Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bruschi: ‘Gronkowski is the best tight end I’ve ever seen’

MJD42

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has nothing to do with being a colts fan. I just find it odd that players, especially DB's, talk crap every game, but Sergio is the only that deserves to be cheap shotted for it.

The play itself was nasty, no doubt. BUT Sergio is not the only trash talking DB to be taken to task.

But I did not like the play because of Sergio or the Colts or anything like that. I liked it because it demonstrated the physical attitude of this Pats team which was on display all night with the type of hard nosed football they played at the line of scrimmage. This is the type of ball we have been waiting to see them get back to and was exemplified on their championship teams. Gronk brings that physicality to the offense along with Gray and the Oline. Football is as much about attitude as play on the field. The last two SB champs were physical teams on both sides of the ball. I think it will be extremely important for the Pats to have that going into the post-season. Picking up Bount only reinforces the type of football they want to play come Jan.

It wasn't a cheap shot... why do you keep applying that language to it? A cheap shot is blind siding someone, hitting them from behind, going low on them or something... They were both engaged with each other, Brown was pulling and tugging at him and Gronk gave him the business

There was no "cheap" shot in this, just one guy totally overpowering another

He was fined for a reason. I'm sure he didn't notice the massive camera stand he was running straight into.

The play itself was nasty, no doubt. BUT Sergio is not the only trash talking DB to be taken to task.

But I did not like the play because of Sergio or the Colts or anything like that. I liked it because it demonstrated the physical attitude of this Pats team which was on display all night with the type of hard nosed football they played at the line of scrimmage. This is the type of ball we have been waiting to see them get back to and was exemplified on their championship teams. Gronk brings that physicality to the offense along with Gray and the Oline. Football is as much about attitude as play on the field. The last two SB champs were physical teams on both sides of the ball. I think it will be extremely important for the Pats to have that going into the post-season. Picking up Bount only reinforces the type of football they want to play come Jan.

The Patriots def showed a hard nose type of style.....but I find it odd that a 270 LB tight end bulldozing a free safety was the highlight of the night.

I would not call it a highlight more like an exclamation point to a very physical game dominated by the Patriots.

I guess I would have been more impressed/amused if he had just picked him up and drove into the turf inside the field of play lol. Somehow in my mind that is more acceptable.

I guess I would have been more impressed/amused if he had just picked him up and drove into the turf inside the field of play lol. Somehow in my mind that is more acceptable.

Yeah, I agree. I would have preferred if he had pancaked TJ Ward like that when the Pats played Denver. I can't stand that guy. :)