Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I never said draft a QB high this year or a QB at all. But we have him for 3 years if we trade for him. There is no reason to give him another contract. In his last year we could draft a QB. Or in 2021 we could draft a guy. There is nothing that says we have to keep him longer then the 3 years left on his  contract.  He would be 32 at the end of that 3 years. It’s not like we are trading for a 25 to QB.
    • On paper everyone assumes their team is a playoff team until the product is on the field. Then coaching ensue, then practice on the fundamentals to improve, and so on. 
    • I wouldn't give up a 1st for Carr. Better to get our future QB in the draft  and get a FA QB as a bridge gap til rookie QB develops.
    • Yeah sure.  So I get what you're saying, but you're kind of missing the point.   There's not really disputing the prevalence of dual threat quarterbacks has really exploded, pretty much since Russell Wilson or Cam Newton maybe.  The myth about the dual threat QBs was that they were a bust waiting to happen.  The occasional Vick's and Cunningham's pushed back against the common myth, but if you weren't a pocket passer, you were doomed for failure.  And in large part, that rang true.    Today though, while you can point to Cunningham and Vick from the 2000-2010, I can point to Lamar Jackson, Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson, (prior to injury) Cam Newton, (jury's still out on) Kyler Murray, and Josh Allen.  I think there's two reasons working in tandem that prove the old myth has been overcome.  First, offenses have evolved to accommodate dual threat QBs better than it ever has, since 2012/2013.  Second, the average athlete today is faster than the average athlete 20 years ago.  That wasn't always true in the days of Vick, Cunningham, or Takington. 
  • Members

• Pacergeek

Pacergeek 457

• CR91

CR91 9,404

• Barry Sears

Barry Sears 1,246

• runthepost

runthepost 932

• buccolts

buccolts 3,865

• AwesomeAustin