reason for it was we went in Monday night for my wife to be induced and my baby girl was born on Tuesday.  The hospital computers had a browser that didn't work with the FF app and with all the craziness of a new baby I was not able to ever get to a computer and change my roster.  

Well, some things are just more important than FF.

Congratulations.

I though it was odd that we got scheduled against each other 3 times, and in each of the last two weeks of the season.

But it wasn't my best.  

Congrats on your new arrival!!!