Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Redskins Game Day Thread

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• There is a Colts.com article on Tom Rathman.  They focus on his many injuries and surgeries and how they affect him today and yet he doesn’t want to quit football as a part of his life.  Apparently Lucks issues messed with his mind and not just his body. I’ve always thought there is a certain mentality you need to be an NFL lifer ala Ronnie Lott cutting off part of his his finger. 
    • Same here.... he retired for valid enough reasons IMO.... but if he has 2nd thoughts and wants to play again I prefer we trade his rights.   How long do we reserve his rights by the way?
    • I am convinced Luck will never play again. I'm disappointed, but I've made my peace with that.   I assume he retired for good reason, and while he technically "quit," I think it's harsh to call him a quitter, as if he's less of a person.    I also don't think I'd ever be able to trust him or commit to him again, if it were up to me. 
    • You didn't specify 2009. And I also follow every ND opponent's (especially Stanford, USC, and scUM) recruiting and seasons very close.   In 2009 he did have Gerhart, Taylor, and Gaffney at RB, Fleener and Ertz (RS) at TE, and Whalen, Owusu, and Baldwin at WR. They certainly were not void of talent. Stanford's recruiting got way better after Harbaugh got there in 2007 but yes, it did take a few years to settle in. If you feel better using 2010 vs TL's 2019, that's fine. The numbers are already close, and TL should have as good or better after his next two games.    
  • Members