Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tebow Is The Real Deal. (Merge)

DILLIGAFER

Ive been jumping between the colts game and Broncos/Vikings. I really think Tebow is the real deal. He is ripped on his passing, but from what i am seeing he is right on the mark. He is mobile, smart, and can throw a solid pass. I like his emotion and desire. Nice job Tebow!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may not have the technique and all, but he wins games. We'll have to see how he does next year. This year, defenses are unprepared for him and the Broncos' offensive attack. Let's see how he does once defensive coordinators have time to watch lots of film on him and think of different strategies to use

what can you say love him or hate him the guy wins. what i dont understand is why teams arent doing the same thing the lions did to shut him down

I don't think a lot of teams have the personnel to shut Tebow down. The Lions have one of the better D-Lines in the NFL. While I do think the majority of the credit of the Broncos going 6-1 should go to the defense, Tebow won it for them today.

I don't think a lot of teams have the personnel to shut Tebow down. The Lions have one of the better D-Lines in the NFL. While I do think the majority of the credit of the Broncos going 6-1 should go to the defense, Tebow won it for them today.

vikings have a somewhat similar d-line with allen and williams

Ive been jumping between the colts game and Broncos/Vikings. I really think Tebow is the real deal. He is ripped on his passing, but from what i am seeing he is right on the mark. He is mobile, smart, and can throw a solid pass. I like his emotion and desire. Nice job Tebow!

You arent watching the whole game..He's an awful passer and the defense caries him...

That's obvious.

Note they have not played a quality team under Tebow's rule

You arent watching the whole game..He's an awful passer and the defense caries him...

That's obvious.

Tebow carries that team. That team was 1-4 before he took over and they are now 6-1 since he became the starter. Tebow will be hoisting a Lombardi at some point in his career.

That's obvious.

Saying a thing more than once doesn't give it more weight. Just like all your incorrect Manning ramblings among other things on this site. You're a Tebow hater, we all get it. The kid is 6-1 this year under center with his team....that's the bottom line. When I see Tebow costing his team wins and otherwise being a detriment I'll reconsider, but he's playing winning football now and I'm looking forward to what he and the rest of the team can accomplish tied for 1st in the West with four games left.

Count me among the 'haters' but im quickly changing my tune. I dont know how he does it, but the results speak for themselves. All you can do is beat whos put in front of you and Tebow, with the help of the Den D, have beaten nearly all. May not be pretty, may not be stat filled, but some how, some way, that guy wins. I dont get it one bit, but until he's stopped, consider me a believer now.

He is below average in skill,and above average in luck.He is not that good,I know a lot of you want that for various reasons,but they are winning on Defense and Von Miller more than anything.He might have a ok career as a modern day Joe Kapp but he is not an elite,nor ever will be an elite QB.That game today was won on pure stupidity by Ponder.

Tebow carries that team. That team was 1-4 before he took over and they are now 6-1 since he became the starter. Tebow will be hoisting a Lombardi at some point in his career.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.For someone named objectivecolt you sure don't have any.He might lift a Grey Cup. rotfl

Count me among the 'haters' but im quickly changing my tune. I dont know how he does it, but the results speak for themselves. All you can do is beat whos put in front of you and Tebow, with the help of the Den D, have beaten nearly all. May not be pretty, may not be stat filled, but some how, some way, that guy wins. I dont get it one bit, but until he's stopped, consider me a believer now.

It's their D winnnig those games,and he is managing the game well,that's all.They will run out of luck sooner or later.

He is below average in skill,and above average in luck.He is not that good,I know a lot of you want that for various reasons,but they are winning on Defense and Von Miller more than anything.He might have a ok career as a modern day Joe Kapp but he is not an elite,nor ever will be an elite QB.That game today was won on pure stupidity by Ponder.

How were the Broncos doing before Tebow took the helm? That's what I thought. Sure, props to Denver's D and Miller. Absolutely. It's a team game though. Tebow is a heck of a lot further along at this point than John Elway was and he had plenty of nay-sayers at the time....that had to eat a lot of crow in the long run. You're in no position to say what direction Tebow's career will take. All we know for certain is the here-and-now. As one example, Chris Chandler was in the league for 10 years before he had his most productive time in ATL. I for one see this story and what the Broncos can accomplish going beyond the last four games of this season. Keep in mind Tebow is on a learning curve same as everyone else and will improve.

It's their D winnnig those games,and he is managing the game well,that's all.They will run out of luck sooner or later.

6-1 is not luck, it's called results. As for the empty backfield approach, it reminds of the '88 Colts wishbone. Almost nobody could stop it even though it was called "gimmick", etc. Won't last for ever I wouldn't imagine, just like the '88 wishbone, but it served it's purpose on the NFL level. Pretty simple - beat the other team if you're better. 6 out of 7 is a pretty fair cross section so far. We'll see how the rest of the year goes for Denver.

Guess he was lucky in pee wee, high school, and college too. He just forgot how to play football when he put an NFL jersey on.

He would be perfect for most of you,being saintly and all ,that seems to be how everybody in Indy loves their players.Personally,I don't care if the entire offensive line has a prison record as long as they win.

Nobody around here is any better than anyone else, mahagga.

With regard to Tebow, are you gonna be finding a point in this conversation any time soon.....because you haven't presented one to stand on. Or, at least offer something in support of your "feelings." Tebow has thrown 10 TDs and 1 INT & run for 468 yds and 3 TDs.....and led some great late rallies enroute to 6-1 = more than "game manager." Blinded by hate is generally not a good way to frame thought process.

Tebow is a gimmick... Nothing more nothing less. Next year when teams have all this film on him he will be TOAST.

Just like in 4 years of college when he tore up the NFL's minor league. People have film on every starting QB in the league. If you are good you are good. Tebow is good. He's not going anywhere and he will be winning for years to come.

7 games worth isn't enough? I mean.....it's pretty basic with him. Not like he's changing blocking schemes & checking out of plays twice per snap, all while running the two minute drill.

I think he will get better and that offense will continue to evolve, if Elway gives it a chance. Tebow is only in his 2nd season, he has only started 10 games.

I think he will get better and that offense will continue to evolve, if Elway gives it a chance. Tebow is only in his 2nd season, he has only started 10 games.

Exactly. At this point it's reasonable to believe things in Denver, including Tebow under center, have a chance to become even better. We'll see how it goes for them. He'll be learning NFL defenses same as they'll be studying up on him. He was a phenomenal threat in college and it's translating over to the NFL, initially. If they can keep him in the pocket more as time goes on and bring that passing game along his future will be bright. Although, 10TDs vs. 1INT is a great start for any QB with just 10 starts under his belt. I think Denver playing to his strengths (including running with empy backfield) is exactly correct for now. He's got talent and can hold his own against most anyone on the field, athletically. Again, we'll see how he's brought along.