Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you want the Colts to hire Jim Harbaugh?

mintor

What if the Colts hired Jim Harbaugh?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want the Colts to hire Jim Harbaugh?

• yes
    • no
    • Maybe

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More and more, a lot of coaches look more attractive than Coach Chuck.

Pagano does not seem like head-coaching material and it is doubtful that he ever takes the team to the next level...he is a tier 2 coach...and it does not help that he has a college OC who cannot perform at the NFL level yet.

I am guessing here but to me it seems the problem is the entire organization believed they were far better than they are and that is the problem. Pregame shows many of the broadcasters pick the Colts based on numbers against poor teams. Getting disgraced by the Steelers then baby slapped by NE at home sends a message that "they are not a good football team" period! The Colts are at Dallas the third week of December after games with Washington, Jacksonville and Cleveland. If they get beat up by Dallas you can bet some heads if not all are going on the chopping block. This season is a very big let down.

If we have Andrew Luck we are gonna always have a chance to go to the playoffs, actually i think the problem has been GM/HC problems i mean they didn't draft smart they were supposed to draft/hire DL and LB to prevent the kind of game we had against NE on the playoffs, guess what? it happened again because we hired one DL and we let go a couple because they thought we could rely on our corps, we singed D. Jackson an aging LB how we always knew was a liability stopping the run (i think we brought him because he was a "leader"),  we didn't address the S problems(Mike Adams is playing very well but he was supposed to be depth, that was a sing-luck), we tried to improve the OL but it didn't go well, we got T. Richardson(i first thought he would be a star here on Indy) but he has been a bust yeah the OL has played awful but Bradshaw and Brown showed more than Trent, i don't think any of these moves were without the consent of Chuck so Grigson and Chuck have done a regular job putting a team together so the good/great HC can adjust with what they have Chuck is too Loyal to players(DHB, D. Reed, Satele, Nick could go here but we haven't seen enough of Moncrief to tell that), so Chuck has done a decent job but he is paying his error through FA,Draft,Trades,Schemes, we can always beat Jax, Tenn, Wash, NYG, that mean that we are better than the worse of the league.

Last season I said I thought Pags has taken this team as far as he can...   then the Colts start out 6-3 and I even apologized to Chuck giving him mad props for the way this team played.    Well...    I am now right squarely back to thinking Chuck is not the guy that will take this team where it needs to go.     He has been just embarrassed by Bill B 3x's now...  Brady was average and the Patriots still totally beat the Colts in EVERY area of the game.

IF ...    IF ...   someone like Harbaugh becomes available I really think Irsay would make a run at him.    And I would LOVE it.

But I really think Michigan is going to make Harbaugh an offer he just won't be able to refuse.    And Jimbo's personality is much more compatible to the college athlete.   Simply because they keep getting rotated every 3 - 5 years.

JMO

Rick V on the game...   

He basically said in a very polite way the team got badly out coached and out played.      

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/ride-jmv/audio-demand/rick-venturi-17

And I agree with him...   that Moncrief has got to get in the game more.  

a crappy head coach who is clueless we should have kept Bruce

So we needed to keep Arians? The head coach who puts his QBs in danger by the type of plays called? He helped make an old man out of Big Ben. He called plays for the Colts when the Colts didn't have the right personal to call those plays. In turn he got Luck pounded into the ground. You may not like Pagano but there are a lot who do. He has the same record as both the Harbaughs and Carroll and 21 other teams in the NFL. I think your opinion is clueless. But that's JMO so it really don't matter what either one of us thinks.

Last season I said I thought Pags has taken this team as far as he can...   then the Colts start out 6-3 and I even apologized to Chuck giving him mad props for the way this team played.    Well...    I am now right squarely back to thinking Chuck is not the guy that will take this team where it needs to go.     He has been just embarrassed by Bill B 3x's now...  Brady was average and the Patriots still totally beat the Colts in EVERY area of the game.

IF ...    IF ...   someone like Harbaugh becomes available I really think Irsay would make a run at him.    And I would LOVE it.

But I really think Michigan is going to make Harbaugh an offer he just won't be able to refuse.    And Jimbo's personality is much more compatible to the college athlete.   Simply because they keep getting rotated every 3 - 5 years.

JMO

Rick V on the game...   

He basically said in a very polite way the team got badly out coached and out played.      

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/ride-jmv/audio-demand/rick-venturi-17

And I agree with him...   that Moncrief has got to get in the game more.  

So how many other coaches in the NFL have been out coached and have a losing record to BB? Pagano has been a head coach for not even 2 full years and he is suppose to beat BB? Even BB was not that successful in his first couple of years. Pagano has a team that is not even two years old. BB has a team of seasoned veterans. Sorry, I don'r see where you are coming from when you actually look at the big picture.

I used the word EMBARRASSED ...   and I meant it .     Not every coach in the NFL gets EMBARRASSED by Bill VADER 3 straight go's at it.    And NE played basically the same as they did in the last Jan game and Indy was clueless.  

I like Chuck, and I really hope he turns it around but this team has a nasty trend going when they face really good coaches and QB's.   They lose.

JMO...     His big win was @ SF last season and that was a long time ago.   Seattle and Denver last year were coin flips that Luck saved the team.    Which he has done what 11 or 12 times since he has been here?   I just don't see it happening with Chuck.   This team keeps coming up way short when it matters most.  

So how many other coaches in the NFL have been out coached and have a losing record to BB? Pagano has been a head coach for not even 2 full years and he is suppose to beat BB? Even BB was not that successful in his first couple of years. Pagano has a team that is not even two years old. BB has a team of seasoned veterans. Sorry, I don'r see where you are coming from when you actually look at the big picture.

You may still have me on the ignore list but yes, please go to Michigan, it's been hard to watch the Wolverines since Carr left.

You and Nobody beat me to the punch.  Brady Hoke is seeing his last days, and Jim will be the Wolverine's coach for life IMO.

He does have the 'tude' for Raider Nation too.  I personally would love to see Oakland have good seasons....like the old days with the Snake and the Mad Stork!!

I used the word EMBARRASSED ...   and I meant it .     Not every coach in the NFL gets EMBARRASSED by Bill VADER 3 straight go's at it.    And NE played basically the same as they did in the last Jan game and Indy was clueless.  

I like Chuck, and I really hope he turns it around but this team has a nasty trend going when they face really good coaches and QB's.   They lose.

JMO...     His big win was @ SF last season and that was a long time ago.   Seattle and Denver last year were coin flips that Luck saved the team.    Which he has done what 11 or 12 times since he has been here?   I just don't see it happening with Chuck.   This team keeps coming up way short when it matters most.  

I guess you didn't bother to even think about my comment and see the point I was making. I understand every ones frustration but it's not the end of the world. The problems the Colts have is a lot more deeper than Pagano has control over. To point the finger at him alone is being narrow minded and not looking at the whole story. Respectfully JMO.

Coaching matters in the game of football FAR more than any other sport.    Running the ball is all about "want" and "attitude"  

This team is having a HUGE swing in performance and EFFORT...    that is not good.        That starts at the top, with preparation.

Just calling it like I see it..    There is no reason to give up 200+ yards rushing WHEN YOU KNOW it's coming?   The Colts shut down a better running team in Cincy yet cannot do "diddley poo" against NE.    Who has not been a running team ALL SEASON.

Bill B simply clowned this staff ...  again.

JMO

I guess you didn't bother to even think about my comment and see the point I was making. I understand every ones frustration but it's not the end of the world. The problems the Colts have is a lot more deeper than Pagano has control over. To point the finger at him alone is being narrow minded and not looking at the whole story. Respectfully JMO.

Coaching matters in the game of football FAR more than any other sport.    Running the ball is all about "want" and "attitude"  

This team is having a HUGE swing in performance and EFFORT...    that is not good.        That starts at the top, with preparation.

Just calling it like I see it..    There is no reason to give up 200+ yards rushing WHEN YOU KNOW it's coming?   The Colts shut down a better running team in Cincy yet cannot do "diddley poo" against NE.    Who has not been a running team ALL SEASON.

Bill B simply clowned this staff ...  again.

JMO

So if you feel my comment has no merit that's fine but I feel you are over looking the bigger picture. Just calling like I see it also.

I'm concerned that fans only consider names and personalities they think they know, rather than looking for the best talent and fit from all possible candidates. Maybe there are no better coaches.  Maybe the coaches we have can learn and grow - becoming great coaches. Maybe?

Never mind. We are toast. People are recommending Rex Ryan ...

hhad 1 sb and 2 sb appearance with one the best hof qb all time won 1 sb were pats have 3 sb and 5 sb appearance,s they have a goood coach and he finds talent. 

So we needed to keep Arians? The head coach who puts his QBs in danger by the type of plays called? He helped make an old man out of Big Ben. He called plays for the Colts when the Colts didn't have the right personal to call those plays. In turn he got Luck pounded into the ground. You may not like Pagano but there are a lot who do. He has the same record as both the Harbaughs and Carroll and 21 other teams in the NFL. I think your opinion is clueless. But that's JMO so it really don't matter what either one of us thinks.

true harbaugh  protect his qb in 49 and luck at stanford. 49 don,t have a qb as good as luck still made too sb . Though the 49ers were expected to struggle in what was anticipated to be a rebuilding season,[76] with a new scheme and many new players as well as shortened summer practices due to the lockout, Harbaugh led the team to a 13–3 record in the regular season, winning the NFC West West Division while finishing second overall in the NFC and bringing the team to the NFC Championship Game .

was his first year at 49'ers

If we have Andrew Luck we are gonna always have a chance to go to the playoffs, actually i think the problem has been GM/HC problems i mean they didn't draft smart they were supposed to draft/hire DL and LB to prevent the kind of game we had against NE on the playoffs, guess what? it happened again because we hired one DL and we let go a couple because they thought we could rely on our corps, we singed D. Jackson an aging LB how we always knew was a liability stopping the run (i think we brought him because he was a "leader"),  we didn't address the S problems(Mike Adams is playing very well but he was supposed to be depth, that was a sing-luck), we tried to improve the OL but it didn't go well, we got T. Richardson(i first thought he would be a star here on Indy) but he has been a bust yeah the OL has played awful but Bradshaw and Brown showed more than Trent, i don't think any of these moves were without the consent of Chuck so Grigson and Chuck have done a regular job putting a team together so the good/great HC can adjust with what they have Chuck is too Loyal to players(DHB, D. Reed, Satele, Nick could go here but we haven't seen enough of Moncrief to tell that), so Chuck has done a decent job but he is paying his error through FA,Draft,Trades,Schemes, we can always beat Jax, Tenn, Wash, NYG, that mean that we are better than the worse of the league.

Harbaugh's quarterback decision was on display in the first game of the playoffs.[82] The 49ers won 45–31 over the Green Bay Packers, as Kaepernick had 444 yards of total offense (263 passing, 181 rushing) and four touchdowns. Kaepernick set the record for rushing yards by a quarterback in any NFL game with his 181-yard outburst against Green Bay.[90] On January 20 at the NFC Championship Game, Harbaugh led the 49ers to a 28-24 win over the Atlanta Falcons, which sent the 49ers to Super Bowl XLVII, and on February 3, Harbaugh faced his older brother, John Harbaugh and the Ravens in the Super Bowl.[91] It was the first time two head coaching brothers met against each other in the Super Bowl, John Harbaugh and the Ravens won this game with a score of 34-31

Harbaugh second year as 49.ers

n the 2013 season, Harbaugh led his team to a 12-4 regular season record and a third consecutive appearance both in the playoffs and NFC title game. In doing so, Harbaugh became the first NFL head coach to have reached a conference championship game in each of his first three seasons. good coach.

true harbaugh  protect his qb in 49 and luck at stanford. 49 don,t have a qb as good as luck still made too sb . Though the 49ers were expected to struggle in what was anticipated to be a rebuilding season,[76] with a new scheme and many new players as well as shortened summer practices due to the lockout, Harbaugh led the team to a 13–3 record in the regular season, winning the NFC West West Division while finishing second overall in the NFC and bringing the team to the NFC Championship Game .

was his first year at 49'ers

Harbaugh started out with a team basically already built. Pagano started from scratch. When Pagano took over there was only 5 or 6 players left over from the previous season and two of those players were kickers. Big difference.

Harbaugh started out with a team basically already built. Pagano started from scratch. When Pagano took over there was only 5 or 6 players left over from the previous season and two of those players were kickers. Big difference.

record before harbaugh was 15 - 22 loses .462 clearly a sb team ?

At least he had a team that had played together. When Pagano took the Colts over he had 6 players who had played together and two of them were kickers. But I don't think you could understand that being all you want to do is point the finger at Pagano.

I'd love to see Harbaugh back with the Colts.  

No thank you because he's such a crybaby when he loses NFC Championship Games & SBs. He's worse than a 6 year old kid overloaded on birthday sugar. 

Can Harbaugh block? 

Ha! Ha! I laughed some darn hard when I read this! You are a sarcastic treasure ruksak. 

As the special assistant to the special assistant?

If Jim Harbaugh was to be hypothetically get hired in INDY as the special assistant to the special assistant, does that eventually mean he would get sacked [fired] by those who do the sacking who just got sacked themselves? A Monty Python "Holy Grail" movie joke.  :P

Just as always. As long as the Colts win games everyone is happy and singing the praises for the owner, GM and coaches. We get beat by a very good team and now the sky is falling. Fire the GM. Fire the head coach and everyone below them. While we are at it let's fire Jim Irsay? (sarcasm). I guess all fans are the same basically. I don't know what is worse, my 1 year old great grandson who whines and cries most of the time or the biggest part of Colt fans after a loss.

Just as always. As long as the Colts win games everyone is happy and singing the praises for the owner, GM and coaches. We get beat by a very good team and now the sky is falling. Fire the GM. Fire the head coach and everyone below them. While we are at it let's fire Jim Irsay? (sarcasm). I guess all fans are the same basically. I don't know what is worse, my 1 year old great grandson who whines and cries most of the time or the biggest part of Colt fans after a loss.

Worse is a coach that acts like a 1 year old .

No thank you because he's such a crybaby when he loses NFC Championship Games & SBs. He's worse than a 6 year old kid overloaded on birthday sugar. 

Ha! Ha! I laughed some darn hard when I read this! You are a sarcastic treasure ruksak. 

If Jim Harbaugh was to be hypothetically get hired in INDY as the special assistant to the special assistant, does that eventually mean he would get sacked [fired] by those who do the sacking who just got sacked themselves? A Monty Python "Holy Grail" movie joke.  :P

with the way Alex Smith was playing at the time, no definitely not a SB team.  Harbaugh helped turn Smith's career around and made the decision to switch to Kap.  Now they are a SB contender.  It's a wonder what good QB play can do.

That said, I wouldn't want Harbaugh here in any capacity.  The '95 season was special but ever since I haven't really cared for him.  I wanted to like him with the 49ers but just can't..

BTW, if we fire every HC that doesn't turn the Colts into the top team in the league in under 3 years then we're simply going to turn into the Raiders or Browns.  

Colts fans are SPOILED FREAKING ROTTEN!

I cannot imagine the atmosphere around here if the Colts ever went 8-8 or worse.

I am not happy with the way the team has played in the past month, but really?

Let's throw the baby out with the bath water, yeah that will fix everything!